Sunday, November 17, 2013
It's that time of year when there is so much food in front of us all the time. There seems to be no getting away from it. There are parties to attend, family gatherings and where I work our patients keep us well stocked with goodies as a way to say thank you for all we do for them throughout the year. So this year I am going to recommit now before the holidays to:
1. I will Make better food choices during the holidays
2. Not let holiday stress get to me and find myself eating because I think I will feel better if I do. Actually I will only feel more stressed if I give in to this feeling.
3. I am going to take little steps one day at a time.
4. I will enjoy the holidays knowing I am doing the best I can. If I fall, I will get right back up, learn from my mistakes and move on.
So today I recommit and plan to enjoy my holidays. Enjoy your holidays.
Sunday, September 15, 2013
As I read a Spark friend's blog, it got me thinking just how far I have come. No I haven't lost 50, 75 or 100 lbs.., but I can say I have lost 20 lbs. over time and have been able to keep it off. I feel that is an accomplishment for me and looking at it , that is motivating me to keep losing weight. I' m not out to set any speed record for losing weight, I just want to lose it slowly and keep it off. I have set a small goal of losing 10 lbs. by Thanksgiving and I think, no I know I can do that. If I lose more all the better for me.
I am so grateful for all my Spark friends who encourage and motivate me everyday, give me good advice and ideas to better fulfill my goals. No one cares how fast or how slow I lose the weight. You all care that I am learning to live a healthier lifestyle. Kudos to all of you.
Monday, June 24, 2013
Lately I have been thinking a lot about the progress I am making. It's been slow and sometimes even stressful. I have come to realize it takes more than logging in daily and tracking my nutrition. So today I am reassessing my goals.
1. I will continue to track my nutrition, but work harder at weighing and measuring my foods. When I eyeball my portions they are more than I really need to be eating. I need to get better at how much food is really in a portion, especially when I cook dinner.
2. When I eat I need to slow down, by chewing slower and enjoying each bite. I took the time to cook the meal, but now I also need to savor the foods I eat. What's the rush. Life goes fast enough.
3. I still feel everything in moderation. I can still have that small taste of something I crave, but don't need to have the whole piece. Sometimes it's just the little taste to satisfy my taste and
I'm over it and it's better than stressing out over it. Life can be stressful enough without adding deprivation to it.
4.I need to be more accountable to myself. If I gain weight, whose fault is it. No one's fault except my own.
5.Over the last few weeks I have read a number of Spark blogs and found them to be very motivating. If I keep doing this, I will not only stay motivated, but may also learn some good ideas from my Spark friends. Spark people have some of the best advice and ideas.
6. Exercise is very important. Maybe I can use an afternoon break to walk. After all 15 minutes is really better than sitting doing a crossword puzzle. I am an appointment coordinator sitting at a desk most of the day, so I should be glad to get out and walk for a short time. Also is a good time to collect your thoughts when walking. I can do several 10-15 minutes time slots of exercise rather than not doing any because I don't have an hour to spend on it.
7. Why am I doing this-- it's for me. To be all I can be . To be as healthy as I possibly can be. I want to be around a long time yet. I have a lot of living to still do. So today I have reassessed my goals and plan on moving forward in reaching my goals.
8. I will reassess my goals very few weeks to make sure I am keeping on track and adjust them as I go along
Thursday, May 30, 2013
Spring is here. It's like rebirth each year. I look at my Spark journey as the seasons of the year. I have many great sunny days and a few stormy days, but the sun always comes out in the end.
This last month I haven't been as active on Spark people as I lost my mother. I did find when I had time I would still log- in for a few minutes. As I would log-in I also realized how much I really missed Spark people and all my spark friends and great support I get from them. Through it all, I was still able to maintain my weight and continued to make better choices in foods I ate.
I am back now and looking forward to continuing my new healthy life style that I have learned I know I will have a few stormy days along the way and not feel motivated or will slip up, but I also know I will have a lot more sunny days and I can keep going through the storms.
Get An Email Alert Each Time GRAMMY7070 Posts