Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Hey everyone! 10 pounds gone!! Down to 186.1 EVEN WITH VEGAS!!
**does the Wii Hula Dance**
A - Available or married? - Al Bundy Married (that's a reeeeeaaally long time)
B- Book? - Puentes something or other...(Spanish class)
C- Cake or Pie - Cake, I'll eat the INSIDE of a pie, but everyone says that doesn't count.
D- Drink of Choice? Coffee!!!!!
E- Essential Item? - computer
F- Favorite Color? - Red Robin Neon Colbolt Blue (say that 3x fast)
G- Game to play or watch? - Play: Texas Holdem and watch FOOTBALL
H- Hometown? Spanaway WA (same as Kim's!!)
I- Indulgence? Starbucks (yummmm COFFEE)
J- Job? Mom, Full time Student , and as Roseanne would say "Domestic Goddess"
K- Kids and names? Miranda Panda 18, Maureen 13, and Trinity 12
L- Life is incomplete without? - My family and friends ....and mabye Starbucks.
M- Music group or singer? If it's from the 80s, I probably have it....
N- Number of siblings? - one of each
O- Oranges or apples? - Oranges....naval.
P- Phobias/Fears? LOTS of em...including the phobia of phobia **shudders**
Q- Favorite Quote? I know God only gives us what we can handle. I just wish he didn't trust me with so much. (Mother Teresa)
R- Reason to Smile? - cuz there's no reason not to :o)
S- Season? -End of Summer ...it is, isn't it?
T- Tattoos? I want to get one on my ankle...hmmm pain as a reward. wow.
U- Unknown fact about me? Cant sleep with my feet covered, even in winter and can't sleep without my body covered even in 110 degrees.
V- Vegetable you love? All of them...though just tried frozen something green (mustard?) blek...
W- Worst habit? Not finishing what I've started. **sound familiar everyone??**
X- X-Rays you've had? This would almost be easier to answer what I HAVEN'T had done.....just saying. Guess they couldn't come up with a better X question.
Y- Your favorite food? - anything I don't have to cook////yes Kim ...that sounds good to me too.
Z- Zodiac? Scorpion
Thursday, August 05, 2010
Thanks TerriJWall224 :o) These are grrreat!
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die. (Cutiepie, you got this covered, right?)
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
23. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
24. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
25. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
26. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to fall after leaning your chair back a little too far.
27. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
28. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my ass everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
Wednesday, August 04, 2010
Life seems to be barreling right over the top of me. It's not like I haven't been moving or working, but I haven't been tracking or Working OUT this week. Which sucks because I'm supposed to be on my 6 weeks or bust challenge! UGH!
Today I will be making 40 pounds of potato salad for Humdinger BBQ's sale at the Air Force Base. I have about that same amount of laundry to do. Getting house and menu's ready for our Rush Concert and our trip to Vegas next week. Holy moly! I hope Rush sings my theme song: Time Stand Still. Cuz right now I am FEELING it.
So, I apologize in advance for not loggin in and attending the message boards. My husbnad is a very demanding kid and needs his attention time! LOL He was actually complaining that "you were working out 3 hours last week and that..." I just looked at him sideways. Probably becasue my first reaction was "I'm doing this for you......" But, instantly I knew, I was doing this for ME. I just smiled and rolled it off my shoulders. A trick of the trade after 22 years, ya know?
Going to go make my potato salad. Start smoking the pork, do some laundry, kitchen and if it cools down enough tonight I will go for a run. Or if hubby desires a walk with him. He seems to like those. You would think the guy would get bored of me after all these years....you would hope! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm joking really. **shhheeeeeze**
Have a fantabulous day everyone! I'm hoping to have my web page set up this week for "Flab2fabs". I have the Team BB (not allowed to solicit here) up but I'd like to get my OWN page up. Looks more professional I'm thinking.
Now I'm just rambling....procrastinating if you will! LOL
Thank you again all my wonderful Sparkies. I must confess I'm truly addicted to each and everyone of you.....hey, new theme song: "hopelessly devoted to youuuuuuu"
tee hee!! Keep pushing play everyone and well, just keep pushing!! We can do this! Even when hubby is cooking stuff like this:
Monday, July 26, 2010
I'm not sure how it happened.
Or believing that it really DID happen.
I've been trying for so very very long!
But, there it is. I stepped on the scale Saturday after my last blog and it said; "you weight 188.3". I looked at my husband and said "that can't be right" and stepped on it again.....and again.
I have been teeter tottering with the low 190s for over a year now. Always making excuses of "quit smoking weight" or WHATEVER. Not understanding or absorbing that it was truly lack of commitment, not focusing weight.
Let me tell you. Part of me is jumping up and down. I did it I did it I did it! But, truthfully, the other 75% of me is slapping my face "get a grip, woman! You'll gain it all back in a blink of an eye if you're not careful!!"
In other news: Humdinger BBQ was born this past weekend. My family and I help my husband set up his booth at the Brewfest. The next day we sold at the Rockin for Riley fundraiser. All in all it wasn't a bad first weekend. We made our food money back and I think my whole family had a great time! I forgot to eat most of the weekend (or didn't have time, pick one) and feel like I got run over by a semi truck, but that's okay. I still just FEEL good. I drank my Shakeology to help maintain nutrition and energy. At night, and since it was the weekend, it was Jack and Diet. LOL Hey, I may be trying to get healthy, but I'm not dead!
I am on Week 3 of my Slim in 6 challenge and more determined than ever to finish since the 5 pound loss. Now, I can't WAIT to see what's next! Boredom has now taken a back seat to a more intense "this is really working" motivation factor!
As far as my running: I'm still working on my shoes/shins. I refuse to give up! I have taken the advice of one of (what I like to call) a dear Sparkfriend and tried all sorts of shoes, including good ol cheap Champions. Wouldn't ya know it? So far they've been the best on my shins. I've done some nice extensive walking...even in the 100 degree weather, but running...still kind of saving that one. I want to get in more miles for my group: The Thongs. (I still laugh when I say that!!!!) THONGS! hahahahahahahahahah
I just finished cleaning all the roasters, pans, grills, utensils, and what not from this weekend. Time to order dinner...get my brain together, and work out. Maybe work out THEN put my brain together. Yeah.
Got Vegas in a month! Gonna get re-married. Strange. I don't look any different, but I know that's a coming!!
I feel good.
Like I knew that I would.
I feeeeeeeeel goood...
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Yep...today is my Sparkaversary. As I sit here and say that, my first reaction was "and I haven't achieved a darn thing..."
But, I have.
It has taken a year, but with Spark I have been able to see that it IS a life changing experience.
I have achieved motivation to keep trying.
I have learned about running shoes and nutrition. (Did you know that a wine cooler has 250 calories??? Give me a Whiskey/Diet please)
I have met some really really great people on here....and that means I'm not alone!
I'm achieving water. For years, I've had such a bad repore with water (Erin Brokovich ring a bell??) so, it was hard for me to swallow (literally)... now, I may die of chemical poisoning, but my body has 14 glasses of water a day!!
I've created and participated in challenges!
I ran!! (sorta LOL)
I became a Beachbody Coach for crying out loud!! LOL
AND, I just FEEL better.
Now, this next year....well. all b*s'ing aside, I fully intend on losing the weight. My insides are feeling good, so this year will be forcusing on the OUTSIDE!
This first goal is freaking simple (yeah....um...) I want to get in the dang 180s. We all have our number. You know...the one that "plagues" us. mine is 189. I teeter in the low 190s (actually made it to 190.1 at one point) and then "wham" back to 197. My fault mostly, I get excited and slack off. Remember the 3 week plateu? Yep, that's when it usually happens. NOT THIS TIME!!
Last time I checked, I was weighing around 192.2. I'm still Burnin it Up on my DVDs and today my youngest and I plan on doing a 4 miles or more walk. My gut will get it's fat butt on the scale at 189 in the next 2 weeks. Then it will STAY there or get lower! No TOM excuses, no "almost" garbage! I'm doing this and I'm doing it now!!
**calms down** Got a little crazy there.... dang, that was kind of fun.
Get An Email Alert Each Time HOPEFULHIPPO Posts