Wednesday, March 17, 2010
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
** Lower Sugar Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal
2. How much water do you drink a day?
** Usually at least 8 cups...often more
3. What is your favorite workout?
** Running!! I love hitting the road with my music, fresh air, and the world around me. :)
4. What is your favorite fruit?
5. What is your favorite vegetable?
** oh man, that's tough...it's a toss up between artichokes, asparagus, and peas
6. How many calories do you burn a week?
** I don't know
7. How many calories do you eat a day?
** around 1400-1700
8. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
** pistachio nuts, string cheese, and clementines
9. What do you usually eat for lunch?
** Usually it's an Amy's meal...unless it's a weekend, then we usually eat out
10. What is usually for dinner?
** Whatever I order when we go out...we eat out all the time (because I'm a lousy cook), but I've learned what to order at each place & being a vegetarian helps me make healthy choices (unless I crack & end up ordering nacho's or something LOL)
11. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
** Abs, but I really love strength training everything...sore muscles actually feel good. :)
12. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
** I guess I'd say arms...I just feel like it's wasting time to work small muscles, but if I combine it with lunges or something, I feel better about it. :)
13. What is your least favorite exercise?
** Yoga or Pilates...I just don't get enough out of it & can't relax when I'm at home with dogs & kids & distractions...so I never really get the full experience.
14. What is your favorite exercise?
** Running, swimming, and anything social (basketball, group classes, etc)
15. What are your "bad" food cravings?
** sweets and salty....and mixing them is even better!! I love ice cream & cookies and chips, french fries and peanut butter...all in moderation of course. ;)
16. What is your go to workout song?
** Seek and Destroy by Metallica charges me every time! Any hard-hitting metal music really gets me pumped!
17. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
** yep, all natural prenatal vitamins (w/o gelatin or coating) every night (even though I'm done having kids...they're great supplements)
18. How often do you eat out?
** almost every meal
19. Do you eat fast food?
20. How do you stay motivated?
** I train for events, knowing there's an end goal keeps me going. I also look forward to my "me" time working out. With food, I think about how I'll feel after I'm done...that way I try not to stuff myself.
21. Who is your biggest supporter?
** Honestly, myself...but I have a co-worker who asks about my training a lot, and I stay motivated when I can put on my clothes & they're too big!
22. How much weight have you lost?
** Well, since I started training for the 10K, I've lost 12 lbs...but at my heaviest (pregnant), I was at 209...I'm now at a comfortable and healthy 143 (and I'm 5'8")
23. How did you determine your goal weight?
** I use my pre-pregnancy weight of 135 as a goal, but I was a little too thin at that weight, so a few pounds more is fine by me. :) Sparkpeople gave me 146 as a goal...that works too. Really, I'm more concerned with how my body looks and feels than what the scale says.
24. Do you have a gym membership?
** I used to, but I let it run out. I use the gym so much more in the winter months...so it's an odd place for me to decide if I need one. Once the house sells & we get settled, I might find a permanent "gym home" to join with the family so we can all go play. :)
25. How often do you work out?
** 4-6 times per week
26. How did you find Spark?
** My co-worker mentioned it, so I thought I'd check it out...I've been hooked since 2007! :)
27. How much sleep do you get a night?
** Not enough...it's one of my most unhealthy problems...I have insomnia & take forever to fall asleep & then I wake up a lot during the night. I rarely feel tired though, so I just go with it!
28. Are you a morning or night workout person?
** I prefer right after work...it gives me time to blow off the steam from my day.
29. Do you have a "cheat" day?
** Yep, I use the weekends as cheat time, but I'm very careful about it...I stay within my calorie range, I just let myself eat one or two "bad" things each weekend.
30. Do you drink soda?
** I'm a diet soda addict...I know it's bad, but I figure if it's my worst addiction, I'm doing pretty well.
31. Do you drink alcohol? How much?
** I drink red wine every once in a while, but I'm pretty moderate about it (rarely more than 3 drinks a week)
32. What is your favorite thing about Spark?
** The accountability and information that is right at my fingertips
33. What do you not like about your body? What do you love about your body?
** I don't like my stretch marks. I had a tight, smooth tummy before kids & now I have a raisin belly...it's really bad & I'm self-conscious about it, but I wouldn't trade my kids for the world, so it's worth it! I like my overall shape. I'm lucky to carry most of my weight in my butt and boobs, so I'm an hourglass. I feel lucky for that!
34. Do you have a workout buddy?
** I have tried and tried to have a workout buddy, but they all seem to drop off & quit on me...so I fly solo most of the time.
35. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to this Healthy Lifestyle?
** Not much actually. I mean, of course I look and feel better, but I found that if I make a big deal about it or over-analyze it, I get burned out. So, I just do my best, pick back up if I drop off, and enjoy every day of life that I get! :)