Wednesday, September 16, 2009
On September 12th I began to have contractions for about 6 hour’s total of the day. They were irregular, sometimes one or two in an hour and other times they were seven to ten minutes apart. I was able to walk and talk through them. I noticed a chunk of mucus. I called my doula and let her know the events of the day. Not at all concerned, I went to bed at about 10:40, not bothering to pack my hospital bag since the contractions had all but ended.
At about 2:20 a.m. I woke up to potty, returned to bed, disappointed in the fact that I still had no contractions. I went back to sleep, woke up and went back to the bathroom to pee again. While on the potty I noticed that I was “cramping. I went back to bed and turned on my relaxation C.D it was 3:49 a.m. By the time I got to the second “And now take another deep breath…” I woke up my husband to help me into the shower because the cramping seemed non-stop. He started the shower and I sat on the potty rocking, trying to find a pattern, there just seemed to be no pause or break in between. I found it as soon as I got into the shower, two contractions with about thirty seconds rest. I got on the toilet again and told my husband to get the kids up and ready. I managed only to call my doula, get a pajama dress on, vomit repeatedly and get into the car, leaving behind my bags and all.
I walked into the E.R. at 5: 15 am and they RAN me to L&D when I screamed, “Baby number four, contractions 30 seconds apart!” I asked for a doctor and drugs, stating that something was not right, walked to a bed, sat on the edge, screamed with a contraction, lifted my leg onto the bed and instantly had a contraction, felt pressure and my water broke. I cried tears, “My water just broke.”, as I realized that I was no longer going to be pregnant, baby was on the way and my children were not there with me. People ran in. My nurse, Lee, gently pushed me back into a sideways sitting position, lifting my other leg onto the bed, just enough of a lean for the doctor to check me during a contraction. I was 100% and so they raced me down the hall. I got into the room, said that my husband and children were not going to make it, contracted and in one push had a baby at 5:21a.m.
I shouted out instantly, “I love you! Baby Ripley, Mommy loves you!” And, when my husband, children and doula’s arrived I was able to announce, “We have a baby girl!”
After a surprise conception, 40 weeks and 6 days of the most pleasant pregnancy ever, an intense 1 hour and 40 minutes of a natural, un-medicated labor and courageously determined one push birth, on Sunday, September 13th 2009 at 5:21 am, weighing in at 7lbs 13.8 oz’s and 21.1 inches long, Ripley Renee` Edgar entered this world loved.
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
Okay, so I totally give up.
Here is the latest. I've been turned down from everyone since the start of this pregnancy...
Yesterday I got a call from my midwife (yes my due date) and the midwife she works under says that I'm at risk cus I have big babies and recommends that I not be taken in and if she does, she can't work under her. So, she had to let me go...
Just about EVERYONE seems to be turning me away due to being "high risk" because I have "big babies". My biggest baby was 9.3 and that was my son. I've not even gained a quarter of the amount of weight I did with him and everyone who knows me says that I'm so tiny. This kid doesn't even sit in my rib cage!!! I'm sick of the whole being turned down because of "big baby" syndrome. I'm fed up, I give up!
Nothing happens during sex, with nipple stimulation, walking or spicy food. I have to move on to other methods or be induced because they want me to go no more than 1 week over (to 41 weeks) at the military hospital. I know I can avoid it by not showing up but I'm also sure that's going to cause some major issues when labor does come or I need to be induced and all.
So, I'm thinking Castor oil mix...I figure, if I'm ready, I'll go into labor, if not, I'll try again before the induction.
I'm just sooo fed up with the big baby deal and the constant "inducement or c-section" comments. Plus the whole "we may need to keep the baby if s/he is over 9lbs"...
I just want to cry... You all know I'm so not big on induction and yes, I'm okay with trying natural methods at the right time but really, I never wanted to be forced into pushing my child out when not ready and now I feel it's my only choice because if I don't, they are going to attempt more extreme measures if I wait. I'm tired of fighting...Help, say something...
Saturday, September 05, 2009
Why does everyone assume that I'm miserable??? Except for the one time I fell on my back and hurt myself (mostly my fingers) I've never complained about being miserable or wanting to end this pregnancy. In fact, I've been going on and on about how I wish I could be pregnant for ever and how I wish this would never end. Just about every post, blog and status has talked about how things are going so fast and I wish they would slow down so that I could remain pregnant longer. Yes, I've had days where I had swelling or heart burn but hell, every non-pregnant person has days when they are sick, tired or hurting and it doesn't mean they want to end their life. Every time I turn around someone (not most people but too many for my liking) are trying to make it out that I want this baby out now and can't stand to live if the child stays in another day.
I don't want my pregnancy to end. I've declined all inductions and c-sections that have been offered. I refuse to have my membranes stripped and have even refused internal exams to prevent anything from sending me into labor early. I do not even do any of the "natural" inducement methods because I LOVE BEING PREGNANT AND NEVER WANT IT TO END!!!
I even comment about how I get upset and CRY at the thought that I will no longer be pregnant soon. It all reminds me of a blog that I read that hits home for me. NO I AM NOT "SUFFERING" JUST BECAUSE I'M PREGNANT!!!
On another non-pissy note. LOL
I met up with another midwife. She is willing to help out with the GBS meds and only needs my medical records. I just need to get them and with Labor day and all, the soonest I can do that is on Tuesday. I'm not sure what will happen if we don't have them by then. As of now, I have all my stuff ready for a U/C home birth! Now, if only Ripley can wait it out until I get those records...LOL
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Just a bit of an update on me...
A lot has been going on over on my side of the world.
Erin (Buttonsmom) before she went into labor, contacted a doula who contacted me. This doula sent my story around and I got several doulas who were willing to help me out at a discounted or payment plan rate. I've actually picked one out and her backup doula is going to be at my birth for free!
On top of that, all the doulas agreed that I needed a home birth so for the past 2 weeks I've been calling up midwives who have been suggested to me. That has not panned out at all since many are not willing to take me this late or do a payment plan. Plus with all the supplies I need to buy and I can now go at any moment.
So yesterday me and my doulas went up to Madigan and did a tour of the L&D since my Dh insist that I have a midwife or go to the hospital and I don't want to put my doulas in that position of delivering my baby.
But we have a plan and will be laboring at home maybe with a midwife (we have to check but she won't deliver the baby, just will be there for support)and at the last moment will go to the L&D. We have already checked with the nurses on the floor and were told which doctors are more "natural/laid back" and which were not and it seems that 2 of them should be around in the next 3 weeks and one of them I've seen. He was the male doctor who said he would put in the GD and Rhogam test and if I decided to do them okay and if not, he couldn't force me. Out of all the doctors I've seen, he's the only one who didn't drive me up the damn wall and make me want to report him so I'm happy to hear that he's seen as "decent" in the birth room too.
I have sooo much on my plate at this moment. Both my girls need to be put into school. We were supposed to be moving and just last week were told no so now are looking into finding a new place to live. Dh has applied for school and is on his way out to Iraq and because of the move, I did not apply for my son to get into any free programs so I will have him with me along with the baby and no help.
I do now have a car seat and diaper bag! I have some shirts, and diapers for at least the first 2 weeks and other than that I'll be shopping after baby is born I guess. Everything still needs to be washed up and I need to clean my room and make space to put the new baby at and all clothes and such.
I'm cutting it to the wire and on top of that I've sprained or torn the ligaments in 2 fingers during my fall, am fighting a yeast infection and now hurt because of the slip and I'm having a horrible time getting around and moving on my own. Just really, really bad timing huh LOL.
Lucky for me, my next appointment is on the 1st and I'm about 90% sure that I'll be there so that gives me another week almost to play catch up!
Get An Email Alert Each Time KATRINIA17 Posts