Friday, November 06, 2009
" If there were ever a time to dare,
to make a difference,
to embark on something worth doing,
it is now.
Not for any grand cause, necessarily-
but for something that tugs at your heart,
something that's your aspiration,
something that's your dream.
You owe it to yourself
to make your days here count.
Know, though, that things worth doing
seldom come easy.
There will be good days.
There will be times when you want to turn around,
pack it up,
and call it quits.
those times tell you
that you are pushing yourself,
that you are not afraid to learn by trying.
Because with an idea,
and the right tools,
you can do great things.
Let your instincts,
and your heart
Believe in the incredible power of the human mind.
Of doing something that makes a difference.
Of working hard.
Of laughing and hoping.
Of lazy afternoons.
Of lasting friends.
Of all the things that will cross your path this year.
The start of something new
brings the hope of something great.
Anything is possible.
There is only one you.
And you will pass this way only once.
Do it right."
--- Macintosh ad from 1991
--- Sent in by Erin Schiebel --- Iowa
Brought to you by
Friday, October 23, 2009
The Road to Success is Always Under Construction
Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else get your way.
Life is not no much a matter of position as of disposition.
The best vitamin for making friends, B-1.
If you don't care where you're going any road will get you there.
A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice.
He who throws mud loses ground.
Nobody raises his own reputation by lowering others.
Nothing ruins the truth like stretching it.
A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
Ideas won't work unless you do.
The future is purchased by the present.
One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.
Lost time is never found again.
A hard thing about business is minding your own.
Triumph is just "umph" added to try.
Caution is not cowardly, Carelessness is not courage.
He who forgives ends the quarrel.
Children need more models than critics.
Frogs have it easy, They can eat what bugs them.
The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime.
If the going gets easy you may be going downhill.
Dieters - People that are thick and tired of it.
Jumping to conclusions can be bad exercise.
The best labor saving device is doing it tomorrow.
A turtle makes progress when it sticks its neck out.
Failure is the path of least persistence.
Hard work is the yeast that raises the dough.
Patience is counting down without blasting off.
Have a backbone not a wishbone.
Some folks won't look up until they are flat on their backs.
If you want your dreams to come true, don't oversleep.
Friend - One who knows all about you and likes you just the same.
Money talks and often just says, "Good-bye".
Birds have bills too and they keep on singing.
Forbidden fruit is responsible for many a bad jam.
God's retirement plan is out of this world.
A good example is the best sermon.
The Ten Commandments are not multiple choice.
Well done! is better than, Well said!
Minds are like parachutes - they function only when open.
Live as you wish your kids would.
Swallowing your pride seldom leads to indigestion.
If you can laugh at it then you can live with it.
People don't fail, they give up.
When looking for faults use a mirror, not a telescope.
Smile, it takes only 13 muscles; A frown takes 64.
Kindness, a language deaf people can hear and blind can see.
Heaviest thing to carry - a grudge. A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
A small leak can sink a great ship.
You can't direct the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
We lie loudest when we lie to ourselves.
Tact is the ability to see others as they wish to be seen.
A bad conscience has a very good memory.
Hug your kids at home - Belt them in the car. One thing you can give and still keep - is your word.
A friend walks in when everyone else walks out.
If you must cry over spilled milk then please try to condense it.
Behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their image.
Make friends before you need them.
It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.
The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention.
more attitude than aptitude.
Our favorite attitude should be gratitude.
The greatest of all faults is to imagine you have none.
Too many of us speak twice before we think.
Some people develop eye strain looking for trouble.
Everyone has 20/20 hindsight.
The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.
Feed your faith and doubt will starve to death.
It is no crime not to be perfect.
If others have sinned you need not mention it.
No man knows less than the man who knows it all.
Patience carries a lot of wait.
One who lacks courage to start has already finished.
A quitter never wins, A winner never quits.
Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
Break a bad habit - Drop it.
Don't learn safety rules simply by accident.
Failing to prepare We prepare to fail.
Past failures are guideposts for future success.
There is no right way to do a wrong thing.
There can be no rainbow without a cloud and a storm.
If your dreams turn to dust
Money is a good servant but is a cruel master.
Seek joy in what you give not in what you get.
Procrastination is the thief of time.
Success comes in cans Failure comes in can'ts.
Anger is one letter short of danger Greatest remedy for anger is delay.
2/3 of promotion is motion.
Having a sharp tongue can cut your own throat.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.
Saturday, October 03, 2009
The 24 Interludes of Life
1. Don't go for looks, it can deceive; Don't go for
wealth - even that fades away. Go for someone who
makes you smile because only a smile makes a dark day
seem bright. Hope you find that person.
2. There are moments in life when you really miss
someone so much that you want to pick them from your
dreams and hug them for real! Hope you dream of that someone.
3. Dream what you want to dream; Go where you want to
go; Be what you want to be; because you have only
one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.
4. May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow
to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy,
and enough money to buy gifts!!
5. When one door of happiness closes, another opens
but often we look so long at the closed door that
we don't see the one which has been opened for us.
6. The best kind of friend is the one you could
sit with on a porch swing, never saying a word,
and then walk away feeling like that was the best
conversation you've ever had.
7. It's true that we don't know what we've got until
we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know
what we've been missing until it arrives.
8. Always put yourself in another's shoes. if you feel
that it hurts you, it probably does hurt that person, too.
9. A careless word may kindle strife; A cruel word
may wreck a life; A timely word may level stress;
A loving word may heal and bless.
10. The beginning of love is to let those we love be
perfectly themselves, and not twist them with our
own image - otherwise, we love only the reflection
of ourselves we find in them.
11. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
best of everything; they just make the most of everything
that comes their way.
12. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people
before meeting the right one so that when we finally
do meet the right person, we should know how to
be grateful for that gift.
13. It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an
hour to like someone and a day to love someone -
but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
14. Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt,
those who have searched and those who have tried.
For only they can appreciate the importance
of people who have touched their lives.
15. Love is when you take away the feeling, the
passion, the romance and you find out you still
care for that person.
16. A sad thing about life is that sometimes you meet
someone who means a lot to you only to find out
in the end that it was never bound to be and
you just have to let go.
17. Love starts with a smile, develops with a kiss
and ends with a tear.
18. Love comes to those who still hope even though
they've been disappointed; to those who still believe
even though they've been betrayed; to those
who still need love even though they've been hurt before.
19. It hurts to love someone and not be loved in
return, but what is the most painful is to love
someone and never finding the courage to let the
person know how you feel.
20. The brightest future will always be based on a
forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you
let go of your past failures and heartaches.
21. Never say goodbye when you still want to try -
never give up when you still feel you can take it -
never say you don't love that person anymore when
you can't let go.
22. Giving someone all your love is never an assurance
that they'll love you back! Don't expect love
in return, just wait for it to grow in their hearts;
but if it doesn't, be content that it grew in yours.
23. There are things you love to hear but you would
never hear it from the person whom you would like
to hear it from, but don't be deaf to hear it from the
person who says it with his heart.
24. When you were born, you were crying and everyone
around you was smiling - live your life so that
when you die, you're smiling and everyone around
you is crying.
i will be on a sparkbreak starting Tuesday the 6th
we leave for Hawaii to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and later also visiting with our daughter ...
will be on line a bit here and there...................will be back on or about the 18th of October wishing you all the best till then............blessings and hugs.......................lita
Saturday, September 26, 2009
ACTS OF KINDNESS
"I expect to pass through life but once.
If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing
I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or
neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. " ~ William Penn
You Can Make Your Own Life Better by Doing One or Two of
These Simple Acts of Kindness Every Week:
1. Write a note of appreciation to your mail and newspaper carriers.
2. Compliment a stranger, with sincerity and a smile.
3. If you know someone in financial difficulty, anonymously mail them $5, $10 or $20.
4. Look for anything that can be put away, fixed or picked up.
...(put shopping carts away, pick up some trash, fix something that's fallen over ...etc.)
5. Give a lottery ticket to a stranger.
6. Volunteer your time at a charitable organization.
7. Write a note to management about an individual who has treated you nicely while doing their job.
...(a waiter or waitress, grocery clerk, sales person, mechanic ...etc)
8. Buy something for a stranger from their Amazon.com Wishlist.
9. Cut an article out of the newspaper that would interest a friend and mail it to them.
10. Leave 'Have a Nice Day' stickers for a receptionist or front desk.
11. Clean up gravestones at a local cemetery.
12. When you go out to dinner, order a dessert to go and give it to a neighbor.
13. Send a card to someone in the military overseas.
14. Start a conversation with a co-worker that you don't know.
15. Tutor a child in your neighborhood.
16. Put change in the slots of a row of vending machines.
17. Visit a nursing home and spend time with a person who doesn't get visitors.
18. Put an item you no longer need on Craig's List Free Spot for your community.
19. Leave something for someone at an area where it might be most used.
....(a book in reading area, an umbrella near door on rainy day, a few magazines at an airport ...etc.)
20. Pay for the toll charge of the car behind you.
21. Drop off a toy or game at a hospital or a homeless shelter.
22. Get some groceries for a financially-struggling family.
23. Mow someone's lawn, rake their leaves or shovel their snow.
24. Get a picture you have taken of a friend and send it to them with a note recalling when it was taken.
25. Offer to baby sit for free.
26. Offer to change the oil, filter or the like for a "non car" person....
27. Take flowers to a hospital ward and give them to someone who hasn't had visitors lately.
28. Volunteer to read to children at the library.
29. When you fill up a click card for free coffee, free gift, or whatever, give the card to a stranger.
30. Make a CD of your favorite songs and give it to a friend.
31. Donate whatever it is that you do as a gift for another person 1 hour, 1 product, 1 class or seminar ...etc.
32. Invite an individual who is alone over to your place for dinner.
33. Share a comic strip or something funny with someone else.
34. Leave a cheery or nice treat, like candy or a flower, on your co-workers' desks.
35. Write a note, send an e-greeting 'just to say hello' to a person who might need a pick-me-up.
36. Visit hospitals with lots of smiles and friendly conversation for all of the patients.
37. At the post office leave a few extra stamps next to the stamp machine.
38. Put a quarter in a parking meter that has expired for the car that's parked there.
39. Write a thank-you note to a person from your past who has made a difference in your life.
40. Drop off a plant, flowers or baked goods at a public service organization.
41. Send out animated greeting cards on the Internet at Thanksgiving or other holiday.
42. Buy coffee or tea or soda for the individual who's behind you in line.
43. Drop off a teddy bear to a police department to give to traumatized children.
44. Take some cake, chocolates, flowers etc. to a neighbor or a senior citizen nearby.
45. Copy a favorite recipe and give it to someone who loves to cook.
46. Buy a copy of your favorite book and donate it to your local library or hospital.
47. Write letters of appreciation to hospital employees and other groups who are helping the community.
48. Send a card with a photo of yourself to a friend or relative you haven't seen for some time.
49. Buy a phone card and give to a homeless shelter for them to give out.
50. Anonymously send someone you know an item you think they would enjoy.
....(a scratch card, theater ticket, gift voucher, a funny card, movie tickets, book ...etc.)
51. Put change in a charity change bottle.
52. Let the person who is behind you in line at the store go ahead of you.
53. Donate clothes and household items to Goodwill or other organizations.
54. Make a point of introducing yourself to someone you see often, but never say 'Hi" to.
55. Pay for the meal of a man or woman sitting by themselves when you are eating out.
56. Tape some change to a pay phone with a card saying that it's for whomever needs it.
57. Write anonymous, encouraging post-its for strangers to find.
58. Help a neighbor or family member weed or plant a garden.
59. Cook a family dish for a busy mom/dad so that she/he can take a break for a night.
60. When you go out, ask the people around you if you can pick up, drop off or do something for THEM at the same time.
Excerpted from: www.daretobeanangel.com
have been to the dr as it turns out my dr is away so was unable to get my bone scan results so will find that out after we get back...............my blood work show i am responding to the cytomel so the dose has now been reduced and will have repeat blood work next month and see what happens then..............my days of extreme fatique seem to be less and less..........and i am feeling a bit stronger too...... thanks so much for being there for me as i continue to plod along..................
blessings and hugs....................lita
Get An Email Alert Each Time L*I*T*A* Posts