Monday, December 10, 2012
My husband & I are so opposite no one knows how we even came to be. My list of our oppositions.
1. I am romantic Gary is not
2. I love classical music , opera, & bluesy music, Gary like's the 60,70 & 80's music
3. i love our local plays, plus going to Broadway in New York City, Gary does not like plays
4. I love all kinds of ethnic foods , Gary is a plain meat & potato eater he never had a casserole dish , not even macaroni salad or potato salad the only soup he ever ate was chilli & tomato
5.I love the rain, it depresses Gary
6. I love back ground sounds, Gary likes silence
7.I love drama on television shows, Gary likes comedy
8.I get all beside myself when things happen & Gary is so calm he says come sit here by me & tell be all about it.Then I feel better because he listened, while I ranted then he says don't you feel better now!!!
9. I love anything old.. items, houses , old buildings. Gary likes the modern
the list could go on,but I do not want to drag it out
What holds us together with so many opposites.
1.That we have respect for one another in the things we each love in life. ( even when they are opposite.)
2.We are both compassionate about those that have less, we help them out
3.We laugh together about the silly things we do at times
4. We love to camp & then when rain comes in the night it sounds so beautiful as it falls on the camper , then we cuddle together, then Gary is not depressed because it is at night
5. We go for hours & sometimes all day on our motorcycle
6. We love nature outdoors & watch certain shows of nature,on Public broadcasting
7. We both like airplane shows, (& built together planes to fly they are remote control )
8. We both sit down together to discuss buying anything large & costly,if we need to talk about issues the tv is shut off ,radio & phone come's off the hook, that way we have each other;s undivided attention.The issue may not be solved, but we both know that each other are aware of the issue & what each other is feeling. I use to work with 95 % women when i was younger, I heard a lot of them say their husbands ought to know what they are thinking. I said if I ever married that would never happen
Sunday, November 25, 2012
Saturday was the day to go for a make over . I was so nervous as this was the first time that I went to this hairdresser for a much needed hair color & a new style. We thought to go back to my normal color of a light brown with just a few high lights sprinkled through out my hair. I did not look in the mirror as everything was being done to transform me. The moment came as she handed me the big mirror to check out the transformation. What I saw in this mirror was a fat rounded face, she bent down & ask if I liked it I said " oh yes ' (still not looking at my hair ) As she spun the chair around so I could see my self as a whole in the mirror on the wall I really did love my hair, but that is not what I really saw at first. What I must do is transform my thinking of changing my thoughts of how & what & when I eat, & the process of working out instead of skipping over it. The woman in the mirror IS going to change, notice I said is, not MAYBE , not HOPEFULLY but IS !!!!!!!!!
Thursday, November 15, 2012
The day was rather sunny, it warmed my face & felt rather comforting ,even though I like cloudy raining days. I took a deep breath to smell the sweet Autumn air. That is when I saw it, a rather dark figure beside me the shoulders were slouched downward,the body had no curve within the waistline, rather bulky, the arms were outward like a hulk ,the hair was just hanging squared off with no style . I started to run, & I could not outrun the shadow. I finally made it to my car & sped off. When i pulled up to my home I ran inside, not looking beside me. I slammed the door shut with my back up against the door, I was breathless I just could not believe that shadow was really me. I kept remembering when I saw the shadow years ago , the shoulders were slender , the waistline was indented inward, the arms were closer to the body with a swing to them , the hair had style & a swoosh to it . I want to run with that shadow , I am looking for that shadow , where are you please come back. Oh shadow please come back so I can dance & twirl around with you in the sunlight!!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time JUDYAMK Posts