Thursday, May 06, 2010
As I stated in an earlier blog, I have come to realization that my dream of spending my 40th birthday in Australia is not going to happen. I've processed it and I've let it go. I'm on to more important tasks now, trying to figure out what to do for this special time in my life.
In my fit of anger, I originally announced to my husband that it was either Australia or nothing. He sat quietly and then asked, "you mean you want to do nothing for your birthday?"
"YES, that is correct Sir, Nothing!" How's that for self punishment and pity?! I told him I would work on my birthday - not that uncommon for me - and come home to cook dinner, etc. He responded with silence, which is a good option when I'm all "twisted in the head."
My fit is officially over and I'm no longer twisted in the head about this issue. I have to keep in mind the following when planning for the day. . .
1) For many reasons, pennies are tight around our house - this celebration changes nothing
2) My husband, unemployed now, might have a job where he can't actually get the day and/or days off to celebrate
3) Who to invite - some of my peeps don't play well together
My list of possibles has grown since I last posted about this. Here is the list - in random order.
1) White Water Rafting (Class III action) with overnight camping
2) Spending a few days at Folsom Lake where we can swim, hike, bike ride and rent jet ski's
3) Hiking at Yosemite National Park & staying over (this might be difficult - things book up)
4) Cruise to Mexico (might be too much $$ and hard to plan around possible job offers)
I haven't come up with anything else, yet. It's fun to explore possible ideas!