Wednesday, November 14, 2012
****Thank you to everyone who has supported me along the way! I am now a Spark Motivator! Thank you!!!!!!!!! This website helps me so much. Hopefully I can help some of you too. Let me know if you need any support or help. A little goes a long way, and I am willing to help!****
When I woke up this morning, I felt a bit different. I realize I definitely need a self-push today. What is a self-push? I have no idea! I just feel like I need one to continue my life journey in the right direction. Life is crazy. Even when my day seems to be going smoothly - I try to remind myself to be prepared for anything!
My daily life is so different now. I barely get food cravings anymore (which is helpful). Unfortunately, I also don't have the urge to decide what to eat most of the time. When I go out to a restaurant, I can basically go anywhere and find something to eat. I may not be satisfied with what I order if I just get a plain house salad with no croutons & no cheese... but at least I will be happy I didn't go over calories by giving in to the craving of a cheeseburger or pizza. Sometimes I still wish my stomach would tolerate very fatty foods - I wouldn't mind going over calories if it filled my belly! Instead of worrying about going over on the tracker, I worry about going under. If I just have a salad as a meal, I usually am under my calories for the day. Even though my low end of my tracker range is at 1350 calories, sometimes after I enter my dinner I may only be at 1,000 or 1,100 for the day! I do like snacking, but I hate eating JUST to make sure I ate enough for the day. We all have our own challenges. We need to face them in our own way no matter how big or small they may be!
I need a self-push to figure out how to change my eating habits. I bring my own snacks with me everywhere I go. I can't keep putting off how to make eating easier for me!
Besides eating better, I also need a self-push in my personal life today. For as long as I can remember, I have been a nice person. Throughout my life, I have randomly gotten compliments on how patient, understanding, and thoughtful I can be. Knowing I am caring has been good & bad. Instead of making myself happy, I would always give 150% to other people to try and make their life easier. Sadly, I was upset with how my life was going. Instead of focusing on the blessings of my life, I would only see the downside of everything.
After re-discovering myself with Spark's help, I realize I need to do more for me. I broke up with my ex- fiancé in June for many reasons. He still wants to try and fix the relationship. I have tried explaining to him that I can't get back together with him right now. He mentioned being friends until I figured out what I wanted to do. Every time I see his negativity in a text or hear it in his voice, my whole mood changes drastically. I feel weak, awful, alone, and so upset. I feel bad because I know he is upset. I hate hurting him. However, I need to stop being pulled back into the dark funk.
I need a self-push today to tell him how it really is & how it is has to be. I can't keep letting him feel upset because of me. He has told me he wants me to be happy, and if I will be happier without him, he will understand. He needs to live his own life and move on. (If he reads this before I get to talk to him today - sorry!)
There are many situations people I don't want to be in. At times, I get anxious, nervous, and scared to face reality! But I know I *Need* to take this leap and figure out my life! Sometimes our lives fall off the path we thought we were destined to be on. I know I need to always be ready to set new goals for myself. I want to help others, but I also need to keep myself in mind. I need to keep smiling with the greatness in my life! Negativity changes my whole mood too much.
I need a self-push to keep moving forward!!!!!
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. If there is something you are putting off, hopefully you can give yourself a self-push soon too and keep moving forward! Keep Sparking & keep reaching for your goals!
Friday, November 09, 2012
I weighed in for my 5% Fall Challenge today - 164.4! 85.6 pounds gone so far!!!!!! I am getting closer and closer to my 5% goal of 162.5. I am also close to my healthy weight goal of 155! At 155, I will have lost 95 lbs total. If I am lucky, I will get down to 150 and have 100 pounds gone. When the time comes, I will make new goals!
I don't talk about my life changes with people in my real life situation unless they bring it up. I don't want to be that obsessed person who criticizes everything everyone else does/doesn't do. Also, I don't want to be the person who won't shut up about my achievements! Only on Spark do I talk about my weight-loss all of the time!
There are a few friends I text that ask for random updates. I texted one today saying I was at 164.4. He said that is too thin & I should stop losing weight. I am 5'6 and the healthy range for my weight is 126-155. I definitely don't think 164 is too thin? I don't understand people sometimes. I didn't want to argue with the person, so I just said my goal is 155 to be at the high end of my healthy weight range... *Shrug* Then I changed the subject! I am not an expert - so I don't have any fancy schmancy facts... but does anyone think I am being unhealthy? I am not starving myself. I try to get in a bunch of veggies & fruits in a day!
I guess I have to remember.... YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE!!!
I really want to be at a healthy weight to be a healthier, happier, more fit person! I am not trying to look good in a bikini. I am not trying to look "hot" to pick up random guys. What I would like is to be a healthy young woman!
The weather is nice out today, and the 2nd half of the weekend is supposed to be nice too! I got offered a promotion at my job. I don't have a college degree (just 2 years of college). I am excited & nervous about it. They will get someone to replace me, and I will be getting new training while training them. I don't know when this will be - but I can't wait!
Although Life is stressful - we can make our own happiness. Good things do come every once in a while. We need to acknowledge the good and the bad!!! Hopefully everyone has a wonderful weekend! Keep Sparking!!!!
Wednesday, November 07, 2012
When I checked my e-mail this morning, I saw so many Spark e-mails! I can't believe I was featured as a Popular Blog on the Spark mailer! Woohoo!
THANK YOU so much to everyone who has posted on my blog, sent me a message, and commented on my page. Usually I get 10-20 posts on the blogs I make. I appreciate every single one, and I try to write back and read other blogs when I can! If I get the chance, hopefully I get through all of them later tonight or tomorrow! Halloween was postponed from last week, so kids may come around tonight. However... it has been snowing all day! So parents may not want their kids out in the snow. First it was Hurricane Sandy. Now there is Nor-easter Athena!
I honestly cannot say thank you enough to every single person on this site who I have come in contact with! Every member has been supportive, kind, caring, and unique in their own way. I have never met an online community like this before. Each of us has our own programs, techniques, and goals - yet we are all here because we are trying to better ourselves!
I have some free time at work today, so I am going to write some reasons how the great tools on this site have changed my life - for the better! I wouldn't be how I am today without this website! I used to have no goals and felt negative all of the time. I feel more alive now than I ever did before. There are many goals I reached already, and there are more I KNOW I Will reach because of Spark!
I have had 15 months on Spark so far so I created 15 reasons how Spark has made me to be a better person:
1. Happiness Articles – I now feel more confident with myself. Somehow I am more approachable by people I don't know. I walk around with a smile more often now! These articles have opened my eyes & helped me become happier on a daily basis. I have figured out many ways to relieve stressful situations, and I have tried to stay positive instead of being negative all the time!
2. Food Tracker – I rely on this tool the most! I have so many favorite foods saved, but I also have a lot of different foods I look up all the time! I even use the Smartphone App constantly when I can’t get to the computer! Even while I was sick and not on the computer, I used my phone to make sure I was eating enough. I don’t just track my calories. The other ranges (fat, protein, carbs, etc) are hard to master, but I am still tweaking my diet to try to stay within all of them every day!
3. Fitness Tracker & Articles & Videos– I use this much more now. A couple of months ago, something changed within me again & I wanted to exercise more! My daily eating habits were mostly under control, and I wanted to start working out more. It was harder to lose weight, and the working out has helped me a lot more! I want to be more fit instead of just “skinnier”. The Fitness Articles provide some awesome information too! The SparkVideos have really helped me at home. I have been doing the 6 minute butt buster & 15 minute ab workout a lot more recently! Thanks Coach Nicole!
4. Spark Teams – I am on several Spark Teams. I mostly just focus on three of them right now, but I do enjoy them all. The forum posts, team spirit, and challenges have really helped me create new goals for myself the past few months!
5. Challenges – I was invited to my first Spark Challenge not too long ago. I was set in my ways before I started the challenge – and they really opened my eyes to becoming more dedicated to myself! Not just with losing weight, but with other aspects too! I had to replan my days to have less calories, more workouts, and new goals! Even if I don’t reach my goals, I am much happier because of the support of my teams!
6. Map Routes – I have so many saved routes now! Even if I go somewhere new, I love the fact that I can come home and track the mileage of where I was just at!
7. Nutrition Articles - I actually read the articles and share my knowledge with my friends, co-workers, and family members. Reading these articles actually give me more reason to eat the healthy foods. They are fresh in my mind, so I am more likely to eat them!
8. Success Pages – Whenever I am feeling down about myself, I read other member’s stories. So many of us have made super transformations! We all have highs & lows in our journeys, and reading about others really helps me out!
9. Recipes & Recipe nutrition calculator – I use the Spark recipes all the time! I don’t use every one, but I do get a lot of great ideas. I tweak each one to my own. I love the recipe nutrition calculator also! This definitely helps track things easier!
10. Water Tracker – I don’t use this as much anymore, because I naturally go for water. When I first started with Spark, I used to track each cup! It definitely helped me have enough each day!
11. My Own Blogs – My blogs are a way for me to express myself. Sometimes I try to give advice while other days I ask for some! I love the encouragement from all of the members! Without the push from other members, I don’t think I would ever have done a 5K or Zumba! Thank you! There are so many things I don't talk to the people in my daily lives about - but I can talk about all of my nutrition and fitness ideas with Spark!
12. Member Blogs – Member blogs are the best! Some blogs contain one sentence while others have 20 pictures – I enjoy all of them! Even the ones that just have cute cat pictures – they are all great! I don’t always have the best advice, but if I do have some I try to give it where I can! Every comment I get on my page keeps me pushing harder, so I try to return the favor when I can!
13. Virtual 5K – I love this part of the site! I have a nice log of all of my 5K times! It definitely pushes me to start doing 5K on my own (without going to an event).
14. Trophies – This part of the website helps me in a strange way. Some of my goals now include receiving the 1,000 fitness trophy! It does sound a bit odd, but I am glad it helps me out! I also appreciate all of the support from my friend feed comments & likes!
15. Spark points, Login & Bonus Wheels – I know it sounds silly, but Sparkpoints really do push me to do more! I get points for using most features on this site. The more things I do, the more points I get! I can use the points to buy other members Sparkgoodies! I also love the different Spark Levels from the points you get! I won 1,000 SparkGoodie points on the wheel before! I bought all of my Sparkfriends a goodie to show my support!
There are so many other things I use on this site so much. I feel like I am only addicted to the food tracker! I am definitely not ready to go out on my own and eat without the tracker! I also like to know what my Sparkfriends are up to!
Hopefully everyone has a great rest of the week. I get to go home in 30 minutes & drive in the snow. It was melting before, but now the sun went down. I can see it sticking to the ground and cars now. Booo. Oh well! It happens!
Tuesday, November 06, 2012
November 5th already! Wow! I feel so behind in my exercise for this month because of being sick. I am on my second round of antibiotics. I missed Zumba last week because I was sick & also because the facility had no power. I don't think I am going this Thursday either because I don't want to over-do it. I have been walking a bit, but nothing too crazy until I get all better!
While I was sick, I mostly laid around and caught up on TV shows. My back was bugging me a bit, so I baked cookies one day and muffins another! I tried out this pumpkin spice muffin weight watchers recipe from a co-worker. (RECIPE BELOW). They turned out pretty good, and I even had one! I didn't have any cookies! I made baked apples last night as a snack for my parents and myself. They really enjoyed it. I also stopped at Redbox and rented Snow White & The Huntsman because my parents never saw it. I picked up some flowers and the tea bags my Mom likes the best to cheer her up a bit. She has been feeling down lately, and since I was actually out of the house, I wanted to do something nice for her.
Yesterday was tough at work. I didn't have a ton to do, but I was still tired at the end of the day because of lounging for so much over the weekend. It also stunk because of how dark is was at 5:30!!!! I remembered why I don't like the time change - it is dark when I leave work now! I am still coughing and clearing my throat a lot, but I do feel a lot better. Mentally I feel awesome. I have a lot of energy in my mind & I feel pretty happy and upbeat. I just want to get all of the sickness out!
I now weigh-in at 166.6! I may actually reach my 5% weight loss goal by Dec 1st! I have to be at 162.5 to get my Fall Challenge goal! Four more pounds! yikes! My BIG goal is still 155 - healthy weight for my height! I know I will get there one day. I don't have a set date yet of when I want to reach this goal... once the fall challenge is over, maybe I will sit down and really figure out a real goal date! I just don't want to push myself too much and then feel discouraged if I don't make the goal! I have reached most of my goals so far, but to be at 155 lbs is what is really motivating me the most!
I hope everyone has a lovely rest of the week! Keep Sparking!
Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe:
1 box Spice Cake Mix
15 oz non-spiced pumpkin puree
1 cup water or 1/2 water with one egg
Blend together the cake mix, pumpkin, and water (and egg). Spray the muffin tin and fill each halfway. You could use liners, but the muffins are very moist, and they usually stick to the liners. The egg makes the muffins more cake-like. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Get An Email Alert Each Time KIMPY225 Posts