Tuesday, June 02, 2009
I should have posted this before the last post about walking. I have ended my 40 day journey with food. I did well and did not suffer during this time. Things that I have learned on this journey:
1. Meat is overrated. I find that it is tough and for the most part lacks flavor.
2. There is more flavor in a Subway pepper jack vegi sandwich than a sandwich with meat
3. Dessert taste much better when you don't have a large amount
4. I survived with very little sugar
5. Fruit is sweeter when I limit my sugar intake
6. I can survive without beef, chicken, pork and sugar
7. When I get tired I rest and when I get stressed I pray.
I'm sure there are more and I will post them when they come to mind. I am now beginning my walk journey. Oh, I wanted to say that I am still not eating as much meat and sugar as I did. Just a couple of bites really satisfy me. No more 10 oz steaks or large pieces of cake, pie and cookies! It just isn't worth it!