JOHNMARTINMILES   316,846
SparkPoints
100,000 or more SparkPoints
 
 
JOHNMARTINMILES's Recent Blog Entries

Monday, Monday

Monday, February 16, 2009

Back in the day The Mamas and The Papas had a hit song lamenting the problems of Monday. Monday is a state of mind and nothing more. Monday is no different than Friday but no one has a TGIM cocktail on the way home. Why not?!? Having a successful day is reason enough to pause and celebrate. Further, if people were to stop, have a TGIM (Or TGIT, TGIW, TGIT) refreshment and take a few minutes ti unwind and complete the transition from work person to home person, every day would be a bit better.

  


A Sunday Sandwich

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Here we are on a beautiful Sunday morning sandwiched between Valentine's Day and Presidents' Day. Lincoln and Washington were robbed! I think they each deserve to have their own day as they once did. Someone needs to look at the calendar and do some adjusting. We have Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and King Day crowded into six weeks and then four holidays for the rest of the year.
We should move King Day to Early March and President's day to mid April. Then the only long stretch without a holiday would be Labor Day until Thanksgiving. To placate the Italian Americans, we should elevate Columbus Day to full Holiday status, giving us the break we need in mid October. It will never happen but it is a thought

  


Amateur Night

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Once a year on Valentine's Day, the amateurs take over and show their love. Valentine's Day is somewhat like Christmas. If only we could keep the spirit of Valentine's Day alive for the rest of the year, how much better everything would be.

  


TGI (fill in the blank)

Friday, February 13, 2009

Today's huddles were full of TGIF posts. Wayne Dyer says this is a terrible sentiment. Imaging spending 86% of your life looking forward to the remaining 14%. That is the TGIF attitude. No matter what day it is you should thank God for the day and for being allowed to take part in it. This is a day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

  


A Visit to the Medicine Man

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Went to see the doc this morning. All my blood work was good. Cholesterol is good, tri-glycerides are good. Blood pressure is toward the high end and he would like it reduced a bit. He gave me a choice of stronger meds or lose 15 pounds. I don't really want to become medicine dependent so I opted for the weight loss which is on the agenda anyway. I have another appointment in ninety days and need to have 15 pounds gone by then. That's ten weeks or 1.5 pounds per week. That seems manageable to me.

  


First Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 Last Page