Sunday, March 04, 2007
First I have to say that I'm very proud of myself. Today was not one of my scheduled cardio days, but I decided to go for a walk this morning. And it was a cold 30 degrees out...brrrrrrrrr. I felt terriffic when I got home and made some hot green tea with honey to have with an orange. I feel so wonderful when I'm living the healthy life, why would I ever do something different?
A while ago, I did a 'Clarity through Contrast' worksheet. It helps you to gain clarity about what you really want by first listing the things you don't like about your present situation. Once I listed what I wanted, I turned them into affirmations. I am committing to read these every morning and whenever I'm feeling out of sync with my goal. (When I first did this, my weight goal was 140, but since I was 14 years old the last time I weighed that, I decided to also set mid-goals. My first goal is to get under 200, next is 175 size 14, then 160 size 12. Once I've reached that, I just may go for the 140--DARE TO DREAM.)
Here's my list:
My Ideal Weight Situation Ė Clarity:
1. I weigh 140, a healthy weight according to height/weight charts (133-144 for 5í6Ē medium frame)
2. My BMI is 23 = Normal
3. My waist measurement is 25 (less than 35Ē = healthy/no risk for heart disease)
4. My Blood pressure normal: 120/80 or less
5. I wear a size 8-10
6. My body is firm with good muscle tone
7. I look fit and attractive
8. My clothes are stylish, attractive, and fit comfortably
9. I feel comfortable in summer, even on a hot and humid day
10. Itís easy for me to stick to healthy, life-giving foods as a life-long lifestyle
11. I prefer fresh fruit and vegetables over sweet, fat-laden foods. Gooey desserts do not appeal to me because they taste too rich.
12. I eat slowly and savor the flavor in the food I eat. I stay focused on what I am eating and eat consciously at all times.
13. I eat small portions. If I still am feeling hungry, I take some more. I often feel satisfied with a small amount of food.
14. I eat only for physical hunger. If I am angry, I discuss it or I dissipate it with exercise. If I am sad, I discuss it or I journal my feelings. If I need to feel loved, I ask for a hug or give out love to another. If I feel relieved or glad after getting through something tough, I reward myself with some flowers or a book. If Iím bored, I call a friend, go for a walk, read a good book or watch an uplifting movieÖor suggest to hubby we go do something FUN !
15. I never eat when Iím not feeling hungry. It doesnít matter what time it is or what everyone else is doing. I wait to eat until I feel physically hungry.
16. I stop eating when I feel physically full. I dislike the feeling of over-fullness so I never eat more than what feels comfortable.
17. I love myself and am proud of my accomplishments and choices.
18. I feel self confident. I am always willing to try new things and am adventurous and carefree.
19. I love the way I look. I make the most of all my assets and am pleased when I look in the mirror.
20. I always have vibrant energy. I get a lot of things done during the day and always have vitality and energy to spare.
21. I feel great all the time, absent from aches, pains or health worries.
22. I am happy that I am living a fulfilling life and am no longer dragged down by my weight. I live life to the fullest and enjoy all it has to offer.
23. I rarely think about food. Sometimes I forget to eat when Iím busy or having fun. I eat to nourish and strengthen my body.
24. Losing weight is a natural process when I listen to what my body needs and only eat when I am hungry. I donít have to even think about it, it just happens naturally as I am living my life in a healthy way.
25. Food is not important to me. I donít want fattening things. They donít tempt me.
26. Incorporating a healthy lifestyle makes me feel good and ensures that I always maintain a healthy weight easily and permanently.