I think I'm going to call it a night pretty early... I'm on call again tomorrow (24 hour shift).
OK, so here we go. :) Today was a VERY productive day for me. I made sure to keep a list and had already checked off my 5 things before 8 am! lol :-D But anyway, I'll try to pick the best ones.
1. I woke up on my FIRST alarm and decided not to keep snoozing for 35 minutes like I sometimes do!
2. Because I didn't go back to sleep... I was able to make a DELICIOUS breakfast.
3. I also did an AM workout... Didn't finish the whole thing because I was multi-tasking and had to finish cooking and etc.
4. I got some errands done during work when I had a break!
5. I ate the food I planned to eat today, packed my lunch, and stuck to my plan.
and... I'm having a planned homemade brownie sundae for dessert. :)
OK, Hope you all had a good day! If I weren't so sleepy, I'd write a bunch more... but I'm tired! lol
So I will say, Continue finding the good wherever you can. Even when we mess up we deserve a pat on the back... we are ALL doing the BEST we can (at this given moment)
Hi to my NEW Spark Friends
REBBYREB99 and MANDELOVICH who are along for the ride!!! Let's LOVE OURSELVES guys! We are worth it!
Happy Martin Luther King Day AND Inauguration day!
Because I knew I had to write my 5 things down in public... I got up and made some things happen today :)
1. I got 9 hours of sleep! :-)
2. I tracked all of my food and stayed within my plan!!
3. I took the time to go out and do some yard work... and it was AN AMAZING workout! I burned 400+ calories in about 50 minutes. But I was so tired and my lungs are still healing so, I stopped after the front yard. (CREDIT for getting out there and getting it done!)
5. I made a HEALTHY dinner, ate plenty of veggies, Made a fruit smoothie, resisted the temptation to make brownies (when a random craving hit), and PACKED MY LUNCH FOR TOMORROW.
I'm on a roll. And really, it only takes a few minutes to jot down the 5 things we are proud of. I'm glad to see some people have decided to join in!! If you are hesistant because you think it'll take too long... trust me it won't take longer than 5 mins! And... you don't even have to post it.
*** 4 days into the challenge and I find myself looking for things that I'm doing RIGHT. We all know how easy it is to find the things we do wrong, I figure there is no need to stay focused on my mistakes any longer.
Well today was another awesome day. :) They are not ALL awesome... so that's why I try to enjoy it when they really are great days.
1. I went to brunch with a friend. Usually I just say no, especially if I'm afraid I may eat poorly... I ran into some co-workers and it was nice to have time to relax and enjoy life a bit.
2. Even though I was at brunch and ordered an amazingly delicious breakfast... I used MODERATION and only ate one chicken strip and 1/4 of the pancakes. :-D ...and I did it naturally, I got full and stopped eating. Simple as that.
3. I took a nap when I needed one. And slept for 4 hours... so apparently I needed one.
4. I reached my goal of 10,000_ steps and actually have done 11553 steps so far!
5. I cleaned my kitchen before bed so I could have it nice and sparkly in the morning... and my house still looks amazing from when I did my clean up session yesterday.
Ok, that's all I got! Here's a bonus... I have tomorrow off and I will be sleeping AT LEAST 9 hours tonight. YAY! [ Oh and I actually did an official workout of 1:20 mins and logged my food too. :) So, yea.. good day!]
Hope you all are Loving Yourselves... It may get boring to keep reading my daily 5 things I'm proud of, but it's keeping me motivated. Hope you don't mind too much lol... cause I'm gonna keep doing it! well, as long as I can remember!
I'm post-call and EXHAUSTED. So, I'm going to get to the point.
1/19/2013 [ I randomly almost wrote 1/19/2003 --- Time warp! LOL]
1. I did NOT overindulge on coffee while on my overnight shift. I used water and 1 cup of tea to help myself stay awake. I also did not eat the FREE Goldfish, cookies, peanut butter, or crackers at work!
2. I came home and cleaned my house for 2 hours after getting off work. :-D It is spic and span and now I can relax the rest of the weekend! I'm off until Tuesday!
3. I did an hour of activity and got a good workout in
4. Took time to take an amazing bath and had a great nap!!!!
5. Going to spend some time with my friends tonight!
I am being extra nice to myself since I worked hard last night. Hope you all have a great day!
Enjoy the Martin Luther King, Jr. Weekend! Take some time to be nice to yourself... AND someone else. Spread joy. Practice fairness and equality.... and as I like to say, ' Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting a difficult battle.'