LEMICHA   2,287
1,000-2,499 SparkPoints
LEMICHA's Recent Blog Entries

Starting the weightloss road again... *sigh*

Friday, September 28, 2012

Well here I am again, heavier than I was when last pregnant...full term! *SIGH*
I feel depressed and weak. So I have started small... My morning coffee is a big user of calories with sugar and milk. I now only have one big cup of coffee...which is equivalent to two standard sized coffees. I now only put one tsp sugar in it. BUT before I can have my morning coffee I have to go and earn it on the ab machine. I even used a permanent marker on my sugar jar to remind me. On it I wrote "Go do 10X before having 1" ! This is my beginning. Its small but it is a start.

I have paid for an online coach. My sisters are doing the same program, this is how I found out about it. There are amazing results.
If anyone is interested please pm me your name and email and I will send you an invitation to the program. (3 invites that join the program and you get a free heart monitor for your exercise...oh how nice that would be emoticon )

My first task was to make a small change, hence my above mentioned coffee/ab exercise. I am getting my core muscles strengthened because when my program is fully up and going I know that its going to be FULL ON!
The food menu is much easier to follow as it uses 'raw' ingredients rather than pre packaged foods and brands that are not available in my country which has been my annoyance here. The time spent trying to find matching things has just made me not bother because I just don't have all that time needed. Yeah I know that's a slack excuse but I don't buy much packaged/processed food or condiments. So it was a major pain in my butt.
With my first task I am learning to do my exercise first thing upon getting up. That way it doesn't get pushed aside. So far I have exceeded my 10 every morning. I know it is laughable but I am my own worst critic. I need to set my goal so that I will do it. If I set it too high and I don't make it my own headspace murders my enthusiasm.
I started my task on Wednesday, ab machine...6x 10 reps in about 15 minutes! Thursday 6X 10 reps + 3X 10 leg raises 15mins. Friday 10X 10 reps, 7X 10 leg raises. Saturday 10X10abs +10X 10 leg raises in only 5 mins.
I already feel a little stronger in my core ab muscles and my pelvic floor muscles are also strengthening emoticon that's always a plus after having 4 children LOL.
I am not over doing it and hurting myself but I do feel my muscles groaning as they wake up. I can also feel strengthening in my injured shoulder which means my ongoing pain is subsiding.
I reckon I can squeeze some more reps in through the day now...my journey to become half the person I am today has started!!

Spark here and the program together will be working hand in hand. Spark has an amazing amount of information and resources but the coaching program I am now using has a menu tailored for my environment, my normal shopping habits. When I go to the supermarket I barely go down the aisles. I don't want to be going down them searching for stuff. I only need the fruit and veg, some cereal and bread, toilet paper. I buy my meat bulk elsewhere and I use soapnuts for washing my clothes. Essential oils I buy bulk online is my fragrance, disinfectant and even helps keep the spiders from climbing the walls. It keeps costs and packaging right down!!

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

22JAMIE 9/29/2012 12:22AM

    all the small changes will add up and it's the best way to make real change. Good luck!!

Report Inappropriate Comment
WENDYJM4 9/28/2012 9:23PM

    great blog. sStart small and increase when you can. Sounds like you are heaading in the right direction. emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
MINNA72 9/28/2012 6:46PM

    Welcome back to SparkLand! I am sure the small changes you've made will get you a ways toward your goals. Stay strong, motivated and focused!

Good luck with the online coach-thing!

Report Inappropriate Comment
NVRDWN88 9/28/2012 6:38PM

    Congrats on getting back on track ...that is way way better then ignoring reality and escaping into the tv set..I say kudos andook forward to your success ...its just some great decisions away

Report Inappropriate Comment
WINSLOWGIRLS3 9/28/2012 6:19PM

    Making small changes will add up and I'm sure you'll have great success!!!

Report Inappropriate Comment

The birth of Izabelle

Friday, November 26, 2010

Izabelle was overdue. I was having rather strong contractions even a week earlier when her Daddy, Patrik was getting on the plane to go back home to Sweden. She was born one week later!
I started getting really noticeable contractions around 2am on Saturday morning. About 7/10 and at 3:46am I had my 6th one that woke me out of sleep. I got up and went to the toilet and then went to the bathroom and weighed myself. 238.3 lbs I then went and made some raspberry leaf tea. By 4:38am the contraction strength was back down to 3/10. The contractions stayed irregular and low in pain over the weekend.
On Monday 13th, I had my antenatal appointment and overdue checks. The usual prodding and questions. Blood pressure and ankle swelling all normal. I then had to go from the midwives room and go to another room nearby and sit in a chair. They hooked me up and monitored my baby's heart rate and the contractions. I had to push a button every time I felt her kick and every contraction. They were happy with everything and I even had a couple of 7/10 contractions while there. My midwife asked what I was doing today and if I wanted to hang around. I think she thought I should probably stay as it looked as though I may be having my baby that day. I told her I had a couple of things to do and then I was going home. She shook her head at me lol. Well she said, would I be ok with an ultrasound to check on the amniotic fluid around bub. I said sure that's okay. I was going to ask if that could be done. So then we went to the Doctors room. She decided to use his little mini ultrasound machine that just looked like a laptop. That way she could get his opinion straight away. He was in between patients and he helped her to use the machine as it was different to the other machine. She checked the first two quadrants and I was already showing way more than enough fluid to pass their test. The 3rd was obscured with the umbilical cord and they couldn't get the reading and the 4th put my amount up to more than 6 times their 'safe' quota. That's without the 4th reading. The Doctor said okay to my going another week safely. I was happy and relaxed as that meant no more pushing me to induce, which I was against. So I left the hospital happy with the thought that I had done all that the midwives needed me to do to keep them happy with their 'requirements'. I also new that all was well as I had suspected and that bub was fine. That my choices were safe and right. I went to the shops I needed to go to, but quickly wore out and just wanted t be home. Standing in line while people take their time, while I'm in pain with contractions was making me rather irritated LOL So I went home, 40 minutes drive with a few contractions slowing my driving. ;-)
The contractions remained erratic.
Tuesday morning at 10:56am the mucous plug finally started to come away. The first 'show'! By 12:45pm I started feeling sick. 6:17pm a piece of the plug came away with a streak of brown blood. Enough to cover a thumb nail. I had 4 contractions over 20 minutes and they were getting stronger and more painful.

More and more of the plug was coming away throughout the evening. From 8pm I was trying to get some sleep. The contractions kept waking me. They were 7-8 now and sometimes dipping to 5 and sometimes going up to 9. By 12:46am there was now red blood in the mucous. By 3:45am I was about 5cm dilated and after4:30am I was hitting pain of 9 more often.

By 7am I passed small red and brown clots of blood and the pain was reaching 10. Just had to breathe through it. Getting Faith ready for school was hard. My contractions were hitting 9 and 10 here and there. The OMG level that you cannot talk! Faith would be asking me questions and all I could do was pant and breathe until it subsided. I told her about the pain, why I could not talk to her and that her sister would be born that day. I told her to stay at school and not come home at lunchtime. After she went to school I made sure everything was where I needed it in the bathroom.

After 9am the pain backed off a little to a 9, at 9:30am I threw up. The pains were coming steadily now. Not even 10 minutes between them consistently. I spent the morning in and out of the bath. The weather was still cold enough to keep making the bath water go cold, faster than I liked. I was getting worried about running out of hot water. I had my camera set up on a tripod near the bath so I could take pics after she was born. After 10am I stopped writing and tracking because the pains just kept coming full on. I got in the bath... again! I heard the school bell go at recess and the end of recess. Well when she decided that it was time finally, I had moved the tripod away from the bath edge. The pains ran so close I couldn't get out and get the camera close again. I glared at it....willing it to move closer LOL soooooo frustrating! I was still only 5cm dilated and finally went to 10 just before I had her. When I checked I could feel her coming down. I cried and was so relieved that the pain would soon be over. The pain was much worse than Faith had been. But Faith was much smaller too!
The only way I could get comfortable..ish was to squat in the bath. I pushed down hard with the contractions. They had become unrelenting, with barely a breath in between. There was no holding back, I was getting so worn out after enduring the pains for too many days. I had to remind myself it was nearly over. I knew that I had to just push. I felt and heard something crack in my pelvis as she came down, I remember thinking...that can't be good! Her head was crowning and I could feel the sac over her still. I kept myself in a squatting position in the water and then the next push I felt the sac break and she pushed out. I stopped pushing to allow my body to stretch that last bit, so I would not tear when her shoulders came through. That was so hard to do... I felt her head in the water and felt all her hair swishing as I rubbed her head... WOW! Soooo much hair... it felt so awesome. Then the next big contraction came and I could no longer wait, I pushed her out and scooped her up out of the water. I sat down in the bath water with her and marveled at her hair and how chubby she was. Hardly any grease on her. She was born when she was ready alright. She started breathing straight away and I didn't even have to rub her back to encourage her ( I had to with my previous bub ). Her eyes were open and alert. She was trying to look around but I could see the oily film over her eyes and knew everything would be blurry for her. She didn't flop her head around, instead she was already strong enough to hold her head up. Amazing! I stared to feed her and she took to the breast and fed easily.
I remembered that I had to massage my belly to make sure the placenta all came away. The next contraction came and I pushed out the placenta, but a little held still. The bath filled with blood n stuff, I continued to feed her and stroke her while waiting for my body to let go of the last bit. I still glared at the camera, so close yet so far away. I couldn't get a pic until I could get up and out... The water was getting cold and I didn't like sitting in bloodied water. I wet the facewasher and put it over bub to keep her warm, then pulled the plug. I started running the water and used the small hose attached to the tap, to clean the bath. I saw the bottom of the bath and saw that bub had done her first poop after being born. A big green/black area on the base of the bath. At least it wasn't in a nappy. That fist poop is grose n sticky and hard to clean off. I hosed it all down the drain. I wanted clean water, not bloodied so I also hosed the placenta to clean off the blood. The water pressure helped to dislodge the last of the placenta, wish I had known that would happen, I would have done it earlier lol. Yay! I can finally move. I filled the bathwater to get bub warm and give her a rinse in clean water. Then I checked the umbilical cord completely and saw that it was finished totally of delivering blood to bub, got the ribbon pieces I had been soaking in white spirit... gin... lol. I tied the cord off near bub and then again about an inch further away. Then I cut the umbilical cord with my big strong material scissors, which I had also sterilised, in between the two tied pieces of ribbon. I put the placenta in a plastic container I had nearby then finally, I was able to step out of the bath. I could finally get to the darn camera!! I put bub on the warmed blanket and towel near a heater I had set up. I checked the radiating heat and turned it down to a safe level that was warming on bubs skin and not too hot. Then I grabbed the camera and took a photo of her.

I put an old towel down to kneel on and started to put a nappy on bub, that done I dried myself and got dressed. I then threw the towel I had knelt on in the water to soak off the blood.
Dressed now and bub all wrapped up with a nappy on, I went to the bedroom to dress her and then take it easy and give Patrik the news via a phone call. Then my house phone rang, I went to the kitchen to get the phone. My daughter Eve! She asked how I was going and I told her that her sister was born. She was happy and sounded teary! She said she would ring Jess, my other daughter for me to let her know.

I then finally got on my computer to call Patrik. He was already at work by this time and I was able to talk to him until he HAD to go. The machine doesn't stop and his job was to put the compressed sawdust logs into bags and seal them ready for the shops. They kept coming and the belt started overflowing and dropping them on the floor...ooops! LOL Glad he has a great boss! Then Jess rang me and said she was on her way, Eve had spoken to her and she had started crying, her boss had thought something was wrong LOL. She told her boss that she was happy and always cried when I gave birth to her siblings. Her boss told her to go. So she was driving 40 minutes to me to drive me to the hospital. I got a little rest and when she arrived we talked and she held bub while I slowly got stuff together and got ready to go.

We waited for Faith to finish school and after she got home, we went to the hospital.

I ended up driving as she doesn't like driving my car and it felt good having her sitting next to bub in the back while I drove. There is nothing worse than having to put your baby in the backseat of the car and drive for 40 minutes, when all you want to do is to stay home and hold your bub. When I got to the hospital I parked close by and told Jess to go to the emergency department and grab a wheelchair. I didn't feel up to walking all that way up to the birthing rooms, so soon after delivering bub.
Finally a group of staff came out fast to me LOL They panicked I reckon. Jess told me later that when she went into the emergency department that the lady started asking questions and trying to fill out forms. Jess told her that she is not answering her questions and filling out forms, that her Mum had just given birth and needed a wheelchair now! LOL That's my girl! One of the women that came out was one I had seen in the midwife clinic, antenatal appointments. She remembered me and my wish to have my baby at home, she knew I had done this before and so was relaxed with me. I asked her if she could put a clamp on bubs cord so the ribbon wasn't getting soiled and creating a problem. She did this on the passenger seat of the car for me after bub was taken out of her seat. She asked about the placenta to which I told her was in the container on the floor beside her. She checked bub over and said I did well! She looked alert and healthy. Jess and her then helped me get everything together, with Faith, then she wheeled me up to the birthing suite. I got put in a room and then she handed me over to the staff there. The midwife asked if I was staying and I said that I would stay long enough for them to do their checks and that I was then going home. I said that I had spoken to the woman who ran that department while I was pregnant and she had said that it was okay to do so. That said the midwife started on the paperwork. Another midwife did check on my blood pressure and prodded my stomach and looked at the blood loss etc. She asked me if I wanted to be checked over to see if I needed stitches. I said no and told her I was happy being left alone and that I never tear and I only had a small graze that stung a little when I went to the loo. Nothing bad. Then the food was being served and I got a really yummy spread of food. I was so grateful as I hadn't eaten all day. There was juice, tea/coffee, soup, sandwiches, fresh chicken and salad, bread roll, cheesecake and fruit, I think...! It tasted so yummy! It was worth driving to the hospital just for the food. ;) Plus I wanted to know her weight and height measurements. I had weighed myself at home and then weighed myself holding her and that showed her at 9 pounds. When they weighed her they said 9 pound 1 ounce. 4135 grams. They didn't do her height though. I got that a week later with her 1st maternal health visit/checkup. By then she was 52cm long, her weight was 4150g. Later the midwife asked if I wanted the placenta checked in front of me or in another room, I said in front of me. So she brought it in and explained everything to us as she did it. Faith thought it was fascinating, got really close. Jess was interested but grossed out at the same time LOL. All of it had come away and all was well.
Later bub got her Hepatitis shot and I got the whooping cough booster. All went fine with the doctors check on bub and about 5 hours after we arrived, I was able to leave. All paperwork done including the letter I needed to register her birth. We then went home, all of us exhausted.

Overall it was a long painful birth except the pushing time of unbearable pain which was nice and short. Looking back there was no particular time that showed to be the best time to go to the hospital. Even if I had wanted to. Even at a point when I thought maybe I would, it as already too late to be able to drive. I didn't consider an ambulance as there was no emergency. I am thankful again that all went well and I did it on my own without any interference.
I feel blessed to be able to hold our baby daughter... Izabelle Lilja, my daughter to my soulmate!!

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

HAPPY92003 3/17/2011 5:01PM

    Wow! I echo all of the comments here, you are so brave to give birth at home:) What a wonderful story to share with your little one when she grows up:)

Report Inappropriate Comment

  Very interesting...all on your own, wow. Congratulations!

Report Inappropriate Comment
MCMOM11 12/9/2010 11:10AM

    I had my last 4 at home, VBAC;) Izabelle's birth story is beautiful!!! Two of mine were born in our bedroom, one was in a swimming pool in our living room(dh ran hot water through the house) and the last was on the bathroom floor(coming to fast) ;) Congratulations, she is beautiful!!!!! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
JENNA-P 12/9/2010 10:45AM

    Wow, that's amazing!! I can't believe you did it all on your own!

Report Inappropriate Comment
IMJETTA8 12/3/2010 1:07AM

    all i can say is WOW!!! You are one strong woman. What an experience, I wish I was there with you. Hugs, Jetta

Report Inappropriate Comment
MELLYBEANS0919 11/26/2010 5:33PM

    Such a beautiful story of birth. Congrats! What a beautiful little girl you have!

Report Inappropriate Comment
MRS.NG.06 11/26/2010 4:54PM

    holy cow...you are amazing sweetie!!!!!!! thanks for sharing your story!!

Report Inappropriate Comment
22JAMIE 11/26/2010 4:47PM

    What a strong and amazing woman you are to be able to do that at home by yourself!! Izabelle will be proud of you emoticon thanks for sharing your story.

Report Inappropriate Comment
KTNEWJOURNEY 11/26/2010 3:54PM

    That is such an amazing story! You are an amazing woman to be there by yourself!

Report Inappropriate Comment
SPOTLIGHTANGEL 11/26/2010 9:24AM


Report Inappropriate Comment
JOBIONE 11/26/2010 6:45AM

    Hi Lee, WOW!! What an amazing story. I am in awe of you to be so brave and strong to give birth on your own. I don't know what else to say! I'm completely awestruck! So all there is to say is congratulations and all your girls are just beautiful.

Jo xxx

Report Inappropriate Comment
MINNA72 11/26/2010 3:18AM

    What a wonderful story, Lee! So glad everything went well. Me, well, I'm the kind of person to be camping out at the hospital, demanding to be induced! LOL!

She is absolutely gorgeous!

Report Inappropriate Comment
BARCLE 11/26/2010 2:36AM

    WOW - what an amazing story of Izabelle's birth. Congratulations and I am thrilled it all went so well. She's beautiful! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment

The nappy/diaper dilemma!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

With so many other things going on, one problem for me has been choosing what to do about nappies/diapers. As easy as disposables are, I am not willing to pour my money into landfill. I have been investigating the options.

This clip shows a woman with different types of cloth nappies/diapers. She also explains stuff about them.
Different brands of premade nappies and all in ones...




Okay these are Australian sites, my point is what is out there and prices/design/materials. Just google 'cloth nappies' and find sites closer to you!!!

There are so many different types of premade ones out there, but the prices are distgusting. I don't like the snaps all over some of the all in ones and I worry about the drying time with so many layers. I did find flat flannelette nappies which are easy but the price has hiked over the years. So I have been pondering the pros and cons of the many different types.
I bought a heap of brand new brown coloured face washes. 30x30cms. I have found some cheap shops stocking microfibre cloths in packs of 5 & 6 in the auto sections. So I have materials I was after for the centre soak spot. I was going to buy 2nd hand flannelette flat sheets to cut and use for the main body of the nappy until 'Spotlight' a big material etc franchise decided to have a sale. The flannelette material in white and solid colors was $4.99mtr. Now they were 40% off that price.... So that meant I was able to get 10mtrs of material for about $26 instead of about $50. The material is 110cms wide. So I found one of my old flat nappies and folded in the way I like... then measured it! From these measurements I can get 2x nappies and one cloth for burping, from 70cms of material. So from 10mtrs, 30x nappies and 15x cloths for $26.

The store put the large quantities onto rolls for me. Gosh thats a lot easier than having it all folded up. So 10mtrs on a roll, plus put in a plastic bag and sealed, especially good for storage and transportation when its pouring with rain!
emoticon As you can see I got dark pink, yellow, purple and white. Spearment green was actually more expensive... go figure!?!?! The pink roll is fully cut up, the pile in the front.
Now I will say that by the time I am finished cutting it all up. I will not need that many burp rags. I plan to cut reusable wipes from these as well as making my own washable nappy bag...
The centre soak area, 50 cents facewasher and less than $1 for microfibre cloth. (26 + 15 + 30 [rounded up to take cotton & electricity into consideration] = $71) I could have saved money and bought the towelling material and cut it up, but I had bought them before I knew which way I would go... oh well. This way they are how I want them and new materials. The 2nd hand sheets though a good idea, were filled with fillers etc from washing powders that they have been washed in. As bubs can get allergies to these I decided to go for new materials. I also got lightweight wool material for $8 mtr. White 1 mtr and purple 1.5 mtrs. These are for pants over the top of the nappy. This way the skin can breathe and I don't end up with a wet lap when bub goes to the toilet. I have never liked the plastic covers, they caused rashes.

This is what I have done in the past... a flat flannelette nappy. The fold I liked to use!

1. The flat nappy/diaper
2. Fold in half (up)
3. Fold in half again (across into a square shape...1/4)
4. Take the top layer, right corner and drag it across to the left
5. Flip it over
6. Take all layers of the right corner and fold it left, over the centre
7. Fold the centre piece over again, in half
8. Add the liner (fine material to allow liquid through and poop to catch for easily disposal, it also stops the poop clinging onto the material of the nappy which makes it harder to clean)
At this point you can turn it around and put bub into it, doing it up the same as 9 & 10. When putting the pin in, you can put your hand in between the layers of the centre soak area so you don't get bub with the pin....Don't laugh, my husband didn't do that for our 1st girl and literally pinned her skin and all...he never forgot to do it again!
9. Fold the top down
10.Fold the right wing across the centre
11.Roll it over right to left
12....and again. There you have it ready to pack in a bag to go out!
NOTE: nightime nappy can have another nappy folded up in a rectangle and placed in centre for extra layers for soaking up those big wees at night for those long sleepers, to stop the bed getting wet. Alternately you could insert a facewasher or such! [under the liner of course]
I used lanolin cream or zinc and castor oil cream, wipe off old and apply new every change, just rub a thin barrier over front and back, no nappy rashes. (well rarely) Simple and cheap!

Okay... from my tried and tested method to something to use this time round.
I measured out on masking tape on my table. I really only needed the straight/square line to place my material. Then 70cms up from the closest edge then 70cm across from left to right. I put lines of tape at these measurements as my guide.
I have a straight piece of wood (its going to be a shelf in the kitchen) thats long enough to draw my straight line at the 70cm mark. (I used pen to mark it as I can't find my tailors chalk. Any pen will be on the inside of sewn areas so I'm not worried about marks)

Now from the top left corner of the 70cm marked line I go diagonally right, down to the edge, but 70cm across. Drawing the second line.

Now I have my two measured lines, its time to cut...

Thats one nappy done. Now cut along the top line...

Now bring the top left corner of the cut piece down to the edge, meeting the two corners together, then cut straight up...

Your nappy is the triangle on the left, plus the first one you cut, then for 2x nappies you have 1x burp rag left over.

So now I have my nappy bits together and now I need to sew it up so it doesn't fray from washing and wear and tear.

So now I need to sew these up! I'll make the bottom of the triangle squared off and slightly square off the wings.
Stay tuned for the next part... I have to eat now! lol

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

JESLEBU 8/3/2010 10:53PM

    Go mum!! ;) Lol

Report Inappropriate Comment
KTNEWJOURNEY 7/21/2010 5:44PM

    Wow! That's awesome! Thanks for sharing with us!

Report Inappropriate Comment
22JAMIE 7/21/2010 10:54AM

    wow what a project!! thanks for sharing this with us emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
MINNA72 7/21/2010 9:26AM

    Well, how creative! Good for you! I went with disposables, at the time we didn't have our own washing machine so anything else would have been insane. ;)

Happy sewing!

Report Inappropriate Comment

4D ultrasound!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Well I haven't updated in a while. I am sick and deciding to stay in bed today. A good time to play catch up. I had my 4D ultrasound on Tuesday. Wow it was so much better than the regular one. Rebekkah is getting her baby plumpness now and I could see her sucking on her hand, playing with her toes and so many facial expressions... even her smile awwwwww! I had to share them

My belly has ballooned forward but still keep my weight gain in check. Some days I'm waddling like a duck and others I can walk fine LOL
My boobs are filling and already leaking DOH Bub is head down most of the time now and I doubt making full term. But ya' never know! My 1st pregnancy was 41wks, 2nd was 40wks, 3rd was 39wks..... we will see what this one does. Next week I have my GD test. Its kind of overdue but oh well, better late than never. I have been making nappy/diaper covers... found a good pattern.
This is the youtube video of the cover and how to sew it. It also has the link to the pattern.
Which is ... www.handmadebyrita.blogspot.com/
When I am finished, I'll post some pics emoticon
My partner is coming to Australia at the end of August, ready to welcome our daughter into the world. It will be his first time in Oz. I want to show him so much but know that I am not going to have the chance as I will be all about bub by then... I do want to show him our mountains though... hopefully there will still be some late snow about when he comes. Our snowy landscape is so different to his! Anyway.... I hear the toilet calling LOL LOL I'll post again soon CYA XXX

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

MUSIC66 9/14/2010 3:57AM

    great pictures i have 3 son one was born 4 days over due date he is 20 he middle one was born at 39 weeks he is 18 and the youngest was born at 38 weeks he is 14 all born by c section.

Report Inappropriate Comment
MIK113 6/21/2010 3:41PM

    awesome photos! Hope you feel better soon!

Report Inappropriate Comment
JENNA-P 6/21/2010 3:11PM

    These are amazing! Wow!

Report Inappropriate Comment
22JAMIE 6/18/2010 11:07AM

    great photos!!

Report Inappropriate Comment
RAIDERMOM2277 6/17/2010 10:27PM

  Awesome pictures, She is beautiful. Best Wishes.

Report Inappropriate Comment
BEYOURBEST1 6/17/2010 8:45PM

    She is beautiful! Many congratulations to you and your husband on this very special addition to the family. I wish you an easy delivery and good health to all.

Report Inappropriate Comment

Slow progress! But moving forward...

Friday, April 16, 2010

Well the weather is cooling and the flea problem has settled down for now. I am so grateful. The mouse problem is still here but I have now put out bait. Only problem with that is the smell of death and inability to find the little bodies UGH!! I was wrong about the kittens and cat under the house. Mother cat is pregnant again and two babies play in my yard. Yes of course I have to feed them SIGH! Wouldn't you? Mummy cat!

fluffy kitten!

stripy kitten!
So the cat that drowned was one I didn't know and the fleas appear to be all over the poor kittens and cat as they scratch and bite at themselves all the time. Poor things!
I'm such a sucker for animals LOL
Getting the house ready for sale is slow and tedious. To get the amount I need there is much to do. I miss my man so much but we talk nearly every day. As we have both had time changes it is more difficult though. With the pregnancy I can't stay up to all hours of the night. I bomb out not long after dark. Doh!
I have our bubs heartbeat now... emoticon
Which of course was sent straight to Daddy via msgr to go on his mobile. On Tuesday I have my ultrasound. I waited until the 20-21 week so we would see our baby's features more clearly and find out if its a boy or a girl. I can't wait! I have been feeling bub moving for quite a few weeks now which is comforting, though being comfortable in bed is another matter LOL. I have still not gained any weight and I am so grateful. Normally by now I would be getting the when are you due questions and the oh I thought you must be ready to drop... grrrr! So... so grateful not to have that again. I just look like I have a bit of a belly but thinner face.
My other news which I have had to wait to share is that a few weeks after I have my 4th child, my daughter Eve is due to have her 1st child. I will be a grandmother. It weighs heavily on both Patrik and I that I will not be here for her. It really sux! Its hard enough to help her just being 1 1/2 hours away from her. Trying to get the house stuff done. Trying to be careful with the pregnancy and not strain my body. Trying to help Eve as much as I can. Trying to be there for my eldest daughter Jess while she goes through her own struggles. Waiting for Jess and Eve to bond better so I know that they will support each other when I am not here. Having constant issues with my youngest daughter Faith. She is now nearly 6 and has the attitude problems of a teen. I feel so overwhelmed and strained quite often and just keep trying to move forward.
I often get asked when I am moving over to Sweden by friends. Its so hard because I do not have that answer. I will get there when I get there. That's all I can say. I try to not get depressed about it. I know that if I take a little longer and do things right then our future will be more secure. I need the money to fund my aquaponics in Sweden. Without it I worry on how we will struggle financially. So rush I must not. I am just setting my mind to be as healthy as possible and just keep doing what needs to be done. I know that it will all work out in the end because I have faith and hope! And the love of my soulmate! Striving forwards!!!!

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

MINNA72 4/30/2010 4:27AM

    Sorry I missed this blog post !
Also sorry to hear that things aren't going as speedily as you might have wished. You are right of course, you'll get there when you get there.

CUTE kittens! And YAY on hearing the heartbeat! Sometimes (only sometimes, though... LOL) I miss being pregnant.

I hope things keep going well for you and the bub (not to mention your daughter!)!

Big hugs!

Report Inappropriate Comment
CADDIVA1 4/22/2010 1:02PM

    You have a great attitude about Sweden & everything with taking care of yourself and your kids, and your new one in your belly... You are doing it right. What is Aquaponics? Is that what you do for a living? Where is your hubby anyway? Is he in Sweden now? I am sorry it has been a while since I seen. The cat and kittens are adorable! We have one cat and one dog... they are both 1 yrs old. That is exciting and kinda scary about your daughter being preggo too huh? Well she can still come and visit you too you know??? You don't have to do all the driving.

Can't wait till you find out if it will be a boy or girl! Don't forget to post that! So how far along are you now??? I must a few wks ahead of you? I will be 24 on Sat. but I just started to feel my little girl lately. You felt yours sooner.

I hear you on the sleep thing.. LOL.. I got one of those LONG pillows.. They are soooo worth the $$$ I sleep with it every night and it helps the back sooooooo much. I will miss it the weekend we will be going to Florida. But I will just need extra pillows....Sometimes getting of bed I feel like a beached whale....LOL......but you said your not showing , so how come your not sleeping? I have gained weight for sure.. but you know what they say every pregnancy and every woman is different. Even if you have had 4 kids , all your pregnancy will be different.

Take care! And try to fog your house for the fleas.. get sometone to help you. and good luck with the kittens. Take it easy!

Report Inappropriate Comment
LEMICHA 4/17/2010 4:07AM

    LOL Jetta! You are a gem! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
IMJETTA8 4/16/2010 10:10PM

    I love you my friend, I wish I was there to help you. You know that right???

So let me squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze through my computer and out the wiring and whaaaaaaaa laaaaaaaa, I am right there in front of you lol

Boy that would scare ya huh!!

Glad you are taking care of you. Cute kittens, sorry she is pregnant again though.

Lots of love, Jetta

Report Inappropriate Comment

1 2 3 Last Page