Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Had some technical difficulties and for some reason was unable to open the blog to write it.
But, here we go. :) So far, this challenge has taught me that I have a tendency to be hard on myself and expect perfection. I try not to... but I really don't like not following the rules OR doing things that are the opposite of my goal. I have always had the philosophy that it's important not to "give up the things I want MOST for the things I want NOW." But some how occasionally I feel like I'm giving up what I want in the long run for a quick thrill.
I also am learning that I do NOT have to be perfect and that an occasional high calorie treat and/or meal don't equal my demise. I read an article that basically said as soon as you get off track, get back on track. If we fell down a few stairs would we say 'that's it, I've screwed up I may as well throw myself down the rest of the stairs"? No, we get back up... dust ourselves off and walk more carefully down the rest of the stairs. If we miss our exit on the highway should we continue driving for HOURS in the wrong direction OR do we get off on the next exit and turn around as quickly as we can...
I think we should treat weight loss that way. Get up as quickly as we can from our missteps and QUICKLY get back on the right path.
So... this challenge to LOVE MYSELF is making me have more compassion for myself. The same compassion I would give others who were having a hard time. I would tell them, "You can do this! Don't give up, don't get discouraged. Each step you take is getting you a little closer to your goal. A year from now you will be happy you started and NEVER GAVE UP. " and that's exactly what I am going to tell myself :)
So, here are my 5 things from Day 12
1. I tracked my foods- honestly
2. I wore my pedometer and walked the long way to get extra steps
3. I made an effort to get my water in
4. I went to bed early because I was tired and had a long/hard day (slept 10 hours)
5. I consciously chose to let a stressful situation go instead of ruminating over it when it was out of my control.
OK, I'll post later tonight about my day 13. I hope you are all doing well and maybe learning more ways to love yourself! :)
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
At work and super busy... .so quickly,
1. I chose not to get (TOO) upset when I was treated unfairly today. I chose self-love and forgiveness (of the IDIOT) instead of dwelling on what's fair and staying mad all day.
2. Wore my pedometer all day! Still walking, sure I'll be more than 10,000+ steps.
3. I chose HEALTHY foods that fit within my plan and even mde room for a small fry :) (see I'm not perfect!)
4. I scheduled a much needed doctor's appointment.
5. I made my bed and washed dishes before I left home!
Okk, gotta go guys! Hope you are all doing well. I found a few minutes to squeeze this in... hope you did too! You are worth it!
Get An Email Alert Each Time GONABFIT Posts