Saturday, November 08, 2014
“Fried” Crispy Chicken
• 4 cup(s) rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies), lightly crushed
• 3/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan (3 oz)
• 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
• 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
• 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
• Kosher salt and pepper
• 1 cup(s) low fat plain yogurt
• 8 (6-oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
• Sautéed spinach, for serving
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, combine the rice cereal, Parmesan, oil, paprika, cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
3. Brush both sides of the chicken with the yogurt and coat with the cereal mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere; place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with the spinach, if desired.
Total Time: 50 min Prep Time: 20 min
Calories 319 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 3g
Sodium 414mg Total Carbohydrate 14g Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars -1g Protein 40g