Sunday, November 27, 2011
WARNING: Random thoughts written at 3:30 am. lol. May or May not be coherent. :-D
I'm working overnight and had a spare second so I decided to drop by my Sparkies and check in with you all! I have been working hard (at work and at the gym). I lifted weights today and created an end of the year challenge for myself so I can bring in the New Years feeling like I accomplished something great. Actually, I accomplished a LOT this year, and I'm thankful for it. But, I wouldn't mind adding (Lost X lbs) to the list too ;)
I am doing a 30 days no fast food challenge. That may be easy for you, but for me... it's going to be, well, a challenge. :) I've never backed down from a challenge so.... here we go. I am considering it a success if I complete 80% or better (that leaves room for a few quick meals if I'm on call or something)!
Also, I am hoping to remove another 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks of the year. I am planning to actually party for New Years this year... so I want to wear an amazing dress. I'll post the pic on 1/1/12 for you guys :-)
Hope you have made some end of the year goals for yourself too. Goals are the only things that keep me motivated, otherwise I get bored.
Things I want to do in the next 5 weeks:
1. Get back to my Yoga - I used to do yoga all the time but medical school got busy... then I graduated and residency got busier, so I cut it out of my exercise regimen. Now, I want it back. Goal = Do yoga 5 times in 5 weeks.
2. No eating after 7-8 pm (unless I'm on call) I'm working an overnight shift, therefore I sleep during the day... I have to eat. So I will eat late on those days.
3. Stick to 1500 cals each day (as many as possible). (give or take a few cals. No more than 2000 on a **high** day)
4. In order to complete # 3, I have to.... Count Calories. So I will do this daily for the next 30 days (well, until New Years)
5. Sleep 7-8 hours a night. Every night I can (unless I'm on call)
6. Workout in the morning. I wa s an infamous AM exerciser... until (you guessed it) residency!! I want to get back to my morning workouts. I do get a workout in almost daily no matter when I work out, but I feel better when I workout in the morning.
7. Dring 64 oz water a day
8. Eat breakfast daily/ pack my lunch/ make my own foods ( Obviously, if I'm not eating fast foods I will have to get food from somewhere. With some planning, I'm hoping most of my meals will come from home.)
- Drs Orders.
Friday, October 28, 2011
You know how it feels when you are right on the edge?
You can feel yourself tipping closer and you wonder if you should stop where you are, turn around, or run full fledge off the side?
That's where I am right now.
On the Brink of SUCCESS. ( Forgive the dramatic build up. But I felt it necessary. LOL)
There has been a steady build up of habits that I feel are getting me much closer to my goal. If I continue how I have been, soon I will have an arsenal of habits that make my weight loss close to effortless. Ok. That was an exaggeration but I am doing all that I can to make this a "Work SMARTER, not harder" operation. I am already busy. I work roughly 80 hours a week. I don't want to make things more complicated but I DO want success. I want what I want and I want it now.
So I just wanted to blog quickly and say, I feel like I'm on the Brink of a BREAKTHROUGH.
::Warning, a long RUN ON SENTENCE ahead... lol ::
I Joined the gym, have an exercise class that I love, I no longer (or rarely) eat past the point when I decide I've had enough, I'm again comfortable with leaving food on my plate and asking for a to-go box... even if people have negative comments, I feel hopeful about my ability to succeed, I can SEE myself reaching my goal, I can FEEL the clothes that I will wear when I can easily slip into the clothes patiently waiting for me in my closet, I can feel my clothes getting looser, I see the look in my eyes when I make a good decision that brings me closer to my goal, and MOST importantly... I have decided. And really, once I decide, it's as good as DONE.
So, feel free to come along for the ride OR just drop back in to congratulate me when it's done (LOL ok ok... that sounded cocky and I don't mean it like that, because I've been at this awhile
and haven't seen my goal yet... but I'm just saying, if you don't give up you don't lose... and I'm on a mission to enjoy this journey while (and until) I reach my end destination)
NOW... WHO'S WITH ME!? Let's make it happen.
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
GONABFIT's Random Tips for success:
(These are listed on my main page)
*These are really to remind me of what I am going to do to succeed!!! *
1. There is more than one way to judge success- I have not lost much weight. I am not at my goal... yet! BUT you know what there is more than one way to judge success! If you isolate your goal to only the scale you are sooooo likely to give up when you don't see the changes you want. If it takes me two years to reach my goal, will victory be any less sweet!? NOT IN MY OPINION! I will enjoy my goal weight WHENEVER I get it. and I will continue to work hard.
2. Focus more on your blessings than your disappointments- If you focus on the good in your life you will likely stay encouraged to keep going. Nothing good comes from focusing on negative things. Live, Learn, and move on!
3. Every decision brings you closer to or further from your goals- There is no single event that will bring you to your ultimate goal... so I am going to focus on each choice. Sleeping 8 hours brings me closer, pulling an all nighter leads me further from my goals. you get the point... :-)
4. Fiber, Fiber, Fiber- How can you ever lose weight if you never.... um.... get rid of waste. Enough said. LOL. Oh and also fiber helps weight loss. 25-35 grams.
5. Water it... and it will grow! - LOL seriously I have recently been drinking as much water as possible. The more water you drink the less you will eat to satisfy what is actually thirst.
6. Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are satisfied... NOT FULL- I followed this rule 2 years ago and I seriously lost weight because I was not eating just because it was there. If I got hungry in 2 hours I ate. If I got hungry in 4 hours and started eating and quickly got full... I stopped eating.
7. IT IS NOT THE LAST SUPPER!!! - Seriously, sometimes we must remind ourselves that if you get "satisfied" in the middle of a meal, it is ok to STOP EATING!!!! It will be there when you get hungry again. And if someone is stealing your food.... hide it! lol!
8. SLEEP- the last time I lost weight and was really healthy I slept 7-8 hours a night. When you sleep your cortisol lowers, less stress hormone, less belly fat. You've seen the commercials! LOL- oh and I've oversimplified this. but these are the "rules" I'm going to use. :-D
9. Cardio + weights + flexibility- I am going to exercise WHENEVER I can. If it's a few squats while I am studying so be it. If its a 5 mile run while listening to a lecture... GREAT! I will do my best and then let it go. No point in focusing on how much more you could have done. Do your best and be done!
10. Believe, Act, Receive, a.k.a. You've got to see it, before you see it or you never will SEE it! - If you have no goal or can't even imagine how you will acheive your goal it is less likely that you will achieve it. BELIEVE you can do it, ACT- sometimes you have to step out in faith. even if you feel that you are too tired or busy to do another workout... workout anyway. because sometimes you have to do it whether you want to or not!, Receive it- If you refuse to give up you WILL eventually reach your goal!
11. Walk by faith not by sight- again... I trust God that the things I do are not in Vain. Every workout, ounce of sweat, tears, etc are bringing me that much closer to my goal. I have FAITH that my body is conspiring FOR me and that when I least expect it, my body will finally MELT the pounds off. and when that happens I will be SOOO proud that I kept the faith.
12. Exercise Early and often! The earlier the less likely I will get busy and feel that it is a burden :-D Because I actually LOVE workinf out... Endorphins are addictive!!!!
13. Never say negative things about yourself- YOUR BRAIN IS LISTENING!! ... and it believes everything it hears. So please, say nice things. you say you are a failure... and yes, you are a failure. You say, I am full of energy and I CAN finish this workout, eat healthy.... whatever, and watch how quickly your body listens to what you say!
14. ~*~There is no tomorrow~*~ Do it now, today, as soon as possible. You'd be surprised how quickly a day, week, month, year can slip by. You don't want the next 6 weeks to get here before tomorrow does... so If you want to eat healthy// workout/ relax/ pray/ write in your journal..... start right now, where you are. It's never too late to get started... :-) The time is NOW!
15.Love yourself now, forever, and always- We get one shot at life and I would hate to look back and realize that I've spent most of my life disliking the one constant person in my life! :-) You are beautiful, you are unique, and YOU DESERVE HAPPINESS. Deep deep happiness. Pure Joy that makes you look forward to each day
16. I, too, hate that people judge you when they feel you are a little overweight and I also dislike the fact that in my mind losing weight means "validating" their belief that you have to be 'thin to win' LOL
BUT... I also know that my happiness comes FIRST or at least near the top of my totem pole and as long as I know I have more qualities than just being "pretty" everything will be fine. :-)
*Bonus*- I will never never never never give up! AND I am going to enjoy this journey and learn as much as possible from every struggle!
Get An Email Alert Each Time GONABFIT Posts