There have been rumors that there will be changes at the company I work for.
Well its been confirmed (kind of) - my position has been eliminated. What does that mean? Nobody can tell me.
Do I stay a part of management? Do I still have a job? Do I get busted to a union associate? Do I get assigned to a location 2 hours from my house if I get to keep a similar job? How does it affect my paycheck and benefits?
I have to wait to find out until I'm officially spoken to by someone else from the corporate office
You may wonder when. I don't know, I was told when it happens it will happen. The person who told me may have wanted to give me a heads up. I think its like pulling a bandaid off...just do it. Why make us swing in the wind.
On a positive note:
- I did not stop and get the giant size of chips on the way home
- I did not stop at the local burger barf for a huge burger and humongous order of fries
- I am changing how I handle stress
- I went for a walk, made a phone call and had a normal dinner
- I realized I cant do anything about their decision until I know what the out come will be
Thank you, to all of you for helping me to change my habits.
So I walk into the house and there are candles lit. Mind you middle of the day beautiful outside. I ask whats with the candles. The response I get - "The cat litter smells" so I say change it, the response " no its easier to light the candles"
To others they are probably obvious - but I can be stubborn
- I like drinking water, soda is now to sweet
- Walking outside is peaceful (and my me time)
- small changes are easier than big ones
- Its not all about the scale, I am down two sizes and I have more energy
- I really like fresh fruit and veggies