Monday, October 22, 2012
These motivational quotes that were posted as part of the Blog of the day on my start page really are amazing. Had to put them in my blog for the day so that I could come back and read them over and over. Hope they inspire you too!!
Impossible = I am possible
Fail to plan = plan to fail
"Never, never, never, never give up" - Winston Churchill
Just Do It Nike
If you don't take care of yourself, you canot take care of anyone else. Father Richard Lesnick
The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince. Vince Lombardi
Whether you think you can or you canot, you're right. Henry Ford
If you don't like something, change it. IF you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain. Maya Angelou
The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. Victor E. Frankl
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Thomas Jefferson
The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives. William James
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure. Colin Powell
I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen. Frank Lloyd Wright
The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat. Napoleon Hill
It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not. James Gordon
What you eat in private will show up in public. Unknown
Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable. Zig Ziglar
Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but because of lack of commitment. Vince Lombardi
It's in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. Anthony Robbins
Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work. H.L. Hunt
We never repent of having eaten too little. Thomas Jefferson
Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself. Elie Wiesel
The world of achievement has always belonged to the optimist. Harold Wilkins
The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win. Roger Bannister
The first and the best victory is to conquer self. Plato
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be. David Viscott
You may delay, but time will not. Benjamin Franklin
If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end. Julius Erving
Do or do not. There is no try. Yoda
I'm not telling you it's going to be easy I'm telling you it's going to be worth it. Art Williams
Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I built my life. J.K. Rowling
Thursday, June 14, 2012
I am starting a summer challenge and committing to a specific "Healthy Bucket list" that I will continue for the summer months!!
1. Exercise 5 days a week on my exercise bike or riding outside on my bike with my family on nice weekend days.
2. Using my twister board for 20 to 30 minutes 1 time per week and building up to 2 days per week over the summer.
3. Go for a mile walk with my dh 2 - 3 days per week to increase my weight bearing exercise for my bone density needs.
4. Lift weights and do my fibromyalgia and core strenghening exercises 3 days per week each.
5. Track my food before I eat it and stay within my calorie, fiber, fat and cholesterol levels.
6. Increase my servings of fiber, fruit and vegetables so that I have 25 to 35 gms of fiber daily
7. Read one healthy article a day and act on one new piece of knowledge per week by making a new recipe, adding in a new exercise or applying one new truth to how I live my life.
8. Do one desired thing each day to "improve" or "benefit' me or for my life environment: ,example...de-clutter a drawer, sit out on my patio and read a book, sew something, do an art of craft project, go for a walk in the park with a friend, read a story with a child!! (reason for this goal is that I often feel like I go for days just doing responsibilities and I want this to be different!)
9. Enjoy the summer weather...get outside for a minimum of 1 hour per day!
Well those are my physical and emotional health goals for the summer!! I am excited to start on this new season and to challenge myself to stay the course to a healthier me!! My summer will be filled with a family reunion, camping and biking trip to the Oregon coast, family barbecues to celebrate both of my dd's (one is graduating and one is engaged to be married) and I am so looking forward to warmer weather and days to hike and bike in the great out of doors!! What about you sparkbuddies? Are you ready for a summer full of healthy choices?? What's on your Healthy Bucket list?? Lets make the next season in our lives count!!! We can do it!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time HEALTHYBARB1 Posts