Friday, May 23, 2014
I'm coming to the end of week two back at SP. I'm feeling so much better from the change in my eating habits. We ate out a lot from mid-February to the end of April while we got ready, moved, learned new jobs, and got settled in. It wasn't all junk, but there was quite a lot of fast food involved. A couple of times this month we bought sandwiches from Subway. I made solid, healthy choices and stayed easily on track. (Gotta watch those oatmeal raisin cookies - 200 calories per!) My husband isn't on SP, but is very supportive of me and loves eating healthy again. We both are losing weight.
Saturday, May 17, 2014
Life has been crazy for a couple of months. Moving, new jobs, other life drama. What I said in February still applies, but it's May instead. That's OK. The scale broke during the move and I haven't bought another one. Going from the fit of my jeans, I may have gained a pound or two, but nothing serious. I'll get another scale soon.
Back to the plan.
One casualty of the move: strength! Who woulda thunk?I knew I wasn't as strong as I had been, but goodness - I joined the Spring Shape-up Challenge earlier this week and quickly realized that week one will take at least 2 weeks. I can and will do it even if it takes 8 weeks to finish. I don't think it will though.
I've always loved the nutrition tracker and it's even easier to use than before. Yesterday was not the best nutritionally, but the earlier days this week and today are well within guidelines.
Here we go again - on the road to better health!
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Well, I got so discouraged last fall that I gave up. At least, for awhile. I knew then that I would be back. I've gained 6 pounds, so that is my first short-term goal - lose the 6 pounds in 30 days. I know I can do it. I did it before. I am giving myself a year to do what I had previously thought would take six months. I will lose an average of 1 lb a week. I know that 6 lbs in 30 days is faster than that, but I feel that I can drop those recently regained pounds faster than the ones that have been with me for years. 2014 will be my year. I'm doing this for no one but me. I have wonderful support from my husband and adult children. The grandgirls are excellent motivators too.
Monday, July 15, 2013
1) I can do this. It is going to take me longer than I thought. I had set my goal at 2 lbs a week. I've lost 7 and kept off 5 in 2 months.
2) Inches have come off even if the pounds haven't.
3) I feel great when I follow my healthy eating plan. When I don't eat correctly, I can really tell it. This should be simple: Eat right=feel good. Why do I have trouble with this?
4) I need support on this journey. My family and friends and SP friends are great. I'd like my husband to speak up a bit more, if he sees me starting to make bad food choices. I've told him this today and he says that he will - beginning now.
5) I need to vary my exercise more. I spoke with a personal trainer yesterday and will find more exercise options. I'm much stronger and more fit than I was at the beginning.
I'm looking forward to the next two months. I can and will meet my goals!
Get An Email Alert Each Time KCHANDLER623 Posts