Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Once you've read this, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. I want to get to know you better.
1. I married a wonderful man who is eleven years older than me. Recently I found out that my maternal grandparents are eleven years apart. Interesting.
2. My son in law, is a year older than me and I never let him forget it!
3. I want to connect with old friends but am self conscious about my weight and it holds me back.
4. When I was growing up my parents and friends thought is was great fun to give me rocks for Christmas, Halloween, etc. I thought it was annoying but I kept several of them over the years. How funny that I now work for a rock company and many of those rocks have a proud place on my desk at work!
5. I am a huge gamer. Many people think I missed my calling, sometimes I do too. But I enjoy what I do....HR. Would it be sick to admit I REALLY like dealing with the people problems?
6. My sister, Kathy and I hated each other growing up. We had a running bit that we could beat each other up. We never acted on it but we talked BIG. Now we are so close, it's a little hard to believe.
7. I am expecting another grandson in July....Noah Lee. I'm excited.
8. I am far from athletic. I still remember a friend carrying me off a Volleyball court at a choir retreat in college. He thought he was so funny!
9. I love to go camping. Will and I enjoy walking at Lake Herman and we do it often.
10. I am a grandma to 5 great kids. Cody, Brianna, Ethan, Danica, and Aubrey. I love them all. They are such a kick! They can talk grandma into anything and I wouldn't have it any other way.
11. I love to sing. I used to dream about having my own band. Now I just settle for singing for churches.
12. Someday I want to go to Niagara Falls. I saw the Grand Canyon a couple of years ago and I want to see all the US has to offer.
13. My brother Lee is in Iraq and I am not happy about it. Nobody asked for my permission.
14. I love to read. I am big into Kathy Reichs. Awesome writer.
15. I have two nieces and one nephew, who are going to medical school. I'm set! Now I need a dentist!
16. I have a sister in law that calls me a bitch, and it really is a term of endearment. I love her to death.
17. My dad shot himself about 5 years ago. It was the most horrible experience I have ever been through in my life. He survived but he will never be the same. There is nothing in this world bad enough to do that. That is why they make "happy pills."
18. Will and I met in January and married in June of 1989. We are a perfect compliment.
19. I still have my 5 foot bugs bunny that people used to steal and dress in college. He hasn't had a wrestling uniform on since then. I still have nightmares thinking about it.
20. I had a car accident with my Volkswagen back in 1987-88? I went through a fence but didn't hurt the fence. I had to flag down help so I could find my way out of the pasture. The cows were watching every move I made. My friend Mike had to listen to my folks complain about the incident. I had a few interesting situations in that bug. I wish I had it now! It used to cost me $5 in gas every two weeks.
21. I am absolutely fascinated by my IPod touch.
22. I love African Violets.
23. I want at least 3 more grand children.
24. I want to get remarried in our church.
25. I want to lose this weight yesterday.....yep the last one was a little over the top!!!
Remember......I want to see your list!!!