Monday, October 25, 2010
I guess I had some major PMS last time we spoke!
Now, I'm feeling fine.
I'm feeling like I've neglected myself, my team, and my efforts for way too long. This morning I brought my cup of coffee up stairs and did some de cluttering of my own. I will probably take some time in school and really write out a list of what I want to do, what I want done, and how I am going to get this accomplished.
I know this list will entail my exercise routine again...I want to get my web page up, I want to start a fitness club or something good.
Yup, I love the feeling of ambition at the beginning.
Only, it's not the beginning. Wow! That makes this feeling 1,000 times better.
Off to massacre my Spanish lesson. My family says I sound like "an angry Franch man".... :o)
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Here I am sitting here listening to Spanish music (not understanding a single word) in the hopes of grasping something out of this class and I thought; "I really need to write down my thoughts" If for no other reason than to calm this confetti scattered mind of mine down.
The last time I was on here I just had some drama in my house. Unfortuneately, it is not the first time. Without getting into too many details, it involved a gun, my kids and the cops. I handled it very well until those fateful words: "why do you stay with him when he's like this?" I felt like one of those "losers" on COPS. I think I may have actually died a little bit. It was at this time I realized... I AM an emotional eater.
I found myself eating brats and thinking "I really don't LIKE brats". And I don't. It's strange to think I didn't KNOW that before. I wondered what other foods I was doing that with....probably a lot. I was eating because it FELT good even if something really didn't TASTE good.
However strange this new binge eating habit has not affected my weight too terribly much. I don't know if it's because of the gym class I am taking (but haven't been tracking) or what, but my weight is only 2 pounds more than on my tracker. I don't want to change it until I get heavy back on my Spark program.
I am the only leader on my poor team. They probably are aware I have abandoned them by now! LOL I have got to get my thoughts back together and a schedule of something. I've got to meditate.......SOMETHING!! Will anyone help me lead? I'm afraid I'm not a very good motivator at this time....
I'm still struggling with things. I miss running...even if I ran 30 seconds at a time, it was a time to think thoughts and try to sort through them. I think about running almost daily and feel....well, in a rut. I know it won't give me answers I am seeking, but, I guess I'm hoping it leads to a direction of clearer thoughts. I wish I could just ask the all knowing "what am I supposed to do here'? Maybe I should go get my new running shoes ( I never did get them, but threw away those awful Reeboks). and hope an epiphany emerges.
Until then, I am trying to be aware of what I put into my mouth. Not for just the weight factor, but, just realizing that it really WON'T make me feel better. Food, I guess, can be just a big of a mask as the alcohol he's hiding behind. One of us is going to have to come out from behind our mask. I think I'm just afraid to find out what I might find.
Thursday, September 09, 2010
I've been re adjusting my schedule and haven't been able to breathe just yet. However, I came across this in my email and just had to share.
I wonder if we could do this for food too?
One Light Bulb at a Time
A physics teacher in high school, once told the
students that while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't
slow a train very much, a billion of them would. With that thought
in mind, read the following, obviously written by a good American ..
Good idea .. . . one light bulb at a time .. . . .
Check this out . I can verify this because I was in Lowe's the other day for
some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose
attachments. They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace
Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose
attachments there. They were made in USA . Start looking ..
In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects
someone else - even their job. So, after reading this email, I think this
lady is on the right track. Let's get behind her!
My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is marked
made in Mexico now. I do not buy it any more.
My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico .... now
I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything ..
This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was
in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand
labeled, "Everyday Value." I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats -
they were the same except for the price..
The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the
thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO
and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in
a company in Cleveland , Ohio .
So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that
are made right here..
So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets....yep, you guessed it,
Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value
brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday
and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using
for years and at almost half the price!
My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for
everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the
job you save may be your own or your neighbors!
If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so
we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying
from overseas companies!
(We should have awakened a decade ago)
Let's get with the program.....help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the USA
I Passed this on ......... will you???????
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Hey everyone! 10 pounds gone!! Down to 186.1 EVEN WITH VEGAS!!
**does the Wii Hula Dance**
A - Available or married? - Al Bundy Married (that's a reeeeeaaally long time)
B- Book? - Puentes something or other...(Spanish class)
C- Cake or Pie - Cake, I'll eat the INSIDE of a pie, but everyone says that doesn't count.
D- Drink of Choice? Coffee!!!!!
E- Essential Item? - computer
F- Favorite Color? - Red Robin Neon Colbolt Blue (say that 3x fast)
G- Game to play or watch? - Play: Texas Holdem and watch FOOTBALL
H- Hometown? Spanaway WA (same as Kim's!!)
I- Indulgence? Starbucks (yummmm COFFEE)
J- Job? Mom, Full time Student , and as Roseanne would say "Domestic Goddess"
K- Kids and names? Miranda Panda 18, Maureen 13, and Trinity 12
L- Life is incomplete without? - My family and friends ....and mabye Starbucks.
M- Music group or singer? If it's from the 80s, I probably have it....
N- Number of siblings? - one of each
O- Oranges or apples? - Oranges....naval.
P- Phobias/Fears? LOTS of em...including the phobia of phobia **shudders**
Q- Favorite Quote? I know God only gives us what we can handle. I just wish he didn't trust me with so much. (Mother Teresa)
R- Reason to Smile? - cuz there's no reason not to :o)
S- Season? -End of Summer ...it is, isn't it?
T- Tattoos? I want to get one on my ankle...hmmm pain as a reward. wow.
U- Unknown fact about me? Cant sleep with my feet covered, even in winter and can't sleep without my body covered even in 110 degrees.
V- Vegetable you love? All of them...though just tried frozen something green (mustard?) blek...
W- Worst habit? Not finishing what I've started. **sound familiar everyone??**
X- X-Rays you've had? This would almost be easier to answer what I HAVEN'T had done.....just saying. Guess they couldn't come up with a better X question.
Y- Your favorite food? - anything I don't have to cook////yes Kim ...that sounds good to me too.
Z- Zodiac? Scorpion
Thursday, August 05, 2010
Thanks TerriJWall224 :o) These are grrreat!
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die. (Cutiepie, you got this covered, right?)
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
23. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
24. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
25. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
26. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to fall after leaning your chair back a little too far.
27. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
28. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my ass everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
Get An Email Alert Each Time HOPEFULHIPPO Posts