Tuesday, August 16, 2011
I am getting ready, at present at least mentally, to start a new semester, and that always gives me a chance to look at my life and tweak it more in the right direction.
Here are a few steps I will take to make it better:
1. I will park as far away as I can.
2. I will never take the elevator (which is very old and slow anyway, and I am faster when I walk; my office is on the 4th floor)
3. I will not sit down during class but walk around the hall, as an added benefit it keeps the students on their toes.
4. Pack my lunch, every day.
5. I will deliver messages on campus in person and not call.
6. Remember the water bottle.
7. Go to the gym every day straight after work, and remember it is better to spend an hour in the gym than an hour tossing and turning waiting for sleep at night.
8. Get 8 hours of sleep.
9. Look at cookies and other sugar traps as poison.
10. I will not buy junk food. (No potato chips at the supermarket, not even on Saturday when I think I "deserve it.")