Thursday, December 31, 2009
The last day of 2009. What a year! Just from a health perspective...I have to say it was a pretty great year for me. And I am so grateful for the inspiration and motivation that my Spark friends have channeled to me across the Web. There are a lot of people around me every day who don't have healthful goals, who don't eat healthy...who just aren't on the same page with me. SparkPeople has been a strong source of support and reinforcement in a large sea of temptation. They started another Biggest Loser Challenge at my company, and I told them they needed to do more if they wanted to really help the folks who want to lose weight. And of course I told them all about SparkPeople! So without further ado...here is a review of my December Goals and how I fared:
1. Keep journaling food - I did okay. I should have gotten on here more. On all but the holidays, I was very mindful of my intake. I tend not to journal Fri-Sun, but make mental notes and eat the same dang thing so I stay on schedule/track with my eating .
2. Get all my H20 - Failed miserably on this during the holidays, but overall did well on getting my H20. I'm hooked on hot decaf tea (mint or raspberry) so some of my H20 has been in this form.
3. Get 2-3 veggies today (a problem point for me) -
4. Stay in my caloric range (2 days will be tough...but the rest...no excuses!) - I could probably count on one hand (maybe a couple more fingers) the number of days I went over. Not too shabby in such a tempting month!
5. Exercise at least 3 days per week (running, elliptical) - The first two weeks - epic fail. The last few weeks I made up for my lack of fitness. Between the dreadmill and shoveling snow...I've done very well.
6. Mail holiday cards (it has been years since I got them out thanks to thing 1 & 2) - It's the last day of the month. I can mail them out and make it before Epiphany. LOL.
7. Get my hair cut - done
8. Get new running shoes - still pending
9. Have coffee with a girlfriend - never happened. But I did get a Keurig and I'm lovin' it!
So...I scampered around to find my last WI info fromthe end of November. I was at 158.8. I am happy to report that I weighed in at 153.8 this morning. I successfully rebounded from holiday gluttony. I had no weight loss goals for the month because I did not know what to expect. 5 lbs down.
I credit it all to those veggies...and maybe the lowered caloric intake too. Seriously. I started eating a salad of celery, cucumber, red pepper, sometimes tomato, and a lettuce blend with measured dressing. I would pair it with an Arnold round (multigrain) with either a melted string cheese or measured cream cheese on it. Some days it is hard to consume the leafy part. It gets old.
At the beginning of this year, I was ready to lose weight. I had a physical at the start of the year, and I was 191. On this last day of December, I am 153.8. A total weight loss of 37.2 lbs. I'll take it and keep going.
I don't have resolutions....unless you want to count me resolving to always use SparkPeople to log my H20, food, and fitness.
I think the Spring weather will light my fire and get me moving at a faster clip. The dreadmill thing is tough, but hey...it's better than sitting on the couch! I'm feeling as though I want my events to have purpose. Not just to sign up for and run a race. It's similar to writer's block. I'm sure I'll break through it and figure it out.
I hope that all my Spark friends have a safe and happy New Year's Eve.
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
So much happening in the month. I have a few goals:
1. Keep journaling food
2. Get all my H20
3. Get 2-3 veggies today (a problem point for me)
4. Stay in my caloric range (2 days will be tough...but the rest...no excuses!)
5. Exercise at least 3 days per week (running, elliptical)
6. Mail holiday cards (it has been years since I got them out thanks to thing 1 & 2)
7. Get my hair cut
8. Get new running shoes
9. Have coffee with a girlfriend
I won't set a caloric burn goal or a loss goal. If I maintain then I will be content. If I lose then I will be thrilled!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
I hope that all of my American Sparkfriends have safe travels and a good day. I've been mindful of what I am thankful for this month through one of my teams, the Partying Penguins, and wanted to share the list with you. Let's face it...we should always reflect and find the good in each day even if there are people or circumstances that stress, worry, or frustrate us. There is always a silver lining if we just allow ourselves to see it!
Today I am thankful for:
1st - God
2nd - My supportive spouse
3rd - Health
4th - My kids, who's hugs make any day better
5th - Farmers who grow our fresh fruits and veggies
6th - My job, and how flexible they are
7th - My cold weather clothes
8th - My babysitter
9th - New foods and new experiences
11th- Our Service Men & Women
12th- For my firstborn daughter, who I bore 17 yrs ago today
13th- For the nutrition tracker. When you use it, it works!
14th- For food in my pantry. Did Scouting 4 Food today to feed local families.
15th- For family. Really enjoyed my nephews bday party!
16th- For my spirituality. Lots of stressors, but if I just remind myself to take it one day at a time and trust in Him, then I will be okay.
17th- For the strength/stamina/energy I have gained since my weight loss journey at the start of the year
18th- For unexpected discoveries
19th- For friendship
20th- For my Mom, who is 60 yrs young today!
21st- For family and friends who joined us tonight
23rd- For the 59 cents a pound turkey from Giant Eagle
24th- For rising early on a dreary day
25th- For working remote to avoid the traffic
26th- For my husband's early payroll deposit
What are you thankful for today?
Get An Email Alert Each Time JEM0622 Posts