Monday, May 05, 2014
Last week was ups and downs. These were last weeks goals:
1. Eat clean - Over half the week I stuck with this. I faltered on Saturday night with a fastfood run after working my second job.
2. Walk Everyday and do 15 miles for the week - Made this goal and actually walked 22 miles for the week!!
3. Strength train 3 days - I did 2 days - which is better than none
4. Not let anything stress me - Did pretty good didn't stress eat, just tired eat.
So goals for this week:
1. Eat Clean - no late night junk food
2. Limit carbs (ie pasta, rice, bread, crackers) to lunch only
3. Walk everyday - I will walk 20 miles this week
4. Strength train 3 days this week
5. When I become tired - take nap or make a cup of herbal tea - Do not eat when tired!!
Friday, May 02, 2014
Wednesday I went for a walk after work. It was quite breezy but still a rather lovely day. My daughter and I planned on just a 3 mile walk. I downloaded a new walking app to my phone and we headed out the door. During the walk my daughter asked me how far we had walked and when I looked at my phone it was reading in km instead of miles. I converted correctly and knew we needed to walk another 2 km before we could turn around and head back home. Well, it must have changed to miles during our walk and we ended up walking 6 miles!! I kept telling my daughter that something didn't seem right, but she was enjoying the walk and I was too. Then again the first half of the walk is a nice gradual downhill slope. The walk back was the real workout!! I will definitely hit my 15 miles this week and then some.
I have stayed within my calories and said no to cookies these past few days. Wednesday night my husband and daughter ran out to the grocery store to pick up epsom salt and came back with 3 different types of ice cream, 3 different types of cookies, and 2 bags of chips!! I have just ignored all of the junk and when I am craving something sweet I make a cup of herbal tea. I didn't even look to see what type of ice cream and cookies they bought. I blame myself for them grabbing junk because I had told them to grab a few things to get them through the rest of the week because I would be working every night and would not be cooking dinner for them.
Speaking of cooking dinner...I made the Marsala Chicken recipe from the Spark Recipe list and it was delicious!! I also have found a way to utilize the stalks of broccoli. I shred them and saute them up in olive oil with garlic seasoning along with shredded carrots and zucchini. YUMMY!!
Monday, April 28, 2014
I was in a funk these past few days. I think it is the weather. We went from 50 - 60 degrees days to 30 degrees and snowing. I am over winter and ready for spring!! Plus my second job was hectic this past week and really put me in a bad mood.
It's a new week and even though we have 8 inches of snow on the ground I plan on doing a workout this afternoon. My knee has been feeling really good these past few days and I actually forget that it has a torn ACL somedays.
So my goal this week is to:
1. Eat clean - no more cookies!! (My husband baked cookies all weekend and I indulged)
2. Walk everyday even if it is just inside. I will walk 15 miles this week.
3. Strength train 3 days this week.
4. Not let anything stress me...if I can't control it I won't let it control me!!
I have started Monday off good with healthy breakfast and lunch. Now I must stick with my plans for today and not stray. I can do this!! I will do this!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time HEALTHY_42 Posts