Monday, October 18, 2010
... Ok, tonight was of my CE 90 day program... OMG!!!!!... it was s-o-o-o-o-o hard
I know that I have not worked out in about 3 weeks so this is understandable, but this workout was brutal ... This is probably why I sold it the first time... (this is my 2nd time around with this program). Don't worry, I am not going to do that this time, I promise... but someone please tell me that the program, although challenging, won't make me feel like I am going to die each time I do these workouts!!!! ...
The good part is that the sessions are not long, and most will average 35 minutes or so, it took me 45 minutes to complete circuit 1 because I had to push "pause" a few times just to catch my breath. The moves that are really rough for me were:
- Lunge with Posterior Fly
- Push-up's (... no leg lifting here)... I am not able to do push-ups well right now, even on my knees, but I am modifying and I do feel like I get a good workout... hopefully in time I will be able to do more... "my wrist hurt when I do them"... "has anyone else experienced this, and if so, did you find a way to make performing the push-ups easier on the wrist?
- Fwd-Lean Lunge w/Dbl Arm Post. Fly
... my shoulders are the weakest part of my body and even with 5lb weights it was so difficult for me to raise my arms... the problem is that for the lunge I could probably use more than a 5lb weight, but for my arms 5lbs is too heavy for the posterior flys, period!
.•* "OK CHALEAN EX. VETERANS, I NEED YOUR ADVICE" *•.
- should I use the bands until I get stronger?
- should I just use 3lb dumbbells until I get stronger?
- I think that I am going to have to use a pre-workout supplement for energy... Sue, Chana... "What do you think?"
I didn't do cardio today because I was absolutely spent after this workout... however, I did get a pretty decent calorie burn, here are my stats:
In zone: 26:00
HR Rate: 145/181 / 87/108
Calories burned: 346 / 30% fat burned
Cardio is the "Yang" to my "Yin"... tomorrow's cardio will feel like a walk in the park... looking forward to it...
... see you tomorrow! ~ Dee