Sunday, April 26, 2009
** I added this to my welcome page. and I'm sure there are some typos... but I was rushing! lol I am studying for a test...
*These "rules" are really to remind me of what I am going to do to succeed!!! *
1. There is more than one way to judge success- I have not lost much weight. I am not at my goal... yet! BUT you know what there is more than one way to judge success! If you isolate your goal to only the scale you are sooooo likely to give up when you don't see the changes you want. If it takes me two years to reach my goal, will victory be any less sweet!? NOT IN MY OPINION! I will enjoy my goal weight WHENEVER I get it. and I will continue to work hard.
2. Focus more on your blessings than your disapointments- If you focus on the good in your life you will likely stay encouraged to keep going. Nothing good comes from focusing on negative things. Live, Learn, and move on!
3. Every decision brings you closer to or further from your goals- There is no single event that will bring you to your ultimate goal... so I am going to focus on each choice. Sleeping 8 hours brings me closer, pulling an all nighter leads me further from my goals. you get the point... :-)
4. Fiber, Fiber, Fiber- How can you ever lose weight if you never.... um.... get rid of waste. Enough said. LOL. Oh and also fiber helps weight loss. 25-35 grams.
5. Water it... and it will grow! - LOL seriously I have recently been drinking as much water as possible. The more water you drink the less you will eat to satisfy what is actually thirst.
6. Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are satisfied... NOT FULL- I followed this rule 2 years ago and I seriously lost weight because I was not eating just because it was there. If I got hungry in 2 hours I ate. If I got hungry in 4 hours and started eating and quickly got full... I stopped eating.
7. IT IS NOT THE LAST SUPPER!!! - Seriously, sometimes we must remind ourselves that if you get "satisfied" in the middle of a meal, it is ok to STOP EATING!!!! It will be there when you get hungry again. And if someone is stealing your food.... hide it! lol!
8. SLEEP- the last time I lost weight and was really healthy I slept 7-8 hours a night. When you sleep your cortisol lowers, less stress hormone, less belly fat. You've seen the commercials! LOL- oh and I've oversimplified this. but these are the "rules" I'm going to use. :-D
9. Cardio + weights + flexibility- I am going to exercise WHENEVER I can. If it's a few squats while I am studying so be it. If its a 5 mile run while listening to a lecture... GREAT! I will do my best and then let it go. No point in focusing on how much more you could have done. Do your best and be done!
10. Believe, Act, Receive, a.k.a. You've got to see it, before you see it or you never will SEE it! - If you have no goal or can't even imagine how you will acheive your goal it is less likely that you will achieve it. BELIEVE you can do it, ACT- sometimes you have to step out in faith. even if you feel that you are too tired or busy to do another workout... workout anyway. because sometimes you have to do it whether you want to or not!, Receive it- If you refuse to give up you WILL eventually reach your goal!
11. Walk by faith not by sight- again... I trust God that the things I do are not in Vain. Every workout, ounce of sweat, tears, etc are bringing me that much closer to my goal. I have FAITH that my body is conspiring FOR me and that when I least expect it, my body will finally MELT the pounds off. and when that happens I will be SOOO proud that I kept the faith.
12. Exercise Early and often! The earlier the less likely I will get busy and feel that it is a burden :-D Because I actually LOVE workinf out... Endorphins are addictive!!!!
13. Never say negative things about yourself- YOUR BRAIN IS LISTENING!! ... and it believes everything it hears. So please, say nice things. you say you are a failure... and yes, you are a failure. You say, I am full of energy and I CAN finish this workout, eat healthy.... whatever, and watch how quickly your body listens to what you say!
14. ~*~There is no tomorrow~*~ Do it now, today, as soon as possible. You'd be surprised how quickly a day, week, month, year can slip by. You don't want the next 6 weeks to get here before tomorrow does... so If you want to eat healthy// workout/ relax/ pray/ write in your journal..... start right now, where you are. It's never too late to get started... :-) The time is NOW!
15.Love yourself now, forever, and always- We get one shot at life and I would hate to look back and realize that I've spent most of my life disliking the one constant person in my life! :-) You are beautiful, you are unique, and YOU DESERVE HAPPINESS. Deep deep happiness. Pure Joy that makes you look forward to each day.
*Bonus*- I will never never never never give up! AND I am going to enjoy this journey and learn as much as possible from every struggle!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." ŚMaya Angelou
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference
I wrote this really long inspirational blog- i promise- and when I went to post it... THE COMPUTER DELETED IT! lol
Well enjoy the quotes and I will hopefully get a chance to rewrite it when I get a break after my next test!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I am here to update the past week of my journey! I am keeping a white board where I check off my cardio, strength etc...
Last week I did: 1 pilates session, 1 yoga session, 6 cardio sessions, 3 strength training :-)
I have been sleeping more, though I did not get much sleep sunday night because..... I JOINED THE YMCA and I needed to wake up at 5:30 to make my exercise class!
I am feeling focused and dedicated and I hope that I am going to see results soon. My body is feeling lighter, I can see the muscles in my tummy, and I am loving the extra sleep!
SO plan for this week, same as last!
and stretch daily
35 sit ups daily
And journal as much as possible. Also I am trying to develop a night time routine where I journal or meditate and relax before bed then get 7-8 hrs sleep wake up and go to the Y! lol... BUT I need to get alll my studying done too. So, with time
Inspirational thought of the week: You've got to want it, to get it. A few good days won't get it. A few bad days won't break it. In order to reach your goals you have to remember why you want it and NEVER GIVE UP! I have perserverance in so many other areas in my life so I am going to apply it to weight loss as well! I am seeing changes and I think the added sleep will help me break this never ending plateau!
Have a HAPPY WEEK!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
This has been a crazy week! I know you guys are ready for the story!! So here we go! I'm known for talking a lot but I will make this as short as possible! So last Sunday, I spent the entire day studying. At 3 a.m. as I was finally getting ready for bed I happened to look at my calendar and see that it was almost APRIL 6! WTH... where did all the days go!? So, since I knew my rent would be late Monday morning I decided to quickly write the check and run outside *at 3:30 a.m.* to put it in the box before it was considered late! YAY~ the door near my apartment is always unlocked so I put on some sweats and made a dash for it. As I returned to the building at 3:31 a.m. *I'm VERY close to the box* The door was locked!!!! SO now I was locked outside at 3 am and scared. I tried every door! I didn't have my phone so I couldn't call my friend who lives in the other part of my building... so I had a great idea just use the call box and try to wake her up. I called her 6 times... no answer. So finally I realized I would be locked out til 6 a.m. and have to miss school! Oh well. I went back to wait by my door and the police came! So I thought they saw me walking around the building and came to help me! But no! lol my friend had called the police because " She thought someone was trying to KILL her!" UM..... WTH! lol. So my calls had gone through, but instead of her answering them, she called 911 and said someone kept trying to buzz her. Long story short. She FINALLY let me in around 6 a.m. I didn't make it to school.
2nd: story. The night before my test, i.e. Thursday night, my computer JUMPED off my desk, landed on the ground and shattered. *of course this was after the warranty ended and the computer was slowly messing up anyway... * I needed the computer to study my slides for the test in the a.m.
LOL So basically I had to drive to the lib in the middle of the night because ALL of the stores where I could have bought another were closed. but of course I didn't find out they were closed until AFTER I drove out there.
~*~* So this was SUCH a crazy week... but I chose to remain positive and not let these events get me down because... ultimately I needed to stay focused and pass the test! And now that I've done that I look back and think... whew, glad I made it lol!
Get An Email Alert Each Time GONABFIT Posts