Tuesday, September 06, 2011
StoryPeople’s Story of the Day: Partial Enlightenment
“The problem with knowing everything's going exactly as it needs to is that when you're not having that much fun it doesn't even do any good to complain.”
After a long holiday weekend where I Tried (and almost succeeded) Too much, receiving the StoryPeople Story of the Day, and reading ONEKIDSMOM blog on structure www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_jo
urnal_individual.asp?blog_id=4468934 I’m reflecting on how I ‘spend’ Time.
Encarta defines Time as a “system of distinguishing events, period with limits, or method of measuring intervals”. I however often view time as a “period chosen as ‘appropriate’ for something to be done or to take place”.
Viewed in the light of here and now, that everything IS flowing as intended, I don’t need to distinguish or limit or measure or decide what I ‘shoulda, woulda, coulda’ do/done.
I instead need to remember to give Thanks for every part of my journey. To give Thanks when I Try to do Too much and fail. To give Thanks when I waiver and stumble. And to move past ‘partial’ enlightenment to accept “it doesn't even do any good to complain’.
Here’s to all of us learning to go with the flow, giving Thanks for what we can and can’t do, enjoying the gift of the present and becoming AWAKE! ALIVE! AWARE! and Appreciative of ALL that IS".
Namaste my friends
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Day 17 of the Chopra Meditation Challenge focuses on Taking Time "to nourish ourselves as an essential step in creating a life full of meaning, joy, and abundance". www.chopracentermeditation.com/bests
Rachelle Williams, Medical Coordinator for the Center, talks about her own experiences and how when we only give, we deplete our gifts. She focuses on exploring the flip side, to help us "discover that when (we) serve (ourselves), (we) are also serving the world".
Rachelle notes the mantra 'Om Vardhanam Namah- I am the nourisher of the universe' comes from Deepak's "Seven Spiritual Laws of Success", and asks us to make a commitment to give and receive. www.mantrasltd.com/today_i_will_put_
The website en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Spir
itual_Laws_of_Success sums up the laws:
- The Law of Pure Potentiality: TAKE TIME to be silent, to just be. Meditate for 30 minutes 2x a day. Silently witness the intelligence within every living thing and practice non-judgment.
- The Law of Giving: Give whoever you encounter a gift: a compliment or flower. Gratefully receive gifts. Circulate the world's energy by giving and receiving care, affection, appreciation and love.
- The Law of Karma: Every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind. Choose actions that bring happiness and success to others.
- The Law of Least Effort: Accept people, situations, and events as they occur. Take non-judgmental responsibility for your situation and for all events seen as problems.
- The Law of Intention and Desire: "Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment." Make a list of desires. Trust the universe.
- The Law of Detachment: Allow yourself and others the freedom to be who they are. Uncertainty is essential, and the path to freedom.
- The Law of Dharma: Seek your higher Self. Discover your talents. Ask yourself how to serve humanity. Use your unique talents and serve others to achieve unlimited bliss and abundance.
And for those of you who practice yoga, you can find the laws (and mantras) here: aprilstolf.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/
May we all Take Time to experience the natural flow of giving and receiving as we continue to become AWAKE! ALIVE! AWARE! and Appreciative of ALL that IS".
Namaste my friends
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
I just found out my aunt was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. My mom died from peritoneal cancer (her ovaries were clean), so I am notifying my OB GYN. The current test is a CA-125, but it is unreliable as a cold can influence the numbers.
As I continue with my Chopra meditations, delving into what I want, I understand Benjamin Franklin’s emphasis on health. When you think about it, if we do not have our health, we have nothing but problems.
I was looking for a ‘reason’ to refocus on a healthy journey. I think I found it.
May we all find what we need to be AWAKE! ALIVE! AWARE! and (ESPECIALLY) Appreciative of ALL that IS".
Namaste my friends
Monday, August 29, 2011
Thought involves consideration, contemplation, attention and reflection.
When we Think, we use our minds. Encarta defines the mind as "The center of consciousness that generates Thoughts, feelings, ideas, and perceptions, and stores knowledge and memories".
Self Magazine and Yahoo listed 8 ways we can use our Thoughts.
Several of them heal our bodies:
Herbert Benson www.biomedexperts.com/Profile.bme/10
• Mind/body practices (meditation, yoga, tai chi, deep breathing, and visualization) induce the relaxation response, suppressing the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline; working as well as drugs without the side effects.
• Regular meditators’ genes change to "control not only stress but also premature aging and inflammation"
Rick Hanson (author of Buddha's Brain) found "the prefrontal cortex and the anterior right insula (attention and sensory processing areas) were thicker and more robust in those who meditate."
While the following do not all involve Thought, Brent Bauer, M.D., director of the Complementary and Integrative Medicine Program @ Mayo Clinic, suggests ways to alleviate common health issues. For:
• Back pain Try: Yoga
• Depression Try: Music therapy, qigong, yoga
• Eating disorders Try: Meditation, yoga
• Fertility Try: Visualization, yoga
• Heart health Try: Deep breathing, qigong, yoga
• High cholesterol Try: Qigong
• Immunity Try: Breathing, chants, meditation, qigong
• Insomnia Try: Acupuncture, visualization, yoga
• Joint pain Try: Music therapy, qigong, yoga
• Migraines Try: Acupuncture, yoga
(Not sure what qigong is, but I will by the time I get to my Q words
Here’s to all of us using our seat of Thought and memory to become AWAKE! ALIVE! AWARE! and Appreciative of ALL that IS".
Namaste my friends
Get An Email Alert Each Time KALIGIRL Posts