Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Today's lesson is about going back and looking over what has worked for me in the past and then pull out those great strategies and do them again.
Here are the strategies that work best for me:
1. Stay consist - this happens when I chart everything. That means that I write down all the food I am consuming in the day, all the exercise that I am doing, and chart all the other goals that I have for myself.
2. When faced with emotional eating I will stop - sit down for a few minutes, relax, do some deep breathing, drink a glass of water, then physically give myself something else to do until the feeling of wanting to eat my emotions passes.
3. When I feel my motivation weakening I come and blog on Sparkpeople or I read other people's blogs and get inspired.
4. Start the day and end the day with a feeling of gratitude, even if it is just a few minutes before I get up in the morning, and another few minutes when I go to bed. It is really important for me to clear my mind of anything negative.
5. Set goals for myself, write them down, and reevaluate them once a month.
6. Repeat all of the above over and over again - because when I stay consist I keep myself motivated.
7. Give myself nonfood rewards for staying consist - like new clothes, a trip, getting my hair done, a new book.