Friday, March 02, 2012
At the beginning of February, my sisters and I took a fitness test. We were looking for a non-scale measurement of improvement. One of my sisters found this at BodyRockTV. We did it February 1.
Here's how I did then:
Squat Jump - 17
Pushups - 15 (modified)
Burpees - 7
High Knees - 41
Switch Lunges - 18 (regular)
Tuck Jumps - 8
Straight Abs - 16
Then over February we each chose our own workouts to complete. I did strength 3 days a week, cardio 6 days (3 days lighter and 3 days C25K). I also worked on 10 burpees and 10 crunches each day.
After my scale increase this week, I just haven't felt good. I've been fueling my body poorly this week. Even on the days when I stayed within my ranges, I was eating junk instead of good food. Because of that I feel bloated and don't feel like I look slim.
Then yesterday I did the March fit test, not expecting much. BOY WAS I SURPRISED!!
Squat Jump - 30 (+13)
Pushups - 22 (+7) (modified)
Burpees - 10 (+3)
High Knees - 82 (+41)
Switch Lunges - 20 (+2) (regular)
Tuck Jumps - 14 (+6)
Straight Abs - 25 (+9)
TOTAL: 203 (+81)
Sunday I'm doing my weigh in and measurements for the month so I'll be able to tell you guys about that then. In the meantime I'm very proud of how much I improved when I didn't think much had changed!
1. Stay in my calorie ranges 80% of the time (25 days).
2. Follow Self's "Doable Diet" from one of my older Self magazines (moderation including one snack and one treat/day).
3. Continue cooking dried beans instead of canned beans. Add in making my own frozen meatballs instead of using prepackaged.
4. Get 80 oz of water/day.
1. 3 days of Self's Boot Camp Buffers (8 exercises completed in Tabata like intervals)/ week
2. 6 days of cardio/week (3 shorter ones from Self's Cardio & 3 C25K)
3. Finish up C25K working in week 7-9 on increasing my speed
4. Complete Tower Run - March 3
5. Complete Irish Jog - March 16
On a personal note, Arianna started daycare today so that I could get my work time in. Here she is all ready for school.