Monday, January 02, 2012
Well, I haven't gained most of my weight back, but I definitely am not in the shape I was before my car accident a few years ago. I'm now motivated to really concentrate on getting healthier - I am just a happier, more confident person when I feel better about how I look.
Also a good motivation is a boyfriend who is extremely healthy - luckily he isn't pushy and he says he thinks I look perfect, but seeing his health habits I think will be a great motivator. In the past I dated guys who didn't take care of themselves and I would eventually lose motivation and stop taking care of myself.
Here's to a healthy 2012!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
OK, well I didn't mean to fall off track, but I did exactly that. Last week I got angry with myself and was completely grumpy all weekend. Yesterday, I realized that I could continue being grumpy and mad at myself, or just accept it that sometimes these things do happen. I'm not a bad person, I'm not going to get yelled at, I just need to refocus and start again.
With that said, I'm baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
And to start off with my list of things that I'm happy about:
1. That I AM getting back on track. I know the next week will be tough, but I know that a couple weeks from now I will feel so. much. better.
2. My busy season with work end next week, so I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
3. I saw friends this past weekend that I have not seen since Christmas time. It was really nice to hang out with them again.
4. I had a great weekend with my bf, which was nice since our work schedules for the next 3 weeks are completely opposite and I won't really be able to see him.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Wel I did it. I kept saying I would start working out again, and although I was held back by a horrible cold, I'm getting back on track. Day 2. I know the worst is yet to come but I do know that it takes 21 days to create a habit (or at least that is what i've found in the past), so as long as I remind myself that by mid February I'm going ot geel better about waking up 2 hours earlier than before to hit the gym, I'll be fine.
Things to be happy about today:
1. Did my MST homework a day early, so I won't be stressed out about it tonight, when my BF comes to visit me
2. Although got stuck at work yesterday, I still made it to the gym
3. Woke up early and made it to the gym today, and had a good workout. I really feel energized right now
4. May be because of #3, but I got lots of compliments on my appearance today. I think that being a bit more awake while getting ready allowed me to spend a little more time on my appearance while getting ready
5. food-wise I'm already on the right track and today just seems like it's going to run smoothly.
Monday, January 21, 2008
This cold is starting to go away and I can't take being away from the gym ANY LONGER!
I have my bag packed and I'm going at 2pm today to start my treck back into getting in shape. My roommate also is joining my gym tomorrow after returning from her vacation. :-) She was my workout buddy back in the goold ol' college days and we always went without fail back then. I know our friendly competetiveness (and trust me, it's friendly) won't allow us to skip out on a workout. (Even if we convince ourselves at 6am that we should sleep in, we won't, for fear that we'll be letting the other one down). Sometimes that outside sense of duty is a good thing - espeically when you're getting back into the swing of things.
I'm so excited to be getting my health back on track!
Things I'm happy about today:
1. I'm working on a day off, so I'm getting 3x the amount of work done without other distractions, which will allow me to take a day off later this week. yippee!!!!
2. Going back to the gym. I really cannot exclaim enough how happy I am to be able to do this.
3. Things are going great with the boyfriend. It's great when you find someone that you can really relate to who helps you keep all things in perspective.
4. I had a really good weekend with my family -I saw family members who I haven't seen in awhile and it was great to just hang out with them.
5. THE PATRIOTS ARE MAKING IT TO THE SUPERBOWL!! YEAH!!!!!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
All things clicked into place. I left work yesterday stressed as could be, but my boyfriend made me go out to dinner. I resisted at first, wanting to go home b/c I though I wouldn't be good company, but he was right - I needed a break from the norm and to go out and just have a good time.
And because of that, it took a couple hours to fully unwind, but I slept sooooo good last night. Woke up on my own this morning and just really feel ready to face the day. I never feel this 'together' on the day of a deadline, but for some reason I really feel like everything is going to run smoothly.
so things to be glad about:
1. Had a full night's rest
2. Woke up 30 minutes earlier than normal
3. Got extra dressed up today for work, which makes me feel really good
4. Already started updating my online tracker on Sparkpeople
5. Am ready to dive into work.
Let's make sure the rest of the day stays on track!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time IRISHGIRL3 Posts