Friday, June 08, 2012
So…what have you done today?
Everyone knows that things go better when you have a plan. You eat the right things, you get your exercise in, and you feel that rush of accomplishment.
What happens if you fail to plan? Does that mean the whole day is a failure and everything gets thrown out the window? It happens…be honest.
It doesn’t have to be that way. When you find yourself with a lack of plan there are some steps you can take to put yourself on track.
1. Make a mental plan. Chart a plan in your head to keep you on track. If I’m headed for fast food, I envision where the closest sub shop is to keep me on target, if there isn’t a viable option….what is on the menu that I can make work for me today?
2. Order the smallest portions on the menu. No need to super size.
3. Find exercise where you can get it. Sometimes I know I won’t get any exercise in. So to improvise I park as far away from my destination as I can. The other day, DH wanted to go wash his truck. I asked him to drop me off at Hobby Lobby. I used that time to make laps around the store to get some walking in. I wasn’t shopping but it is fun to have interesting things to look at.
4. Choose water when you can. Pop/soda is tempting but you don’t need it. You can be just as refreshed with water and a slice of lemon/lime.
5. At work, practice the 30/5 rule. If you sit at a desk all day, get up after 30 minutes and walk around for 5 min. It adds up and actually refreshes your mind and body for better concentration.
These are just a few of the things I do to make up for my lack of planning…what are your tips? Please share!
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
Funny thing happened after I posted the last blog. I was listening to the radio on my way home from work. Dr. Laura was on and I get a kick out of her. She can be so abrasive sometimes that as a people person, it just causes me to cringe.
A lady was talking to her about the exact issue I was talking about earlier. And Dr. Laura in her no nonsense, no sugar coating it way, told the lady that she was making a choice. (paraphrasing somewhat)“You don’t WANT to be healthy, you don’t WANT fix this, you WANT to die young. I don’t get up early to work out because I enjoy it. I am happy and proud of myself when I’m done. At least I know I’m healthy and if I do die young, it won’t be because of something I did or didn’t do. You just don’t want to….”
Wow! You know what…..I think she’s right. No matter how I want to, as MSLZZY says “Make sure your reasons aren’t excuses”, find another reason for fighting myself. I’m responsible for that……shame on me.
Friday, April 06, 2012
I heard this song by Jewel this morning and it sounded like something I would want as a mantra! Thought I would share. I think a lot of us could use this:
I'm going to love myself
More than anyone else
Believe in me even if someone cannot see
There's a stronger woman in me
I'm going to be my own best friend
Stay with me till the end
Won't lose myself again, never, no
'Cause there's a stronger woman
A stronger woman
There's a stronger woman,
A stronger woman in me,
Get An Email Alert Each Time KO1215 Posts