Monday, February 23, 2009
I've been in a bit of a funk, and I think I need to remember the positives of the last few days:
(1) In less than 60 days, I made a commitment to permanently change my eating habits.
(2) I read all labels.
(3) I measure everything that requires measure.
(4) My womanhood issues are ongoing, but far less pain because I changed my diet and increased water.
(5) My kids are seeing Mom get fit and ask me about it. I am a positive role model for them.
(6) I have lost 15 pounds and at least 3 inches (I did not measure the first month so I don't have those stats).
(7) I did a light jog and finished my first 5k to meet an SP challenge.
(8) I do not feel as much physical stress from life because I am taking care of myself.
(9) I could easily chase my kids if they get ahead of me on a walk (and with my 4 yr olds...this can and does happen).
(10) Because of my changes, my husband is eating healthy and he has lost some weight also.
(11) Even though my weekend was busy, I was giving back to my community and my kids saw me in action. I hope they do the same when they are older.
(12) TODAY IS MY ONE MONTH SPARK-VERSARY!
I saw a beautiful view today on the way into work. The commute was slow, but the view was so nice. I was grateful to take it in.