Sunday, November 27, 2011
1. Give yourself more time
2. Accept help
3. Use other body parts (teeth for the toothpaste cap), hip for lifting things from the frig - nice deep knee bends), clean feet to hold open a book, sit down and use two knees to hold jar while twisting open with good hand.
4. Reorganize to make easier - put a roll of toilet paper on a small table by ypur good hand, use small baskets with handles, add pieces of tape to the key board to give non-sight freeback of key keys, use a wet paper towels to frame a field to chop in
5. give up contacts and love your glasses
6. give up uaing scissors and knifes, sewing roller cutters rule, as do pizza cutters in the kitchen.
7. the rest of the body is not broken - use it! Get out and go for a walk, hitch a ride with someome going somewhere.
I've stopped taking pain meds not because of lack of pain but because of all the near off balance falls...it is amazing how much an arm efffects getting up and down and bending over.
Going for my first PT assessment appt tomorrow. Looking at bus schedule to up my independence.
Bruises on rest of my bod are starting to fade. Trying to make peace with being a rebel and not restarting MTX this week (dr said two weeks post surgery). I want to see the bruises gone first. Its my body, right?