Saturday, January 19, 2013
First, I would like to THANK EVERYONE who read my blog!! However, I got nominated for Popular Blog Award... it was SUCH a surpirse. I didn't think anyone actually read this blog anyway! lol. I just write things down because I like writing and being able to go back and read where my mind was at a certain part of my journey!
I am on one of my 24 hour shifts ( I am a doctor for those people who asked in the previous blog who don't know me. :) and am taking a quick minute to say THANK YOU for taking the time to read my blog. THANK YOU for your suggestions/tips/comments. :-) I LOVE SparkPeople! ... That award ranks up there with my becoming a SparkPeople Motivator! lol
But, back to the point of this quick blog.
I have been doing this in my own journal at home when I can remember, but I figured... accountability never hurts. So, I am going to but it out there for you guys to see for the next 21 days.
This Loving Myself Challenge will lead me close to Valentine's Day, I'm guessing? :-) The goal is to find FIVE things I'm proud of each day and take the time to recognize that I've done something well. The recognizing the "GOOD " that I've done wil be the art/evidence of loving myself. I've found in the past that knowing I need 5 things I'm proud of by the end of the day, usually gets me up and moving and doing something so I can write it down.
Not that I'm not already active and working hard and you know.... busy.
But, this helps me refocus at the end of the day and try to give credit where it is due.
The 5 things I write down can be: physical exercise, eating well, doing something nice for someone else, or basically anything I want. NOTHING is too small to put on your list.
NOW, if anyone is still reading from yesterday... want to join in!? If not, I'll still be here doing the challenge until someone decides to check back in :-)
Yesterday was the official start for me... But I guess it's today now? I'm not sure, I've been up all night. :) (a little humor to get me through the LAST 4 hours at work. 20 down, 4 to go. )
1. I woke up early and realized work had been delayed due to the weather. Instead of going back to sleep as I had originally planned, I jumped on my treadmill and did a quick 30 min run. Then, I got dressed and headed to work.
2. I logged all of my food. Even the little extras I hadn't expected to eat. wasn't many :)
3. I wore my FitBit Pedometer ALL day and purposely tried to take the long way while walking around the hospital.
4. I walked > 15,000 steps before midnight. The FitBit automatically resets at midnight so all of my latest steps are counting towards today now. ;-)
5. HMMMM.... I have to come up with one last thing. Well, I took the time to talk to a young lady at work who looked particulary stressed out and tried to brighten her day a bit.
BONUS- ** I ate fruit for my snacks.
(OK, I'll stop being a show-off. I logged an extra one. ;-) Maybe I get Extra credit love today since I'm working so hard!? )
See! That wasn't anything spectacular and probably not life changing. But, I bet if you give yourself some Self-Love for the next 3 weeks, and recognize how well you are really doing.... you will be EVEN stronger and ready to take on this weight loss *healthy living* challenge we are on.
Can't give away what you don't have. Want love, give it (to yourself), then to others! Want acceptance, give it (to yourself), THEN to others!
Break is over. Later Sparkies!
Get An Email Alert Each Time GONABFIT Posts