Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Actually not so ran dumb, just random notes. have not been posting in a long time, not just here but on my live journal too.
So, here's what's happened in the last month since I've written.
1) Dianne Carol-Lee Leverette born 12/26/09. about 7 pm (don't ask me how she held off 'til I got over to the hospital after work but she did. she weighed 7 lb 15 oz so not quite 8 pounds. I'll try to post pix of her today.
2) I don't have any new pictures though, 'cause I can not get the pix to unload onto the computer from the camera so everything is at least 3 weeks old. I tried new usb cord and new batteries. It's either in the camera software itself (which I doubt 'cause everything else works correctly), the usb plug in (which is a very real possibility, or the computer software (which would annoy but not surprise me)
3) my oldest daughter came out for a week third week in Jan to see the baby and the rest of the family. The weather cooperated most of her trip so we did get to do some hiking around. Not that I hadn't been making a pig of myself while she was here and needed to walk. LOL
4) it's finally warming up. Last night was the first night in a few months that I didn't need to turn the heater on in my room in addition to the furnace. This pleases me because it means that my electric bills should start dropping below $80 a month.
5) I hates my job. Still. I really got tired of being an operator but unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything other than phone work. Would really really like to do something different for once. I liked working in the fab at the microchip plant but they're not hiring, probably will not be doing so for another year or two. Trying to find something that, well I can't afford to make less, but if it's closer, since I pay $40 at least a week in gas to commute, I could make a dollar an hour less and still come out the same.
6) getting a hair cut. Look like a shaggy dog. Haven't had a trim in almost a year.
and the biggie (besides the new baby)
7) quit smoking. Been 2 weeks now. Finally not quite ready to kill to get a cigarette but still wanting them occasionally. I have gained about 4 pounds, which isn't good but isn't too bad either. With the weather getting nicer, I'm getting out more so should be able to walk and work off those extra poundages.
Hope everything is fine in everyone else's world!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Hopped on the scales fully dresed yesterday and for the first time in about 14 years, did _not_ top out at 150+. In fact have not gone over 150 for over a week now. Yay!
Making my infamous peanut brittle today. No! Don't point fingers and tell me how bad it is for my diet. Since it does ugly things to my dental work, I don't eat it myself, I give it out for holiday presents. It was my dad's holiday tradition and I always make at least a few pounds in his memory. That and chocolate covered cherries which I may eat a few of. Hey, gotta slide just a bit don't we? Not making the usual 20 dozen cookies that I have in the past though. May make some pizzelles ...... or not. Must sew baby clothes while I still have the chance.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Not terribly bad, but not doing my exercises. I did manage to drop another pound, been hovering between 149 and 153 for about ........ many months. Finally dropped a bit more. Trying to eat a bit better and exercising at my desk. It's been so flippin' cold here lately, these old bones do not like sub zero. Putting off doing a lot just trying to stay warm. Doesn't make much sense does it? I should be out working off the blubber. Ah well. More to come later.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Had to get a new coat. My dd broke the zipper in the last one so I needed one anyway and also ........ I needed to get a smaller size. Yay! Last time I got a coat I was a size 18 and now I'm a 12. I still got the large instead of the medium 'cause I can fit really bukly sweaters under it. Just realized a few days ago that I'm going to have to spring for a new swim suit one of these days too. The old one is too big.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
I think that the last time I'd updated, I'd accepted the job at Carnival Cruises. A few days before training was to start, they cancelled the class due to a hiring freeze so it was back to job hunting. I got hired by my current employer a few days later so was only a week later in starting work. Pay is $1.50 less but we have incentives as soon as we get on the floor so while I don't like it, or the 6 mile further commute, I can live with it. If I do well, I'll be making more soon. Anyhoo, we're busy meeting and learning about our fellow employees and one of them is a certified personal trainer. Yes! She's not only a personal trainer, fitness model, and body building competitor but she's a really nice person. So I told her I was trying to loose some weight and get into shape and she says "let me grab pen and paper and start working up a plan to do this." A few minutes later, we're in deep planning on how to help me get into shape. We decide to work on yoga, pilates, and light weight lifting combined with continuing my walking daily. We're trading tips on where to find healthy foods at reasonable prices and she says my diet is already on track so no modifications there. In return for her helping me devise and implement the plan, I'm going to help her with her new camera. This weekend, she's consulting with some trainers that have experience working with seniors because she thinks that she may need some help in designing something for older folks. She's also putting together a packet for my son so he can get certified as a trainer as well and scouting a set of weights for our weight bench. Yay! This is going to be fun. I'm setting up some walks for wildlife and macro shooting for us. Since we work next to Garden of the gods park, we're starting there and moving further south and, as I develop more lung power, north.
Get An Email Alert Each Time GRIMMHILD Posts