Saturday, November 21, 2009
I'm back on the Lime team, ready for the winter challenge to begin. We were asked to write a blog outlining our Plan-of-Action (or attack, which is really is) in order to gain some success and lose some pounds during the winter challenge.
Mine may sound very simple but they are things that I need to work on again. I was once completely committed to this journey but, like a lot of people, I got busy with 'life things' and my spark fizzled out for a while. So my plan is to:
1. Drink my water. I used to drink water constantly thru out the day but I have really slacked off on that and I want to be really committed to it again.
2. Track my calories & fat grams. Again I was once 'married' to the food tracker but it sort of fell by the wayside. Somedays I start off with the intention of tracking all day and then I just don't follow thru. So I want to get back to using the food tracker daily - at least 3X per day. Say this over and over again:
''The food tracker is my friend. The food tracker is my friend!''
3. Portion control - oh boy, I really need to work on this. 'Nuff said!
4. I want to start getting up earlier in the morning, enjoy a little more time with my guys before they go off to school & work, and I want to get my workout finished early. Sleeping later is a bad bad habit that I got into the last year and it certainly has not been a good thing for me. Speaking of workouts, I have to be honest and say I haven't done it for a long while. Time to start again and my body recognizes that fact - my knees ache, my back hurts, my feet hurt. When I was working out consistently I had a lot less pain in my knees and back. Exercise does help!
5. I want to be a good Lime! A good teammate, a good cheerleader and good lender of support. I know that support is a key to success and everyone needs support!
L - lend support
I - interact with team mates
M - make it count
E - exercise daily
S - sharing success