Tuesday, March 19, 2013
I think I wrote these in 2008 or so. I was maintaining about 140's and of course not happy with it! lol. I have since been diagnosed with PCOS and have had a much harder time losing weight and even made newer tips for success.
I figured it would be interesting to revisit these tips... because... well they worked! :)
These are also on my main page!
GONABFIT's Random Tips for success:
*These are really to remind me of what I am going to do to succeed!!! *
1. There is more than one way to judge success- I have not lost much weight. I am not at my goal... yet! BUT you know what there is more than one way to judge success! If you isolate your goal to only the scale you are sooooo likely to give up when you don't see the changes you want. If it takes me two years to reach my goal, will victory be any less sweet!? NOT IN MY OPINION! I will enjoy my goal weight WHENEVER I get it. and I will continue to work hard.
2. Focus more on your blessings than your disappointments- If you focus on the good in your life you will likely stay encouraged to keep going. Nothing good comes from focusing on negative things. Live, Learn, and move on!
3. Every decision brings you closer to or further from your goals- There is no single event that will bring you to your ultimate goal... so I am going to focus on each choice. Sleeping 8 hours brings me closer, pulling an all nighter leads me further from my goals. you get the point... :-)
4. Fiber, Fiber, Fiber- How can you ever lose weight if you never.... um.... get rid of waste. Enough said. LOL. Oh and also fiber helps weight loss. 25-35 grams.
5. Water it... and it will grow! - LOL seriously I have recently been drinking as much water as possible. The more water you drink the less you will eat to satisfy what is actually thirst.
6. Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are satisfied... NOT FULL- I followed this rule 2 years ago and I seriously lost weight because I was not eating just because it was there. If I got hungry in 2 hours I ate. If I got hungry in 4 hours and started eating and quickly got full... I stopped eating.
7. IT IS NOT THE LAST SUPPER!!! - Seriously, sometimes we must remind ourselves that if you get "satisfied" in the middle of a meal, it is ok to STOP EATING!!!! It will be there when you get hungry again. And if someone is stealing your food.... hide it! lol!
8. SLEEP- the last time I lost weight and was really healthy I slept 7-8 hours a night. When you sleep your cortisol lowers, less stress hormone, less belly fat. You've seen the commercials! LOL- oh and I've oversimplified this. but these are the "rules" I'm going to use. :-D
9. Cardio + weights + flexibility- I am going to exercise WHENEVER I can. If it's a few squats while I am studying so be it. If its a 5 mile run while listening to a lecture... GREAT! I will do my best and then let it go. No point in focusing on how much more you could have done. Do your best and be done!
10. Believe, Act, Receive, a.k.a. You've got to see it, before you see it or you never will SEE it! - If you have no goal or can't even imagine how you will acheive your goal it is less likely that you will achieve it. BELIEVE you can do it, ACT- sometimes you have to step out in faith. even if you feel that you are too tired or busy to do another workout... workout anyway. because sometimes you have to do it whether you want to or not!, Receive it- If you refuse to give up you WILL eventually reach your goal!
11. Walk by faith not by sight- again... I trust God that the things I do are not in Vain. Every workout, ounce of sweat, tears, etc are bringing me that much closer to my goal. I have FAITH that my body is conspiring FOR me and that when I least expect it, my body will finally MELT the pounds off. and when that happens I will be SOOO proud that I kept the faith.
12. Exercise Early and often! The earlier the less likely I will get busy and feel that it is a burden :-D Because I actually LOVE workinf out... Endorphins are addictive!!!!
13. Never say negative things about yourself- YOUR BRAIN IS LISTENING!! ... and it believes everything it hears. So please, say nice things. you say you are a failure... and yes, you are a failure. You say, I am full of energy and I CAN finish this workout, eat healthy.... whatever, and watch how quickly your body listens to what you say!
14. ~*~There is no tomorrow~*~ Do it now, today, as soon as possible. You'd be surprised how quickly a day, week, month, year can slip by. You don't want the next 6 weeks to get here before tomorrow does... so If you want to eat healthy// workout/ relax/ pray/ write in your journal..... start right now, where you are. It's never too late to get started... :-) The time is NOW!
15.Love yourself now, forever, and always- We get one shot at life and I would hate to look back and realize that I've spent most of my life disliking the one constant person in my life! :-) You are beautiful, you are unique, and YOU DESERVE HAPPINESS. Deep deep happiness. Pure Joy that makes you look forward to each day
16. I, too, hate that people judge you when they feel you are a little overweight and I also dislike the fact that in my mind losing weight means "validating" their belief that you have to be 'thin to win' LOL
BUT... I also know that my happiness comes FIRST or at least near the top of my totem pole and as long as I know I have more qualities than just being "pretty" everything will be fine. :-)
*Bonus*- I will never never never never give up! AND I am going to enjoy this journey and learn as much as possible from every struggle!
Funny thing is... I haven't changed all that much since then. The several hormonal abnormalities have made it a lot harder for me to lose weight BUT luckily I've never been a huge eater and haven't always liked exercising.
** I am staying focused and DETERMINED to get the weight off despite having a few more things going against me. I'm 27, still active, still positive about the fact that I CAN DO THIS! .. .and when I do, I won't care one bit how long it took. I'll just be happy I SUCCEEDED!
** 15 pounds until I'm back in the overweight category
** 41 until I reach my goal.
I'm only 5'1 so basically EVERY pound counts. :)
** Less than a week until my trip to Dominican Republic with my sister. 1 month until my Europe vacation.
** I've decided that if I keep working on tweaking my diet and staying active I will REACH my goal THIS year! I've just got to be stronger than the fat. ;-) And... I'm PRETTY strong!
** Also, I've decided that if I do something everyday [ a few crunches, squats, full-body stretch] I will MOST DEFINITELY end this year better off than I started it. And... I'll get the satisfaction of knowing I reached my goals despite the hurdles I've had to overcome!
Welp, time to workout. I think I'll do some Taebo then go to bed. I took today off because I'm sick. But, back to work tomorrow. My patient's don't care if I'm sick!