Monday, October 01, 2007
I love this MONTH! I love this SEASON! I started to lose my umfff at the end of September (could it be due to working towards a goal that lasted nearly 3 months???). I hoping to start new and pick up fresh for the month of Oct. so I've changed my goals around!
I'm looking at this all in a new light and I'm seeing that if I sow the seeds of weight loss today, I'll reap the benefits tomorrow! So what fruits am I expecting to reap from my labor?
1. 10lbs loss!-- I want to be 1 pound under the lowest weight I was after my last baby. This would put me finally into Onderland! 192.5 is my goal!
2. I need to shed some dress sizes! I won't tell you which dress size I'm at now but I did start off at a size 22w that had to be unbuttoned at times for comfort! In stretchy items I was wearing 3x! It's the biggest I've ever been (even during this last preg. I was only a 2x at 40 weeks!). My goal is to drop from my 22w and into a size 14!
3. Reduce stress!- I need to do this and I know that my number one stress related issue is "Lack of organization!" Can't find a thing in this house, can't find a thing on my desk or even in my car! I shift the mess from this side of the table to the other, the boxes from here to there and then rip into everything. No space at all, not even to work out! It's time to make space, get rid of all those things I don't need and open up a place that is just for me! My goal is to organize my house and reduce my stress in the progress!
4. Fit in more exercise! I can't depend on exercising at the YMCA all the time. One, I just don't have the money for the membership and the nursery. I'm going to have to find ways to get in a workout (not dvd or vcr and no space at this point at home). With the rain and cold in WA, it's going to be hard to carry a baby all over the place outside-I have to find things I can do inside and exercises I can do with the kids! My goal is to stay fit at home!
5. Eat more! I really need to bring my metabolism up! I realized that I just don't eat enough and never do. 1200 flat is just not reasonable. Raising my limit gradually up to 2000 over the next year or so should allow me to be able to eat a wide range of food. I want to rely on eating right and exercise to help me keep the weight off, not constantly eating at a low, low cal. range that would only stress me out during holiday and birthday party season. My goal is to increase my calorie range and aim for 1400 cals a day by eating more of a variety!
Of course the biggest goal for me is to find a way to keep me motivated and the best way I know how to do that is through rewards!
I'm hoping to reap the kind encouraging words of friends, family and all of my spark buddies! It's always rewarding to hear that people care and notice all your hard work.
I'm hoping to reward myself with daily, weekly and at the end of the month through emotional, physical and visual cues that let me know that I'm losing big and gaining big.
I want to set up little goals and small challenges throughout the month and reward myself for each one met. I also want to join a few teams and work on the challenges that they set up and award myself for those!
I'm hoping to reward myself big for each of the 5 original goals that I have set up. That gives me 5 chances to win, meaning that even if I fall off of one or two goals(not losing 10 lbs or getting into a size 14), I still walk away with something (eating healthier, getting organized, exercising more.) !
I plan on rearranging everything, making it all new. New goals, new programs, a new look will be sowed, a new me will be reaped!