Friday, May 31, 2013
My last post was nearly 2 years ago to the day! I've spent the last 2 years living my life, the result of which is 18 pounds...because that life included quite a few doughnuts.
But that's ok! I'm still more than 50 pounds less than my 2008 Spark starting weight. I should have been a little more mindful of my food intake, and I definitely should have been more active. But I had fun, and I'm not beating my self up for it. I love food (reading about it, making it, sharing it, and eating it), and I treasure the memories of times when I throw my food caution to the wind.
It's important to know when your weight gain is slipping out of control. For me, I judge by clothing size. I may bump up a size (especially around the holidays), but that's it. If my larger size starts to feel tight, it's time to come back to Spark. Tracking works, and the support system that Spark creates is like coming back to an old friend for support.
This time, I've entered a 6 week weight loss competition, and Spark is my secret weapon. There's money on the line, and my goal is to drop that 18 pounds. I'm glad to be motivated, and I'm glad that I'm back on Spark.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
I have been trying and failing to rein in my appetite this week. I have been slowly falling down my slippery slope. There are many reasons (....excuses....) for my bad choices: my husband got hurt at work, then got sick, school is getting tough, etc. It boils down to me not planning ahead.
I took some motivational pictures today, to help motivate me to control my eating habits. I'm so close to my goal, and I'm hoping my pics will something to push me towards it.
(Kind of looks like I'm holding my boob here....the camera is a little camouflage.....)
SO CLOSE to feeling comfortable in a two piece. I just need my stomach to flatten out a little more.....and it's not going to happen on it's own! Hopefully, in a month or two, I will have some after pictures with me in a two piece...on a beautiful beach :)
My workouts have not fallen victim to my laziness. I've been exceeding my minutes and burned calorie goals every week. All of the exercise has left me more hungry than usual, and it's been a challenge.
No more excuses! I will be ready for summer!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
I just got back from my soccer game, where I scored my first goal!! I'm so happy! It's really the pinnacle of all my hard work. I push myself at the gym all week, just so I can keep up with all of the girls on my team. But now I do more than just keep up, now I help win games :) We're undefeated 4 games into the season, and that's with a team that's two people short. Go blue!!!
In other news, I've decided to go back to the nutrition tracker tomorrow. I haven't been nearly out of control, but I know bad habits are slowly sneaking back in. When I'm not tracking, I don't plan ahead nearly as much, and it leads me to bad choices. To be completely honest, all I want to do is wear a bikini this summer. I've never been in shape enough to wear one, and this is by the far the closest I've ever come. Tracking will help me reach that goal in time for summer weather.
I know there will be a time where I don't need my tracker anymore, but I'm not there yet. I will rock a beach bod for the first time ever this summer!!! Please hold me to that!
Monday, May 16, 2011
I'm ready for a change. My sparklife has been going very well since February. I've been tracking every single day since then, except when I go out of town. I've also been loyally tracking all of my fitness minutes, spinning my wheel, doing quizzes and trivia, and posting on blogs and message boards.
I only have about 15-20 more pounds to loose, and I'm ok with my weight loss slowing down. When I restarted my spark in Feb, I was at close to 200lbs. Now I'm at 175, and I feel like I could stay at this weight forever, as long as my tummy flattens out :) I'm between a size 10 and 12, and I would be perfectly happy to remain there.
So, I've decided to stop tracking what I eat this week and see how it goes. I know every bit of nutrition information for everything I eat anyway, so I should be able to track in my head as I go along. I want to focus on listening to my body more, instead of what my tracker tells me to do. I've always known that I don't want to track forever, and I think now would be a good time to let it go for a bit.
Here are things I WON"T be doing:
1. Using my not tracking as an excuse to go crazy with food. I'm not changing my eating habits one bit.
2. Relaxing my exercise schedule. I want to wear a bikini this summer.....and my stomach still needs some convincing.
3. Gaining weight. If this experiment goes south, I will start tracking again. I don't want to track forever, but I will if that's what it takes.
I will update you all on my progress next week!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
I only have a minute before my next class, but I just wanted to share a success with everyone really quickly!
1. I just got back from the gym, where I ran a track mile in 9:30! Crazy. No side aches or cramps either. I 've been experimenting with doing strength training before cardio, and I think it's better for me. I'm able to run harder and longer when my lower body is nice and warmed up. Plus I'm not thinking about having to save any of my energy for weights afterward. I highly recommend trying it!
2. I went to goodwill and found an awesome dark denim pencil skirt for 3 bucks.....and it's a size 10! Yes, I have to button it at my natural waist, and it could definitely be a little looser (and it will get looser) but it still looks super hot! I'm wearing out to new bar with a girlfriend tomorrow night :)
3. My soccer ability is vastly improving. All of my teammates were impressed this week. I made lots of great stops, and some really good passes. Still no goals yet, but that's because I'm usually a defender. I'm going to try to play offense more next week, and I have a good feeling that there will be a goal in my near future.
Also, I made rainbow chip cake for mothers day, and ate a ton of it. That was pretty awesome too!
Have a great week everyone!
Get An Email Alert Each Time LEAHLEGS Posts