Monday, December 19, 2011
Ok, so here I am at the end of another year. Well one thing I can say is 2011 was a very happy year for me. I'm not sure I got much done, except happiness. Being someone who suffers from depression, that's an accomplishment. My weight has been up and down this year by about 10 lbs. I"ve exercised more consistently this year than i have in the past, and I"ve also nurtured this sweet tooth into a sweet monster if you will. Hence the coming and going of 10lbs.
so, my list of goals for 2012 as it stands right now.
1. Increase my activity minutes to 250 per week
2. Cut down/out on sugar. I've only just become aware of sugar as a force to be reckoned with. I've always been a fat gram counter, but apparenlty that's just not enough when you're over 40 and have a desk job.
3. Get out skiing at least 4 times this winter.
4. cook more, order out less
5. Buy a house, (this will be my greatest accomplishment of the year)
6. Pay off all outstanding debt.
so thats my list and my year in a nutshell. Please let me know about yours?
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
So last night I tried my first kick boxing class.....well it kicked my ass I'll tell ya! I was a hot mess by the time it was over, but........I still did it!
That got me thinking...mmmmm.....what else have I always wanted to do and not tried? Lots and lots. I'm feeling pretty brave now a days, so I thought I'd write them down and put them out to the universe.
Kerri's Bucket List
1. I want to wear a bikini before I'm too old, (which might be optimistic since I'm 41...not sure when you are too old)
2. I want to go on a trip with a lover......when I was married we travelled a bit with the kids, like amusement parks, Prince Edward Island etc, but now I want to check out a resort with some hot sexy man, and I happen to know one too!
3. I want to run 5K, just because.
4. I want to take cooking classes, I never thought of myself of domestic, but I've been groovin' in the kitchen lately, so bring it!!
5. I'd like to get married again, this time maybe even to the right man
6. I'd like to live by the beach, even if it's just for one summer. I want to be able to dine El Fresco.....sounds awesome.
7. I'd like to get really good at yoga, maybe even instructor level.
8. I would like to face retirement with a plan...so that I'm not eating cat food, (not sure if this should be on a goal list, or a bucket list but....)
9. I'd like to skydive
10. I'd like to visit Asia, and/or India.
PLEASE NOTE: This list is very much a work in progress....subject to change on a whim, quite literally!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
1. My Sobriety
2. My overall Health
3. My children, the seem to love me inspite of me.
4. My work, still fun, after all these years
6. My gym, it's so awesome! Everyone in Canada, check out the Athletic Club, it's changing my life.
7. my BBQ, making healthy meals has never been easier
8. My boyfriend, he loves me in spite of me
9. The summer, it's so much easier to get my exercise in, and eat the right foods, fruit and veg etc.
10. The fact that I"m getting my hair 'did" tonight.
11. That my clothes are a little bit baggy on me, which I'll take ANYTIME over being a little bit snug!!
Friday, February 25, 2011
What are you saying exactly? Are you saying that I can't have what I want? Well why not? Are you saying that I have to feel this? Deprived, and spanked, punished even? But didn't you hear me? I want it! I'm not sure you're listening.........I WANT IT! I don't care about the shame I'll feel tomorrow, or the ruined lives that will have to be rebuilt. It's what I want! I don't care that it will take me to places I never want to go, and it will hurt people I would normally walk through fire to keep safe. Can't you see what's happening here? I"m feeling some pain, some discomfort. I'd go as far as to say this is hurting my feelings!!
If this was a few years ago, well we both know I'd just take it. There would be no question, I'd reach my hand out and grab what I wanted, as soon as I wanted it. I would never use common sense. I would never wait to think it through, because my instinct would be to take it. Oh, I'd deal with the aftermath ok. I'd get through losing the things I've worked so hard for and the people I love so much. It would have been through the bottom of a wine bottle (box of chocolates, package of smokes, etc etc etc), but I'd deal with it regardless. As for the others that are hurt, well didn't they deserve it? I mean they never really 'got' me anyway, did they?
Now lets just wait a second. Is that me anymore? Or have I worked to become someone who is far more self aware? Someone who puts others before myself. Haven't I learned to wait and breath through those moments when my head spins and I start to 'want' the very things that kill me? Haven't I made a decision to turn my will over, and have saved myself from these kind of mistakes? Don't I now have a choice?
I do, I"m very lucky. I have a choice now to live with integrity, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I am so grateful. Thank you so much.
Get An Email Alert Each Time KERRIJANE123 Posts