Sunday, August 14, 2011
This is a progress picture taken today to compare to the one from earlier this summer. Excuse the scarf and mismatch bikini. LOL.
So in the past few months, I have graduated from medical school. Started working 80 hour work weeks as a doctor, had little time to get most stuff done, but tried on a consistent basis to exercise as much as I could AND eat healthier.
Things I've learned in my limited free time over the past few months:
1. Sleep is important. I feel better when I get sleep EVERY night. And some nights I have to work 10 pm - 2 pm so I don't sleep much those nights. But, every night I CAN get sleep, I NEED to make a conscious effort to do so.
2. This weight loss thing is MORE about eating healthy than exercising 2 hours a day. - My time is limited. Luckily I actually ENJOY exercise and look forward to it, but I have this sinking suspicion that I will reach my goals MUCH faster if I eat healthy foods in moderation and exercise when I can. vs. eating fast food daily and then exercising like a manic and losing out on sleep because I need to burn off the extra cals.
3. Being positive is the only way to maintain sanity. - Lets see, I'm a Psychiatrist... so my personal mental health is VERY important to me and I plan to do my best to protect it. So that means, I choose to be positive, eliminate unnecessary stress and keep my life as simple as possible for as long as possible.
4. My life has GREATLY improved since I removed the negative people in my life. - As bad as I felt for having to eliminate some people and things, my life is MUCH BETTER for it. Daily arguing is not good for your health- mentally or physically. I look better, feel better, am happier, and actually enjoy life more now that I've made some changes.
5. Being single is better than being unhappily attached. -enough said.
6. When I trust God, he works it out. - He always has, and I trust he always will
7. I have to make PLANS and have something to look forward to in order to be successful AND feel like I am focused. - Goals make getting up each day a little easier. Therefore, I need to spend more time thinking about what I want from this life... and then go about getting it.
8. This journey is about SELF-LOVE: I have said it before and will say it again, until you learn to LOVE yourself I don't think you can be successful. No matter how far you've let yourself go, you've GOT to find something you can love about yourself or you will not continue to be successful. Lose weight because you deserve to have the freedom to live life how you want to live it. Just make sure you are loving yourself along the way. Buy nice clothes, get pedicures, wear makeup (if that's something that makes you feel good about yourself), whatever you do STOP WAITING UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR GOALS TO LIVE!!!!!! You never know how much life you have left, why not enjoy it while it's yours to enjoy. You won't get these days back.
And on that note, I've got plenty to do today before it is time for bed. I try to go to a new park every weekend and get at least ONE outdoor workout per week. On my agenda today is prayer, cleaning, a little shopping, an outdoor workout, writing, some reading, and sleep. LOL We'll see how much I get done.
P.s. I did not proof read this and I'm rushing. Hope you enjoy the blog. Later!