Thursday, October 28, 2010
duty gear and military surplus! This week just got better and better! We did over $1000 in sales yesterday and almost $800 today! I still have some math to do, but we are really close to breaking even comparing the inventory purchases and sales. I am not really sure what to expect after Halloween, huge drop off or more like last week? I think Christmas will be awesome, but I hope we hold our own through November! After that who knows, it is all scarey, yest exciting! Oh I just realized, I have quit having anxiety attacks! I must be setting it!
On a side note, I went to zumba yesterday morning and trusted hubby to open the store on his own! I have to make sure I do this more often, he is not going to ditch me with the store opening every morning! But I pulled a muscle in my chest and when i went to zumba tonight it made it very not fun! :( Will have to let it heal a couple of days and then go back on sunday and hope it is better!
Have a fantastic friday ya'll!!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
I was glad to see numbers yesterday, esp since this store/business has been closed on Mondays since heaven knows when! I don't get 'hairdresser hours'? Just because you are open on saturday does not mean you are closed on sunday! So I opened the store on monday from 10am-5pm. I don't have the numbers in front on me, but I think I did about $320 in sales. No, this is not huge, but for a day when nobody expects you to be open, not bad! And considering, the minimum to stay above is $250/day....good day! Today was alot of fun and alot of crap! I had a guy walk out with a jacket that I knew was mine, but we were so busy, and I didn't see him take it off the hanger, etc...in a last ditch effort to not cause a scene I told himhe was not welcome back and left him cussing like a sailor on the sidewalk!
Today we grossed $526.00. The best day yet, on a day, tuesday, which is considered the 2nd slowest day, saturday being the worst (oh and it was!). I am hopeful that this trend continues! I would love to bring in some higher end gear to raise the stats some, but for now I have a couple more shipments on their way and more special orders. I am having a blast!
Ate great today, but didn't get in enough water! I know, because I was extremely busy!
Love you guys! Have a wonderful rest of the week! Hubby is opening the store tomorrow so I can zumba first thing! w0000h00000!
Sunday, October 24, 2010
One of the challenges set before me with the purchase of this business has been planning and maintenance! In my mind I just figured eat what I am good at eating and workout as usual. This has not been the case at all! A week a go this past friday I weighed 139ish....on the following monday I was at 142ish, tuesday 143ish, by this friday I maxed at 147! WHAT??? I would love to blame stress alone, i know that stress has played a HUGE roll in it, but I can also look at the past week and see other things!
1) Time! I had none! From open to close and past I had so much to do it was just crazy!
2) Planning! I did great, or so I thought! A couple of times I had bfast, a couple I did not! Lunch/ perfection! I bought and kept stuff in the frig at work and it worked out great! Dinner...uh oh! Once 7pm or later comes around and you have been at it for hours and hours it is just so much easier to wind up in a resturant! Sit down preferrable after being on your feet or at a computer all day! I tried to make the right choices.
3) Then there is also the stress eating, Lord please help me control that! I never considered myself an emotional eater, but wow!
4) Water.....whater??? WATER!! I would either forget my BIG cup or get too busy to drink it! This is a biggie as we all know how quickly water collects in our systems when we aren't constantly pushing it out!
I take full responsibility and take it all as a learning curve, but then again, it is the week-end and today I have had actual time to reflect! I also stepped on the scales this morning at 145.2.....2 1/2 lbs less than friday morning! I will blame 2 1/2 hours of zumba for that! I have eaten great this week-end and we finally had the chance to grocery shop (huge part!)
So my plan...or baby steps:
1) Water, water, water! Before I leave for the store I will finsih 32 oz of water! I will take my 32 oz cup with me and keep it visible to me, who cares of customers see it sitting on my desk right???
2) I adjusted the store hours and aquired some help in order to be able to have dinner earlier a couple extra days of the week! this will also ensure I make it to zumba on 2 days during the week. I have a lady who has worked at the store for 20ish years off and on. I hope that I can trust her and afford her! I am only having her work about 16 hours a week. (can you tell this is a huge stressor??????)
3) I want to work at getting the paperwork done throughout the day rather than coming home and doing it late into the night!
3 goals....I will do this!
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Great time to really have fun and let go of some of the stress! Boy I didn't really realize just how tired I was until Jan, the part-time employee, showed up at the store today. It really was a relief! I then had to go to the annex and clean for the halloween zumbathon tonight, it was cool, and I got it all done and in the nick of time as well!
Fun times! Went out after and had a drink, yes, I did! Went to the store and closed out the register, came home and did all the quickbooks, etc, uploaded pictures from the zumbathon and now I am just trying to catch up a little on spark! TIRED!!!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week-end!
Friday, October 22, 2010
There was a customer waiting on me when i got to the store this morning! Wow, what a sign huh. She bought a uniform shirt and I am ordering her a badge on monday or tuesday. I had to order another $350 of stuff today, much of it pre-paid for. I had a lady come in a make a huge list of stuff as her 3 boys ran around picking our what they wanted for Chritmas! She is one of the few people they said would spend about $500 through lay away! Oooh this coming week is going to be slammin busy! Thank heavens the volunteer fire dept boys are going to come help u monday night get everything priced and out! Gonna cost me a couple of pizza's and some pop, but will be worth it to have the help! Today's intake was quite a bit less than the past 3, however it was a very productive day! We got alot done and ordered and I got the chance to relax some and learn more! Oh sheit, Liz is leaving Sunday!!! Oh well, let's pray that God continues to watch over us!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time JEWELS571 Posts