Saturday, December 12, 2009
So I'm back. It's been one of those years... no time for me. So I'm going to take some time for me again. So I'm going to try and log in now and again. It's all about what goes in my mouth and how I move around.
Friday, January 16, 2009
and I look hot... okay... I'm not on fire or anything. But this is what 275 looks like. Its me wearing that Wisconsin shirt. When I went to Wisconsin, I bought a XXL shirt. It never fit.... until NOW!!! It's a little tight, but not so much that I won't go into public wearing it. I took the picture when I got home and noticed that I looked good.... So it's a new picture. (sans makeup, extra bags and circles under my eyes) but I still look good.
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Another Year, another set of goals. In previous years I never started resoultions on Jan 1. Why? Everyone else does, and I am just not that kind of person. So I would start Feb 1 or March 1. Did they ever stick? .... Like everyone else. NO. So this year, why not start Jan 1? What's going to hurt?
Here are my resoultions:
1. Manage my diabetes better. Okay it's only been a few months since my diagnosis, but I let myself slip really bad the past few weeks. So Jan 1. I'll will test everyday, twice a day like the doctors want. I will take my medications (Metformin and Byetta) even though I hate the needles!!!
2. Eat better. I hate feeling like blah. My body is screaming at me about the carbs I did eat... so I've got to listen. I started e-diets again and the living with diabetes plan. I did really well a few years ago on that. Plus the journaling of the food is kind of already done for me. Makes dietician appointments MUCH easier. :)
3. Excersise. I just have to get off my lazy butt and work out. I hate fighting the gym at this time of the year, but I have my Gazzelle in my office, what excuse do I have??? 10 minutes is more than none! I even have the Wii Fit. Again... what excuse do I have???
4. Do more for me. Take a break. 15 minutes of quiet time. No phones, no email, nothing. Just me and my thoughts. I've been doing this now and again and has improved my blood pressure without meds. So I've just got to keep it up
5. Stay up on chores. (Another sneaky way to include excersise!!)
6. Stay on top of homework/readings. With work getting crazy (with the promotion/but still doing my job too) I've been letting homework get away from me.
So we'll see how well this works. I might be back Feb 1 setting new set of goals or revamping these. :)
Saturday, November 15, 2008
The summer was crazy and so was the fall and it's still going. Work went crazy. We gained several really big accounts, and we were rolling out a new tech product. Which I somehow became the master guru to it. I guess because the other guys were not pulling thier weight. I also went back to school in July and should be done Jan 2010, just before my sister (huge goal for me!!) So...I'm trying this again. I got a wake up call about 4 weeks ago. I was really tired and had some reoccuring yeast infections (YUCK!). So I called up my doctor and had him run some blood work. I already knew the diagnosis before I called, but it had to be confirmed.
Diabetes. He put me on some meds that made me feel so sick I thought I was going to die. Metformin. He wanted me on it until I saw the endrocronolgist. Then he increased the dosage. The meds are good in lowering my gluclose. It's still high, but better. It also has a lovely effect of blocking fat, carbs, and sugar. Which in effect, I have lost 15 lbs on it, because if I eat something that's not right, I'm sick. So the only things that are working are salads with little to no dressing and protein.
I go back in about two weeks for a follow up and some blood work to find out if it's type I or type II. It could be type I since I have a family history of it and my age. I really hope it's type II.
I'm coming back to sparkpeople for some recipies and to keep myself in check. When I used it earlier this year it really helped me find time for myself (working out). Up to about 4 weeks ago, I wasn't giving time to myself. Just everyone else.
Wish me luck!!
Monday, August 11, 2008
I've been running around like crazy between school, work, and family stuff that's been going on. I hadn't been to the gym in about 4 weeks and I could SO feel it. So I dragged my butt there on Saturday. 45 minutes and no pain. YEAH! And I measured myself. Only a pound gained. SWEET. So now I'm trying to watch what I eat, but it's hard when I know that I am going to leave at lunch. If I stay in, I tend to pack a good lunch. But as stressful it has been getting at work (headache all day everyday) I make myself leave the stress for an hour. But then I end up eating something bad like fast food. Once they fire the idiot... I'll go back to being less stressed, sleeping more, and packing my lunch... but until then...... just pray for me...
Get An Email Alert Each Time ITPHONEGIRL Posts