Monday, July 04, 2011
Taken from "Days of Praise"
"When the boughs thereof are withered, they shall be broken off: the women come, and set them on fire: for it is a people of no understanding: therefore he that made them will not have mercy on them, and he that formed them will shew them no favor." Isaiah 27:11
Like a mighty tree towering over the forest, God raises up a mighty nation from time to time, with a great leader, to accomplish some purpose in the divine plan. He "hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation" (Acts 17:16)
But when that nation and its leaders become proud, and its people become lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God, it becomes like a tree whose branches wither and whose core becomes riddled with insect-caused decay. Finally, the boughs brea, the kingdom will fall, and down will come that nation, its leaders and all!
That happened even to God's chose nation, Israel, though only for a time in her case, since God's promises cannot fail. One after another, the mighty nations that God used to chastise His wayword people - Egypt, Assyria, Babylonia, Rome, etc. - have in turn been judged for their own rebellion against the God who "made them" and "formed them". God has warned that "the wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God" (Psalm 9:17)
Is that about to happen to our beloved USA as well? The signs of self-seeking power and pride amoung our leaders and moral decay and spiritual rebellion among our people are widespread and growing worse. Our prayer should be that of the ancient prophet, "O Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2). "Wilt thou not revive us again: That thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)
Something to consider and ponder as we celebrate our Nation's birthday today.
May God Bless America!
Monday, May 30, 2011
"Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people." Proverbs 14:34
After what I owe to God, nothing should be more dear or more sacred to me than the love and respect I owe to my country. - Jacques Auguste de Thou
Each time we join together in singing the vividly descriptive lines of "America the Beautiful," we are moved emotionally as we contemplate the wonders of our great nation. The scenic beauties, the courage of the early settlers, and the sacrifices of the heroes in battle all stir us to avid appreciation of our country's heritage. But this national hymn does more than inspire us to praise our great nation. It also encourages us to pray for it. Each stanza is completed with an earnes plea for God's grace, God's healing and His refining until we as a people achieve true broherhood, law-abiding control, and nobility.
The author, Katharine Lee Bates 1859 - 1929, felt deeply about the message of her patriotic hymn:
We must match the greatness of our country with the goodness of personal godly living. If only we could couple the daring of the Pilgrims with the moral teachings of Moses, we would have something in the country that no one could ever take from us.
As we consider this hymn, we are reminded that America owes its birth to the living, vital and dynamic faith in God that our founding fathers demonstrated. There is a real need today for a return to such a national dependence upon God as well as a renewed pride in our wonderful land.
Katherine Bates, who was a teacher and head of the English department at Wellesley College in Massachusetts, wrote the original lines of this text in 1893, while teaching summer school in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where the Rocky Mountains and Pike's Peak had especially impressed her.
O beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain, for purple mountain majesties above the fruited plain! America, America! God shed His grace on thee, and crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea.
O beautiful for pilgrim feet, whose stern, impassioned stress a thoroughfare for freedom beat across the wilderness! America! America! God mend thine ev'ry flaw, confirm thy soul in self-control, thy liberty in law.
O beautiful for heroes proved in liberation strife, who more than self their country loved and mercy more than life! America! America! May God thy gold refine, till all success be nobleness, and ev'ry gain divine.
O beautiful for patriot dream that sees, beyond the years, thine alabaster cities gleam - undimmed by human tears! America! America! God shed His grace on thee, and crown thy good with brotherhood from see to shining see.
Give thanks to God for the noble heritage and the many beauties of our great country He has entrusted to us. Raise your voice in praise to God and country!
---Taken from Amazing Grace by Kenneth W. Osbeck
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
I WILL LOOK AT IT DIFFERENTLY NOW.
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5 Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6.. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don't have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don't have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber with react with the boiling water and be released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown the reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don't have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a 'green' way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won't leave streaks and won't harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!!
Pass this along to everybody you know who is looking for better and safer ways to solve life's everyday problems...
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Ok, I have been feeling lousy since Mother's day fighting a nasty cold. Each day it has gotten of bit worse and I just wasn't turning any corners. Yesterday morning, my eye was matted shut and was leaking goopy stuff all morning. I'm thinking I've got a viral pink eye from my cold so I begin to attack it with OTC eye drops. My throat was still so sore, I could barely swallow. And my nose? Let's just say it was winning the race! Yesterday afternoon, I had one sharp pain in my ear and within the hour, I could no longer clear it. I was breaking down fast!!! I called and the doc was able to see me right away. Guess What?? I have a sinus infection probably caused by the root canal I had last week! So now I'm on Meds to kills the bacteria and get this thing under control! What a first week it has been for me in the 5% challenge! Not at all what I had planned!! Go Daisies!!! I'll be back in full force soon . . . I hope!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
If I could track the "running" of my nose today, I'd be off the charts on fitness points! I think I should buy stock in Kimberly-Clark! Maybe tomorrow my legs can give my nose some competition! And this too shall pass! Keep on sparkin' friends!
Get An Email Alert Each Time KMICHA Posts