Monday, January 02, 2012
Day 1 was amazing and so was Day 2 :)
So, 2012 is here... and so are WE! Yesterday was a good day for me. I spent New Years day with a new Beau walking around Biltmore estates which is AMAZING by the way! It was more of an active date because we did a lot of walking, but I didn't mind because... I like to squeeze in exercise when I can!
So, I'm counting it! Day 1: Full of activity, lots of walking
Day 2: Lots of cleaning and taking time to purge some old clothes and make room for my new ones. OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW!
I will sit down tomorrow to put my resolutions on paper (in multiple places) so I can keep them within sight! Put here is a preview,
1. Cook more meals at home. I am a good cook and I enjoy it when I am prepared (with the proper foods and time). Cooking will save me A LOT of money because I spend most of my money at fast food restaurants and it will save me CALORIES lol. So 5 days of the week, I need to eat at home!
2. Continue exercising. I already exercise 6 days a week, and I enjoy it. So I want to keep this up. I'm going to add strength training and make sure to do more yoga this year!
3. Read a book FOR FUN each month. So that's 12 books this year. love reading, but find that I don't do it as much as I'd like because I'm so busy.
4. Take a bath, meditate, pray, and journal often! Of course I bathe daily... I just mean, I want to CONSCIOUSLY make an effort to de-stress and relax so that I don't get short-tempered and angry when I am having a hard week. I LOVE my bath tub... I put candles up, put on relaxing music, it is amazing! So, why should I just wait to go to the spa or set a date for a massage somewhere in the distant future if I can treat myself regularly!?
5. Get back to running. I used to love it. I still enjoy it, but I have gotten out of the habit... So, this year, I want to set monthly running goals and then work towards achieving them. This means, I need to get new running shoes and update my Nike+ kit so I can get used to tracking each and every mile... a habit I kind of got out of as well
K, back to folding these clothes. I may still squeeze in a workout before bed. I'm ON VACAY this week. Don't have any definite plans but I will use this week to rejuvenate and continue to jumpstart my mission to MAKE THIS THE BEST YEAR YET!