This week has brought me to an all time low. I can now fit in to a size 4 pair of pants. I can also fit into a small shirt. Happy dance on that one. I never thought I would see that number. I have also never been at this low of a weight. I have been at 134.2 for about 2 weeks now. The weight isn't coming off as easily as it once did . I would like to lose about 9 more pounds, but if I don't, I'm not going to get upset. I might have to rethink my eating and possibly change up the exercise routine. Thank you to everyone for your continued support and friendship. I couldn't have been successful without you.
Last year my hubby was given a pedometer as a Christmas gift from a co-worker. This was when he was actually interested in being healthy. This has all recently changed. Oh well, that is his decision and it is not going to stop me from being healthy. I was cleaning the other day and I found it. So, I asked him if I could have it and then I took it and set it up. Well actually, I set it up before he even said I could have it. I think I chose a bad weekend to start tracking. The first day I had it I started tracking around noon and I had to work at our festival where I stood in one place for the whole time. The second time I walked around since I was the Russian princess of the day. I had more steps but no where near where I wanted to be. Today I was at another Church festival and didn't get to do all that much. I am hoping that when I get back to my regular schedule tomorrow that my numbers will be awesome.
I celebrated my 1 year Sparkiversary yesterday. So much has happened during this year. Here is what I have learned while I have been here.
1. I learned that I had been over eating. I ate the wrong foods and a lot of them.
2. I had to relearn how to eat in a healthy manner. I had the knowledge but I needed to put it to use.
3. The only way to have safe weight loss is through exercise and eating right. Don't tell my doctor that I admitted this as he will get a big head over it.
4. I need to measure my food as my idea of what a serving size is isn't always accurate.
5. Fruits and veggies are not the enemies.
6. Exercise is actually quite nice. I try to do something daily. I have also learned that I love the elliptical and aqua jogging. I'm even running now.
7. I did not put the weight on over night and should not expect it to come off that way. It took me over 17 years to get to my highest weight. I know I will have fluctuations and I am learning to not let it ruin my day if I have a higher day.
8. I need the daily interaction of Spark. I look forward to posting on the boards and reading the blogs.
9. I look forward to participating in the challenges.
10. I learned that not everyone will be happy with my decision to become healthy. Some people are jealous over my weight loss and some just don't understand. Well, that is ok because I am doing it for me.
I went from 211 pounds to 134
Waist 39.5 to 27.5 inches
Hips 47 to 34.5 inches
Thigh 24 to 15 inches
Arm 12 to 8.5 inches
Waist to hip ratio .85 to .79
I lost a total of 77 pounds and 37 inches
I went from a size 18 to a size 5.
I am thrilled that I have the tools to continue on my healthy journey. Thanks to everyone who has joined me on this journey. I thank all of you for your love and support. Here is to another great and healthy year.
Today I was all excited because I was able to explore different trails at the new Metropark. I did the usual route first and then I went to the new park. I took a path that led me through a river. Yes, through the river. So, I went through the river. Then I had to turn around because the path ended. Thanks! A notice would have been nice. Back through the river I go. Then, I decided to go along the marked trail. I thought I would take it around the park and then pick up the trail that ends at the Nature Center. Well, that would have worked out well except I took a wrong turn when I reached one of the paths. I continue this path and ended up going through the woods and through tons of mud. I am not a seasoned off roader yet so it was a work out for me. I finally make it back to the regular path. When I reach the section where I had made my wrong turn, I noticed that if I had made the correct turn I would have only been a quarter of a mile away from where I wanted to be. You live you learn I guess. I'll know better when I go on Monday.
I took pictures to add to my blog but they ended up turning sideways. I'll try to take pictures on Monday and then post them. I get to see all of the pretty rivers and trees and just enjoyed having time to myself. The bad part of the trip is that I have to ride on a pretty major road to get to the other park that I needed to ride through. There isn't a park connector. I made it in one piece and avoided being run over. I think I rode about 20 miles today. I feel great. I might not have seen a decrease in weight this week but I did not gain. I have also cut way back on the exercise and I feel much better about it. I am enjoying being out in nature- even if that does include going through mud.
Today I took a bike ride in the Lorain County Metropark system. I rode my bike to Day's Dam to Bur Oak, and then to High Meadows. I then decided to try the French Creek Metropark. It was really nice. It isn't paved for the bulk of the ride. So I took my mountain bike off the pavement and on to gravel. I find it funny that I have a mountain bike as there isn't a single mountain in Ohio. I have plans to go back tomorrow. There were more trails to bike and hike on. I only did two of them. Tomorrow I am going to try to do three trails. It was so nice going through the woods. I was able to spot a couple of deer even. Then I went back to my usual path behind the steel mill. It isn't the prettiest path but it is paved. I hope everyone has a great rest of the day.