Monday, January 21, 2008
This cold is starting to go away and I can't take being away from the gym ANY LONGER!
I have my bag packed and I'm going at 2pm today to start my treck back into getting in shape. My roommate also is joining my gym tomorrow after returning from her vacation. :-) She was my workout buddy back in the goold ol' college days and we always went without fail back then. I know our friendly competetiveness (and trust me, it's friendly) won't allow us to skip out on a workout. (Even if we convince ourselves at 6am that we should sleep in, we won't, for fear that we'll be letting the other one down). Sometimes that outside sense of duty is a good thing - espeically when you're getting back into the swing of things.
I'm so excited to be getting my health back on track!
Things I'm happy about today:
1. I'm working on a day off, so I'm getting 3x the amount of work done without other distractions, which will allow me to take a day off later this week. yippee!!!!
2. Going back to the gym. I really cannot exclaim enough how happy I am to be able to do this.
3. Things are going great with the boyfriend. It's great when you find someone that you can really relate to who helps you keep all things in perspective.
4. I had a really good weekend with my family -I saw family members who I haven't seen in awhile and it was great to just hang out with them.
5. THE PATRIOTS ARE MAKING IT TO THE SUPERBOWL!! YEAH!!!!!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
All things clicked into place. I left work yesterday stressed as could be, but my boyfriend made me go out to dinner. I resisted at first, wanting to go home b/c I though I wouldn't be good company, but he was right - I needed a break from the norm and to go out and just have a good time.
And because of that, it took a couple hours to fully unwind, but I slept sooooo good last night. Woke up on my own this morning and just really feel ready to face the day. I never feel this 'together' on the day of a deadline, but for some reason I really feel like everything is going to run smoothly.
so things to be glad about:
1. Had a full night's rest
2. Woke up 30 minutes earlier than normal
3. Got extra dressed up today for work, which makes me feel really good
4. Already started updating my online tracker on Sparkpeople
5. Am ready to dive into work.
Let's make sure the rest of the day stays on track!!!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Well, nothing new on the cold front - I'm hoping that the antibiotics kick this cold's butt since I'm on week 3 and it shows no sign of letting up!
HOWEVER, I am pleased to say the following:
1. I've been MUCH better on tracking my food intake. I did submit to having a handful of M&M's, but I have been very healthy otherwise, and I think I'll still end the day within my calorie range.
2. I am in the middle of my busy season at work and things are stressful. Normally I would have freaked out by now, but I've really done well and reminded myself that freaking out will NOT complete the job. Just focusing on each step at a time to work through my pile. I've been much more efficient that way
3. Make time for myself. I left public accounting b/c it demanded too much of my personal time and I was burnt out. My current job started to do the same, but this week I've taken a stand on how late I will stay every day. My boyfriend is driving 2 hours to take me out to dinner and since I haven't seen him in a week, I deserve a break to see the people i care about.
4. Getting ahead. With #3 said, I did work over the weekend. not for a deadline, but for me. To get ahead, which is allowing me to take the break tonight after working 11 hrs!
I'm not even attempting working out until next week - I need to kick this stupid cold!!!!!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Well, the sinus infection won't go away and I've now lost my voice totally, so no cardio for me for another couple of days, but I AM getting better at drinking my water, tracking my food and staying in my calorie range (although I did go over Saturday, but I just couldn't stop myself from fully enjoying the Patriots game party I went to and I refuse to feel guilty about it!)
I hope to make it back to the gym on Wednesday, when the antibiotics hopefully make me all better - 3 weeks of this getting worse and worse is enough!!!
Good things to feel about today:
1. went into work yesterday, got 2 days worth of work done on a Sunday b/c no one was there, and although it WAS a weekend day, I had no plans and am no longer stressing out about what is on my plate at work.
2. Got up and made it into work in spite of the snow storm (I live 3 miles away so it's not that bad) and since no one else came in got about 2 MORE days of work done. I can take a long weekend now to go away with my boyfriend snowmobiling!
3. Completed 8 out of 10 things on my personal to do list which were hanging over my head
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Well, I did go to the gym on Friday, but had the worst time trying to breathe and not cough on everyone every other second. I just started antibiotics yesterday, so hopefully everything will clear up this week and I can resume working out. I'm starting to feel sluggish! Ick!
Get An Email Alert Each Time IRISHGIRL3 Posts