Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Yes... today, 10 a.m., and I used to be a chronic early riser. The good thing is I feel nice and rested today.
Husband and I are working, which means a discombobulated day. I do chores when I'm not typing, but my schedule is whenever he needs me. So much better than working in an office. I can actually do other things while I'm working. The bad thing is that it's really easy to procrastinate on exercising. My goal is 1000 minutes this month and I better get crackin'.
Daffodils are starting to bloom here. Time to get outside!!!
1) Did I cook yesterday? Quick meal of whole wheat pasta, store bought marinara sauce and freshly shaved romano cheese. Really delicious, and my husband scarfed it up. We don't take the time to eat well when we're working, usually, so this was A Good Thing.
2) Exercise at least 10 minutes a day 15 minutes of strength training. I can definitely tell I'm getting stronger.
3) Nothing to eat after 8 p.m. handful of pecans before bed time. Stomach was rumbling, and my pet phrase "it's okay to be hungry" didn't even enter my mind.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Followup on jellies and jam as sweetener for hot cereal..... yummy! Especially my daughter's pumpkin butter I ate today. I'm limiting myself two 2 tsp., so it's not quite as sweet tasting as my maple syrup, but it's really good.
1) Did I cook yesterday? Yes - Chicken fingers, browned with olive oil, on noodles with herbes de provence and parsley. Really tasty. No vegetables on hand, so ate fresh grapefruit after a while. This time of year the red varieties of grapefruit are so delicious, I have one or two a day.
2) Exercise at least 10 minutes a day 30 minutes with Leslie
3) Nothing to eat after 8 p.m.
Thursday, February 07, 2013
Cleaned out the refrigerator yesterday, something I do too infrequently. Found 4 jars of mayonnaise (that's my husband for ya!), and 9 jars of various kinds of jelly. The majority of these were gifts over the holidays.
My usual way of eating jellies and jams is on toast with butter. The bread is always whole grain, but it's still a hefty calorie use, and always with butter. This morning, because gifts are something I find hard to just immediately throw away... I decided to use them as sweetener in my hot cereal. So... peach jam in whole wheat cereal, instead of the usual maple syrup. Tasted delicious, added a little bit of fruit flavor, and was 43 calories instead of 50. Not bad.
Daily goals, yesterday:
1) Did I cook yesterday? Yes and no.... had cold canned salmon in fridge, cooked broccoli drizzled with olive oil to go with it. Not what I consider a full meal, but highly nutritious.
2) Exercise at least 10 minutes a day 15 minutes strength exercises
3) Nothing to eat after 8 p.m. Had salted nuts right before bed time, something I always regret the next morning when I wake up fuzzy mouthed and really thirsty.
And here's something for us all to think about: The last photos of my mom, who died almost exactly one year ago, are precious to me, though she tried to avoid them ("because I look terrible"). We are what we are, and our family loves us right now.
Get An Email Alert Each Time LADYBUG1943 Posts