* Tracked 2 days out of 3
* Calorie burned deficit for those 2 days? -742 on Monday, -347 Tuesday
* Moving more during my day - remembering to get up from my desk more often but have a way to go here
* Need to watch my calorie intake. Realized yesterday that I was eating too much - food I didn't really need but consumed just because it was there. Most of it was healthy but when I tracked I thought "whoa"
Celebrating the gorgeous fall weather, trying to take mini-breaks during the day to step outside and just ENJOY this perfection. Hope everyone is having a good week! We CAN do this!
Yesterday took my bike out for a 45 minute ride in gorgeous Indian Summer weather. Today, went to the early yoga class. This is mostly stretching, not so much about strength but its such a great way to start the week.
Then I came home and ate a light breakfast before beginning work. I feel so much better when I work my plan. A friend and I commiserated last night...why do we fight ourselves so? Its just part of the human condition I believe. But I'm making progress.
Hope you are too....as we start a new week together. Let's DO THIS!
Here's to all of us in SP Land who track on Sunday. I'm singling this day out because often I do NOT track on Sunday. I try to follow my path, of course, but I give myself a break. I figure there are others out there doing the same thing.
But I find that when I track I feel so much better, so much more under control. And that's a good thing. So here's to us Sunday Trackers!
I'm not sure what happened here but I've been so aimless these last few days. My energy level seems low and I've been easily sidetracked. I'd have to say that I just seemed to be ignoring my goals and what I 'should' do.
The result of this lack of focus and energy? Oh you know the answer. I really haven't gotten much done. I didn't track, my food intake was spotty, I cut my exercise back without the decision to do so, and this feels completely different from the times when I've made a DECISION to cut back or loosen up.
I do better and feel better when I keep focused. I would have done better if I would have just made it my priority these past few days to do one thing. Just one thing towards my health goals.
So I'm bringing myself back. I've tracked so far today. I'm giving myself permission to skip a workout this afternoon because of my work load as I'll shift it until Wednesday. I feel better already. I certainly don't want to slip completely off track!
So....what do I do today to juggle life's realities with my goals in mind? Here are my challenges as I see them.
1. I'm pet sitting for a friend's arthritic, diabetic wonder dog, Stella. Normally I walk 5 miles a day with my own dog, Jersey, in tow. She's a good walker. How do I keep those 5 miles a day walks happening and take care of Stella? Ideas: get a friend to take Stella out for a shorter walk, just go home when she tires. Take Jersey out first, then a shorter spin with Stella when I come home. That sounds like extra walking and the best plan
2. Dinner out with a friend tonight and she wants burgers. Idea: Check the menu before I go and order something that fits my plan better. Or Leave half those fries on my plate and leave 1/4 of the burger there as well.
3. Action packed day with no time for my extra 20 minute workout that I have to do today. Idea: Set a time (20 minutes at 4 sharp) and make it happen. That may mean I have a little more to do when I get home from dinner but this 20 minutes is important and I need to treat it as such!
I feel much more in control now... as I was worrying that this is a new month and I was going to slack off on the 2nd day. I've got this. Hope you are getting your new month started strongly too!