Tuesday, May 17, 2011
I've secured a spot at the Party in Purple II Zumbathon this Sunday. It's outdoors on the ROOFTOP of Lombardi Sports in San Francisco - 90 Minutes of Heart-Pumping FUN in the SUN!! It benefits Women affected by Domestic Violence. There will be at least eight instructors.
I heard about this event at Zumba class last night. It took me a little over 12 hours before I bought the ticket.
My mind was flooded with questions when I heard about the event:
1) Can I do this - 90 minutes?
2) Are all fitness levels welcome?
3) I don't know all the steps and I get mixed up sometimes, will this be a problem?
4) Can I find the place?
5) Can I get there via BART and by foot?
6) Do I want to go alone?
7) How many people will be attending?
My answers to those questions:
1) Ya, you can!
2) You might be fluffy but you're conditioned.
3) Do you really care if you get mixed up - SERIOUSLY?! You're there to have fun, live life out loud, workout and support a great cause.
4) Of course you can find the place. Take a map and ask questions!
5) Yes BART will get you part of the way and then you can walk those SF hills the rest of the way. What a great warm up and cool down.
6) Truth is, I don't want to go alone but the Mr is working and no one else is willing to go on this adventure with me. Better question is: Do you want to miss out? NO, so put on your big girl workout pants and get moving. You'll be fine.
7) The roof top holds close to 300 people. Do you really care how many people will show up? Put on your best smiley face and take this opportunity to possibly make some new workout friends and maybe next time you won't have to attend alone.
Dance until you feel free and embrace the sunshine. I'm gonna dance on the rooftop and I'm gonna laugh. I WILL LIVE OUT LOUD!!
Fear isn't an excuse to come to a standstill. It's the impetus to step up and strike. ~ Nisandeh Neta