Monday, January 02, 2012
Day 1 was amazing and so was Day 2 :)
So, 2012 is here... and so are WE! Yesterday was a good day for me. I spent New Years day with a new Beau walking around Biltmore estates which is AMAZING by the way! It was more of an active date because we did a lot of walking, but I didn't mind because... I like to squeeze in exercise when I can!
So, I'm counting it! Day 1: Full of activity, lots of walking
Day 2: Lots of cleaning and taking time to purge some old clothes and make room for my new ones. OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW!
I will sit down tomorrow to put my resolutions on paper (in multiple places) so I can keep them within sight! Put here is a preview,
1. Cook more meals at home. I am a good cook and I enjoy it when I am prepared (with the proper foods and time). Cooking will save me A LOT of money because I spend most of my money at fast food restaurants and it will save me CALORIES lol. So 5 days of the week, I need to eat at home!
2. Continue exercising. I already exercise 6 days a week, and I enjoy it. So I want to keep this up. I'm going to add strength training and make sure to do more yoga this year!
3. Read a book FOR FUN each month. So that's 12 books this year. love reading, but find that I don't do it as much as I'd like because I'm so busy.
4. Take a bath, meditate, pray, and journal often! Of course I bathe daily... I just mean, I want to CONSCIOUSLY make an effort to de-stress and relax so that I don't get short-tempered and angry when I am having a hard week. I LOVE my bath tub... I put candles up, put on relaxing music, it is amazing! So, why should I just wait to go to the spa or set a date for a massage somewhere in the distant future if I can treat myself regularly!?
5. Get back to running. I used to love it. I still enjoy it, but I have gotten out of the habit... So, this year, I want to set monthly running goals and then work towards achieving them. This means, I need to get new running shoes and update my Nike+ kit so I can get used to tracking each and every mile... a habit I kind of got out of as well
K, back to folding these clothes. I may still squeeze in a workout before bed. I'm ON VACAY this week. Don't have any definite plans but I will use this week to rejuvenate and continue to jumpstart my mission to MAKE THIS THE BEST YEAR YET!
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
I haven't been perfect, but each day I try to make better decisions than the day before. I have been making conscious choices about exercising and not eating too many calories. I may not bring the year in at the weight I had hoped, but I WILL ENTER THE NEW YEAR knowing I kept my health a priority ALL year and I have worked hard to keep my mind renewed.
In ONE year, I have accomplished many amazing things, if I can just congratulate myself for a moment...
I successfully completed medical school
Bought a house
matched at residency on my TOP 3 list!
I joined the sorority I've been wanting to join since college, volunteer frequently and try to make time to help others!
All before the age of 26!
I turned 26 as a MD
Have successfully completed 6 months of residency
I fought and am fighting the winter blues I usually get!... successfully thus far!
I continue to workout even though I'm working about 80 hours each week
I've made time to get my yearly check ups and maintain my personal health
I joined a GYM and actually go at least a few times/wk (I often workout at home though :) It's more convenient.
I've kept God a priority and made time to cultivate new friendships and time with family when I could.
I burned 1000 cals today. :-D
So, though I haven't exactly reached my weight loss goal for this year, I am STILL proud of myself and it's not over til it's over... so I will keep pushing and bring the new year in proud of my accomplishments. If I can manage to do all this while I'm stressed and changing to a completely different lifestyle, I know I can accomplish great things once I get the hang of it.
Renew your mind:
There will be days when it all fits, everything occurs as it should. There will be days with it goes wrong and we can't even imagine or remember when things were right. But we must ALWAYS renew our minds and remember each day is a NEW chance to get it right. Don't give up on yourself. Don't give up on your dreams. The future will be no better or worse than the choices we make now. Choose wisely :)
Love you sparkies!
Sunday, November 27, 2011
WARNING: Random thoughts written at 3:30 am. lol. May or May not be coherent. :-D
I'm working overnight and had a spare second so I decided to drop by my Sparkies and check in with you all! I have been working hard (at work and at the gym). I lifted weights today and created an end of the year challenge for myself so I can bring in the New Years feeling like I accomplished something great. Actually, I accomplished a LOT this year, and I'm thankful for it. But, I wouldn't mind adding (Lost X lbs) to the list too ;)
I am doing a 30 days no fast food challenge. That may be easy for you, but for me... it's going to be, well, a challenge. :) I've never backed down from a challenge so.... here we go. I am considering it a success if I complete 80% or better (that leaves room for a few quick meals if I'm on call or something)!
Also, I am hoping to remove another 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks of the year. I am planning to actually party for New Years this year... so I want to wear an amazing dress. I'll post the pic on 1/1/12 for you guys :-)
Hope you have made some end of the year goals for yourself too. Goals are the only things that keep me motivated, otherwise I get bored.
Things I want to do in the next 5 weeks:
1. Get back to my Yoga - I used to do yoga all the time but medical school got busy... then I graduated and residency got busier, so I cut it out of my exercise regimen. Now, I want it back. Goal = Do yoga 5 times in 5 weeks.
2. No eating after 7-8 pm (unless I'm on call) I'm working an overnight shift, therefore I sleep during the day... I have to eat. So I will eat late on those days.
3. Stick to 1500 cals each day (as many as possible). (give or take a few cals. No more than 2000 on a **high** day)
4. In order to complete # 3, I have to.... Count Calories. So I will do this daily for the next 30 days (well, until New Years)
5. Sleep 7-8 hours a night. Every night I can (unless I'm on call)
6. Workout in the morning. I wa s an infamous AM exerciser... until (you guessed it) residency!! I want to get back to my morning workouts. I do get a workout in almost daily no matter when I work out, but I feel better when I workout in the morning.
7. Dring 64 oz water a day
8. Eat breakfast daily/ pack my lunch/ make my own foods ( Obviously, if I'm not eating fast foods I will have to get food from somewhere. With some planning, I'm hoping most of my meals will come from home.)
- Drs Orders.
Get An Email Alert Each Time GONABFIT Posts