Monday, May 23, 2011
Ran the Rhody Run 12k yesterday - my longest run to date! Full recap w/ splits on my blog:
Finished in 1:22:44, 11:06 pace which is pretty darn good for me. My Huz ran with me the whole way! Love him.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My Oma is "Lea Ann" and my mom is "Rhonda Lea" and I'm "Leah" so yeah...
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I'm pretty sure it was last week watching a sappy movie.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I don't really do lunch meat but if I had to chose, it would be turkey or chicken.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
One dog. :)
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT?
Why I never!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I don't really do cereal. What, does oatmeal count?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No. I untie them when I put them on.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Coconut Milk - Cherry Chocolate
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Smile? I don't know.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Lack of confidence
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Having a good friend close by. Anyone.
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Um, nothing except the typing.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Um... Cinnamon? Or my husbands deodarant.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
A wholesaler through work.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
I'm a blondie at the moment.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
No way can I decide.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Oh jeez. SALT? I think.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
tiramisu or hot fudge brownie sundae
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Don't have one. Yay for optical mouse's! Mice?
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
jefferson county hospital, port townsend, wa
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
pinkishy taupe gross
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
meh. I'm bored.
Wednesday, April 06, 2011
It's been a bit since I updated so here's what is going on!
1) Actively training for a 12k. Longest run to day: 3.5 miles. next Sunday will be a personal distance record for me at 4 miles. Just chugging along!
2) Still doing new Rules of Lifting for Women - currently in rest week between stages 4 and 5 and am definitely having some mental burnout here. Not sure if it is because I've added the running to the mix or the fact that I've been doing it for nearly 4 months but I am still planning on getting through it and should be wrapping it up mid-June.
3) I'm boycotting the scale for the month of April. (Well, I weighed in on April 1 but that doesn't count.) We'll see what happens. If I stay the same, I guess I'll be content. I am just tired of the scale ruling my life.
4) We are starting a vegetable garden! My dad is helping us build the box this weekend and we'll plant the following. I'm planning on lots of herbs and greens, maybe some zucchini, onions, garlic, potatoes. I have a book about gardening here in the PacNW that I'm starting.
5) I just finished reading "The Book Thief" and it was SOOOO good! Best book I've read in a long time. You should read it. Yes, you.
6) I feel like I've been lacking in the green veggie department. Note taken, and now I need to adjust.
7) Rain, rain, go away! Why can't it be summer yet?! We have big plans for the summer including baseball and lots of hiking and running. Hurry up and get here already!
8) I am ridiculously excited about our first anniversary approaching! (May 30th!) We don't have $ to go all out but it'll be a special weekend and I've got good stuff up my sleeve for Huz!
9) Tummy troubles are almost nonexsistent which is amazing and fantastic. I've even gotten away with "cheating" a couple of times without consequence! Still working on what my main triggers are.
10) I'm mustering up the courage to ask my boss for a fatty raise during our business planning meeting in two weeks. Anyone have any words of wisdom? I think I've got a lot of it worked out already but I'm worried that once I get in to his office I'm going to be a blubbering idiot.
Monday, March 21, 2011
... The running bug, that is!
I've been participating in SP's 5k training plan and have been really happy with it! I have had issues with my knees and feet but overall am doing really well and got new shoes so hopefully that will help most of the issues.
So I read a lot of blogs, a lot of healthy living blogs, blogs by runners. And I kind of want to be one of them. I've never really run more than a 5k (a few times) and I've never been particularly good at running. I'm slow. And it's sort of a mental battle. But I really want to run. I love the idea of leaving the house and just taking off. Or totally zoning out on the treadmill.
So guess what. I think Huz and I are going to sign up for a (hold your breath) 12k run.
You'd think that the next logical step up from a 5k would be an 8k, or a 10k, but nope. I'm feeling the itch to jump to 12k for a good challenge - and it is a local race, in my home town, and my dad would be there to support us and I think it could be really amazing. It is a bit hilly, but I'm cool with that. If I make it through the training. I haven't registered yet. I'm going to hold off a bit and see how the first few weeks of training go. And then we'll see.
So wish me luck! Here I go! I'm off like the wind! (A really really slow light wind.)
Monday, March 14, 2011
Last week, I finally FINALLY saw a 15- on the scale! Albeit a 159.5 (barely! but it counts!). And now I'm scared to get back on the scale because I straight up do. not. want. to see a 16- again. I've been fighting the scale for months (years?) and I feel so victorous with finally seeing the 150's. But my body is so stubborn and fickle at the same time. And I know how easy it is to go up and down with normal fluctuations. I'm considering just booycotting my scale for awhile. Give it a few weeks. See what happens. Really focus on staying in my range and burning some serious calories. But then there is that curious part of me that really wants to see if my body has finally decided to hang out in the 150's for awhile.
Get An Email Alert Each Time LEFTOVERS4LUNCH Posts