Thursday, June 14, 2012
I am starting a summer challenge and committing to a specific "Healthy Bucket list" that I will continue for the summer months!!
1. Exercise 5 days a week on my exercise bike or riding outside on my bike with my family on nice weekend days.
2. Using my twister board for 20 to 30 minutes 1 time per week and building up to 2 days per week over the summer.
3. Go for a mile walk with my dh 2 - 3 days per week to increase my weight bearing exercise for my bone density needs.
4. Lift weights and do my fibromyalgia and core strenghening exercises 3 days per week each.
5. Track my food before I eat it and stay within my calorie, fiber, fat and cholesterol levels.
6. Increase my servings of fiber, fruit and vegetables so that I have 25 to 35 gms of fiber daily
7. Read one healthy article a day and act on one new piece of knowledge per week by making a new recipe, adding in a new exercise or applying one new truth to how I live my life.
8. Do one desired thing each day to "improve" or "benefit' me or for my life environment: ,example...de-clutter a drawer, sit out on my patio and read a book, sew something, do an art of craft project, go for a walk in the park with a friend, read a story with a child!! (reason for this goal is that I often feel like I go for days just doing responsibilities and I want this to be different!)
9. Enjoy the summer weather...get outside for a minimum of 1 hour per day!
Well those are my physical and emotional health goals for the summer!! I am excited to start on this new season and to challenge myself to stay the course to a healthier me!! My summer will be filled with a family reunion, camping and biking trip to the Oregon coast, family barbecues to celebrate both of my dd's (one is graduating and one is engaged to be married) and I am so looking forward to warmer weather and days to hike and bike in the great out of doors!! What about you sparkbuddies? Are you ready for a summer full of healthy choices?? What's on your Healthy Bucket list?? Lets make the next season in our lives count!!! We can do it!!