Saturday, January 19, 2013
First, I would like to THANK EVERYONE who read my blog!! However, I got nominated for Popular Blog Award... it was SUCH a surpirse. I didn't think anyone actually read this blog anyway! lol. I just write things down because I like writing and being able to go back and read where my mind was at a certain part of my journey!
I am on one of my 24 hour shifts ( I am a doctor for those people who asked in the previous blog who don't know me. :) and am taking a quick minute to say THANK YOU for taking the time to read my blog. THANK YOU for your suggestions/tips/comments. :-) I LOVE SparkPeople! ... That award ranks up there with my becoming a SparkPeople Motivator! lol
But, back to the point of this quick blog.
I have been doing this in my own journal at home when I can remember, but I figured... accountability never hurts. So, I am going to but it out there for you guys to see for the next 21 days.
This Loving Myself Challenge will lead me close to Valentine's Day, I'm guessing? :-) The goal is to find FIVE things I'm proud of each day and take the time to recognize that I've done something well. The recognizing the "GOOD " that I've done wil be the art/evidence of loving myself. I've found in the past that knowing I need 5 things I'm proud of by the end of the day, usually gets me up and moving and doing something so I can write it down.
Not that I'm not already active and working hard and you know.... busy.
But, this helps me refocus at the end of the day and try to give credit where it is due.
The 5 things I write down can be: physical exercise, eating well, doing something nice for someone else, or basically anything I want. NOTHING is too small to put on your list.
NOW, if anyone is still reading from yesterday... want to join in!? If not, I'll still be here doing the challenge until someone decides to check back in :-)
Yesterday was the official start for me... But I guess it's today now? I'm not sure, I've been up all night. :) (a little humor to get me through the LAST 4 hours at work. 20 down, 4 to go. )
1. I woke up early and realized work had been delayed due to the weather. Instead of going back to sleep as I had originally planned, I jumped on my treadmill and did a quick 30 min run. Then, I got dressed and headed to work.
2. I logged all of my food. Even the little extras I hadn't expected to eat. wasn't many :)
3. I wore my FitBit Pedometer ALL day and purposely tried to take the long way while walking around the hospital.
4. I walked > 15,000 steps before midnight. The FitBit automatically resets at midnight so all of my latest steps are counting towards today now. ;-)
5. HMMMM.... I have to come up with one last thing. Well, I took the time to talk to a young lady at work who looked particulary stressed out and tried to brighten her day a bit.
BONUS- ** I ate fruit for my snacks.
(OK, I'll stop being a show-off. I logged an extra one. ;-) Maybe I get Extra credit love today since I'm working so hard!? )
See! That wasn't anything spectacular and probably not life changing. But, I bet if you give yourself some Self-Love for the next 3 weeks, and recognize how well you are really doing.... you will be EVEN stronger and ready to take on this weight loss *healthy living* challenge we are on.
Can't give away what you don't have. Want love, give it (to yourself), then to others! Want acceptance, give it (to yourself), THEN to others!
Break is over. Later Sparkies!
Thursday, January 17, 2013
I'm taking some time to briefly write down what I've learn so far this year and what I think will help me reach my goals. This may be helpful to you, but it may not. Either way, I am going to try to document my journey so I can have a set of guidelines to follow.
1. I have got to MAKE time to eat healthy. For me, this includes going to the grocery store at least once a week. I don't like grocery shopping and I work so much I generally grab food to go at least 4-5x/week. I choose healthier foods sometimes but still.
-Solution: Pick a day for grocery shopping. Make a list of foods I can eat regularly, memorize the list and get a routine going.
- Once a week sit down and think of a "menu"
- I cook really well, I just am so busy in residency that I may have to Batch cook twice a week and add side items on the in between days
2. If I have healthy foods, I WILL EAT THEM. If given a choice I always eat healthier foods like fruit/veggies. For instance if I am at a breakfast and there are fried things, donuts, bagels, fruits, eggs, etc. I will likely eat the fruit and lighter items. But, if I'm home and nothing is available I will go to the fastfood joint and get something quick.
- when I go grocery shopping, buy healthy foods.
- have them available, so the choice is easier
3. I love working out. This has always been the case. I will try to workout 3 mornings a week so I can get extra energy and feel "accomplished" before the day starts. I workout pretty much every day, sick or not. I take breaks when I need to but try to stay active.
- I am wearing a Fitbit pedometer to push myself on the days I don't want to do an official workout.
- This is a strength of mine. :)
4. I have GOT to get sleep at night. About once a week I have to work a full 24 hour shift. That means I get no sleep. That is non-negotiable. But, on the other nights I can go to bed at a decent time and then I'll feel well rested and can get up and exercise.
5. If I plan my meals ahead of time AND pack a lunch, I will better be able to control my diet. I have a hard time sticking to my meal plans. I do not have an issue with OVEREATING , I very rarely eat more than half of my meal especially if I go out. But I recently learned in November/Dec that I have several hormonal issues that are going to make it more difficult for me to lose weight. Therefore, I can't keep eating how I used to AND I need to be proactive about it.
6. Before I eat, I have to think. I do not want to go through this year working on my goals EVERY DAY and never get there. So while I can return to eating foods that are not entirely healthy as a treat or occasionally, I do need to limit these things now. I used to be addicted to french fries, I am not anymore. But, I do not have to eat french fries EVERY time I get a craving... I know what they taste like. They will taste the same. And, if I am planning my meals and I really want them I can put them in the meal plan for the next day.
7. I need to eat every 3-4 hours. When I did this consistently last time I tried to lose weight, it worked! I felt better. My body gets hungry on schedule anyway so I may as well do what it wants. :)
8. Drink water. I don't enjoy sodas juices etc. I have them occasionally but always opt for the lower/diet version. I usually stick to water. Working on drinking unsweet tea and coffee with less sugar.
I may keep my sugared coffee in the morning and use splenda if I drink another cup later in the day.
OK, that's all I have so far. I am working on losing the next 5 lbs. :) Hope you all are doing well. Have you learned anything new that works for you?
Tuesday, January 08, 2013
lovelylynee.blogspot.com Check it out!
I blogged about how to use what you've got. :-) If you have time, please read! It may be helpful. If not, thanks for stopping by!
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Posted another blog on my new site [ http://lovelylynee.blogspot.com ]
It's about waiting until tomorrow to do what can be done today. I'm trying to do more writing in hopes of finding a past time I can enjoy and squeeze into my busy schedule! You don't have to read it... but if you get some free time, slide on by and check me out! :-D
Oh, even though I was VERY sick today... I managed to get in an hour+ workout. Treadmill and spin bike. I feel like I was productive and I'm glad about it. I also am still keeping the daily december challenge going. So, yay!
Get An Email Alert Each Time GONABFIT Posts