Thursday, April 19, 2012
I never posted my New Year's goals. I don't remember much of what I was going to write down, but I do remember my weight loss goal for the year. If I want to reach that goal now, I'll have to lose 1.4 pounds/week. I don't have much experience losing at that high of a rate, is it do-able? I don't know. Perhaps: I've very recently changed my diet and I can feel the weight starting to melt off of me.
Today was day six of keeping my saturated fat intake below 20g/day. This is much, much, much lower than what I'd been consuming before, and all but eliminates dairy from my diet. I'm doing this for medical reasons, not as a fad diet, and I'm committed to continue it for at least 100 days. Some early data indicates overall calories are down (and I'm not feeling as hungry overall and snacky in the evenings.) I'm about to take up swimming again (starting tomorrow!) It's hard for me to believe such a big calorie shift won't result in weight loss.
Even though this post is full of numbers, I'm not actually all that focused on the scale. I only weigh myself once a week if that. I'm mostly focused on healing. It's going fairly well. :)
I hope all of you long-lost sparkfriends are doing well out there. xo
Sunday, January 09, 2011
Here's how the first week went with my commitments:
1) Lose 63 pounds in order to reach my goal weight of 155 by December 31 of this year. That means averaging 1.21 lbs/week. I can do that!
My first official weigh-in will be on Wednesday.
2) Work week wake/fall asleep goals, healthy breakfast:
This one could use some improvement. I managed the healthy breakfast every day, and got up and made my bus each day, but being in bed by 10 only happened two or three of the five days.
3) Develop an amazing gluten-free pizza crust recipe by continuing to actively cultivate and refine my skills at work.
This one is going pretty well. I realized how scared I am of success in this scenario, and instead of running away I'm plowing through it, taking risks, and they're paying off.
4) Complete a three-month no refined sugar/corn syrup trial.
Going strong, eight days of no sugar completed!
5) Rigorous exercise 3-5 times per week for 35 minutes.
Completed four days!
6) Make sure dogs are walked at least 5 days a week.
Completed four days.
7) Complete the 100 pushups program.
Need to start this one over.
8) Take my supplements every day for at least 100 days in a row.
Argh, I was on a roll with this one until I forgot yesterday. Starting over today.
9) Develop and stick to a budget that includes monthly paying down of personal debts and adding to savings.
Haven't addressed this one at all. I think I need to refine the goal and make it more specific.
10) Clear off my desk weekly.
Nope, I did not do this, nor even attempt it.
11) Brush the dogs and clip their nails weekly.
Success! It felt great to care for them better this week.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
My BLC 14 Goals:
1) Eat at least one very, very large serving of nutritious vegetables per day, every day.
2) Swim at least once a week. (Hey, gotta start back somewhere.)
3) Go on at least one long walk or hike a week.
4) Keep up with my team talk thread. (Go Mocha!)
5) Take for myself at least one nice solid chunk of "me time" each week This is In addition to items 2-4. Counseling and doctor's appointments don't count. I'm talking about doing something fun and/or creative and/or shopping. :)
6) Get at least seven and a half hours of sleep per night. I'm almost certain that this is going to be the most challenging goal of the bunch. If I'm honest with myself about the math, I'll have to be starting my bedtime routine by 9pm in order to be asleep by 10 in order to be awake by 5:30 to catch the 6:17 bus to be at work before 7am. Off work by 2:30, at which point I take over childcare for the afternoon and evening. Hence the importance of #5. :)
Friday, April 16, 2010
Ha! After my avocado blog earlier today it just goes to show... Are there some really big Avocados out there that I don't know about?
Does anybody else find tracking this interesting?
Get An Email Alert Each Time JESJES Posts